It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready to take the LEAP?!?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

you should watch the DVD Evolve Your Brain... pretty much tells you that you can fix that problem of yours and how and why it came about in the first place.
Its a 2 hour seminar from the creator of 'What the Bleep do We Know," another great flick if you havent seen it.
Pretty much says how science is now discovering we can turn our genes on and off and all the problems we have with our body is a direct reflection of our own attitudes in life and the unnecessary stress we cause.
Anyway, DL it or something, it should be helpful.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The video has been taken off you tube, is there another link?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reality is what YOU make of it and how you respond to it and how others perceive it through their reality.

For every action their is an equal and opposite reaction.

Don't make someone a priority if they only consider you an option.

What it boils down to is how we each perceive our surroundings and how we each act on it. We are nothing more then observes, with multitudes of varying views and opinions.

I take with me what I can perceive in 300 years.. what do you take?

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Willbert]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Your comment about reality being a delusion made me dig up an old Albert Einstein quote I had been using as a book marker. Kind of a metaphysical truth of being...in a nutshell

"A human being is part of a whole called the universe-a part limited in space and time. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest-a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison to us. Restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for the few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in it's beauty. We shall require a substantially new mannor of thinking if mankind is to survive."

I've always been a little surprised at this quote by Einstein. It's very "new age." Thanks for the video link. I am just finishing it up. I would say that if all options/results exist at once (to a decision or choice) as I've heard many people say, then there almost has to be some kind of illusion going on, especially if you believe in multiple dimensions.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor

Yup...and you accept it and move forward.
Perhaps the pain was caused by something you couldn't accept before.
Maybe this pain manifested itself outwardly....
Who knows?
Now that you have it what are you going to do with that?
You have options. You can do the whole "I can't" bit. Or you can research and look for the best answers.

I really don't know.

Still reality is an illusion.

Maybe calcium deposits built up in his joints as he got older?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
To Wertdagf

Consider...you don't have to accept, just consider.
Your child was playing recklessly and knocked over and broke a lamp.
You have the option of beating the child for whatever pleasure you might gain from this act of 'revenge' OR you could teach the child that what he did was wrong and explain why is it wrong. What would a loving parent do?
I in my ignorance, rape and murder a child.
I could be cast into hell for all eternity and God and everyone else could enjoy whatever sense of satisfaction they were able to obtain from this.
Or...I could choose to come back as a small child to be raped and murdered. To learn in the most direct way what was wrong with my behavior last time. I might also choose it knowing that to do so means it is I, who have inflicted this type of suffering on another, who will in turn suffer, rather than some innocent not deserving of it.
Think? What would be the proper fate for those who engaged in the slave trade? Who made countless others suffer and serve them because they believed themselves to be 'superior'?
Cast them into hell or have them reborn as Jews in Nazi Germany? Which would teach them the error and evil of claimed racial superiority?
If you remove God from the equation and consider it may be the individual himself who decides on this course in an attempt to improve his own understanding and spiritual purity then it seems to me you are moving towards a very logical perfectly balanced concept of justice.
You also eliminate the idea of some all-powerful deity judging you. You, yourself, are the judge creating your own karma.
And so when I come back, of my own choice, to be raped and murdered as a small child, what should you say to the person who asks 'why would God allow this?'
I do not know this is the case.
I do not know it is not.
I do not know there is not an even greater and grander scheme.
I do not believe God and/or the universe is limited to what I know or what I can grasp.
We need to get over ourselves and let some of that ego go.
How many persecuted peoples would there be if everyone believed they would be reborn into any race they enslaved? If everyone accepted that whatever evil they did to others they would have to experience themselves over and over until they truly grasp the evil of it?
What is more logical?
That the perfect creator created an imperfect system of justice?
Or that your inability to see or recognize the perfection of His system must mean it does not exist?
Let's rein in the ego a wee bit perhaps?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Wouldn't you feel silly if mere seconds after saying this one day, you suddenly woke up and realized you had been dreaming? You are sure you are awake now, but isn't that what you thought when you were dreaming? Think about it.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Before2017Victor

Basically, they say Reality is an illusion. Happiness is here. Nothing can hurt you.
Accept and move on. You can get involved in all these games people play in life and you can also just sit and be in peace.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Before2017Victor]

Unfortunately a human is just not a sum of energy or a software program. There are several mechanics involved along with the human mind the make the whole of what we call a human. things can hurt us and this ability or disability for some is there for a reason. Different individuals behave more efficiently in different environments. If there is no challenge and no diversity the human mind and society cannot advance. We can all enclose ourselves in a nice imaginary bubble where supposedly nothing will hurt us but what will be the outcome?

[edit on 22-8-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I don't think this has anything to do with new age or whatever.
I think it has everything to do with logic.

How about old school? "God resides within you. Your body is a temple for God. Etc."

It is quite simple, if this universe is infinite then there is no reason to suggest that we, being a part of this universe, are not infinite also.

That being said, what are we? We are beings who were bored with eternal thought. Therefore, we branched out and decided to make a game of eternal thought.

Now, in the "thought" everything is real. Including being punched in the face. But in reality, it is just a thought.
When we die, we will return to thought. Nothing more, nothing less.

As Bill Hicks said, "This is just a game. A rollercoaster. It goes up, it goes down. However, in the end, all we have to do is decide to stop it."

Or something like that.
The man was a genius.

Edit to include - As far as starvation in Africa... Well, someone has to create the moral dilema.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Before2017Victor

o boy i couldnt bear too watch this...im sure its a great little compilation...but...i couldnt get past the cheesy annoying beginning it reminded me too much of a motivational video
had to turn it off after 30 seconds.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Maybe you should actually watch it.

For myself, I am ready to go explore some nebula for a bit before I have to be sucked back into the game.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

As per your post:

""""""""""""This relates directly to the Philadelphia Experiment. The general idea at the time was that if you demagnetize the hull of the ship, it would no longer trip underwater mines. However, when the ship was demagnetized, the particles of matter that made up the ship became waves, instead of matter, and disappeared. The rest of the weirdness is another matter that have been covered extensively.

The general idea is if you can demagnetize a material object by using coils, as was done in the Philadelphia Experiment, the matter will be converted into pure energy. I really wish I had a better understanding of this, perhaps some members with a physics background can further enlighten us here? """"""""""""

Sure would be a powerful weapon, especially in space. Wonder if they have one; I'd rather not. I suppose the jungle would be the safest place. "It's too important to destroy." I would have to agree though I'd never pull the trigger. That'd be a whooole lot a bad karma/energy flowing around. I'd rather be a 'neutron' and treat my protons and electrons like 'my' yin and yang? or did it not come out as you intended?

Sometimes it is what it is. The people of the world are as but a paintbrush to a canvas. Sometimes the colors come together in 'bright' hues or patterns. Some call these patterns of Life and Creativity.

Sometimes those get lost in the darkness of depravity. Depravity of the Soul some choose to deny exist since they are unable to detect it with their puny eyes though some have built instruments designed to detect the life-Force in ones body they may have determined a humans life-force or 'signature' is quite different from those of the animal kingdom though they appear to be made from the same substances of life.

He with 'intellect' should find Reason for another.
He with 'heart' should console those which haveth not.
I don't know, just came to me.
What are 'you' smoking?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Here it is in a nutshell.
The world, our reality, is nothing more than a thought process based on the pattern of a brain cell.

It is evident in nearly everything.

Look at a map of the US (or whichever country you reside in). You will see roads leading into central systems. Much like how brain cells appear. Everything is simply a neural network.

Everything you perceive is individual to yourself, but it is added to the "base" to form reality that is congruent with yourself.

The question is, does QM break down because reality is an illusion, or because I perceive it improperly?
Actually, it is both, by my estimation.

This "fluctuation" in QM is some sort of program that sort of "meshes" everything together. Everything being the thoughts of everyone else. Into a cohesive, understandable unit.

It IS motivational. Because with this knowledge, you can literally change the world.

I tried authoring a piece that would strive towards that, but there simply aren't enough people open enough to this to do it.
This is what we need. We need for more people to see this and understand it!
Ready to Leap?!

Good name, by the way - Leap!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Kind of like, all roads lead to the Sovereign city-state of "The City of London" which is in actuality, an independent Financial entity of Greater 'London'. Some know who the Queen bows to, most not. Their's a Hornet in the Queens nest and she continues to let him run amuck.

I would remind her, it is Nobility, not Noble-ty that gives one 'Authority' of any kind. I don't need 'medals' and 'titles' to say what is right, what is wrong. The Truth speaks for itself and needs no interpreter nor explanation. When Truth is heard, it rings clear as a Bell. I hear the Bells a ringing in a WHOLE new reality. This new reality is one, the powers that be will have 'adjust to', not the other way around.

The financial head of an Octopus of inflation that keeps making a 'large' sucking sound. I believe the people have finally 'tuned in' on their frequency. I believe they are ready to 'pull their chords' or is it 'cords'.

I prefer to be Alloquial.
I believe this comes about in the 'next' edition.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

Skyfloating; how is the atomosphere?
It's warm in here.
Seems kinda cold out there.

Should we 'wonder' why?
It is what it is, just biz.
For the benefit of whom?

I liked Horace the best.
Some say Horus was a painter.
I'm not speaking ^ Synonymically if there is such a word.
There should be though I don't know Mr. Webster and his phone seems terminally 'off=hook'.
I'd prefer to see both as part of the 'landscape' though only 'One' has something to really Offer another.
One is the Painter, the other the portrait.
One gives Blood while the other gives pain.
One is/was Real, the other a 'deal'.
The Dealer makes the Rules and the dealt makes His hand.
Don't be 'duced'.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yes the old Holographic Universe theory as I am one who also believes in this.
At the end of the day of Psychological Time and space we are all;-

Dreaming the dream of dreamers dreaming that they were dreaming until they dreamed that they were actually dreaming and not dreaming as they thought they had been dreaming of such a wonderful dream that one thought that such a dream was indeed dreamable fantasy until they realized in fact. It was one big dream which seemed like an infinite dream with many different variables of dreams ...of the one great illusion of dreaming itself.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Epsillion70]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

Yes, and the only way WE are going to get to fly the UFOs is if we collectively understand this and just DO IT!

DAMNIT! I want to see the crab nebula in PERSON!

Wake up, people!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Epsillion70

Yes, and the only way WE are going to get to fly the UFOs is if we collectively understand this and just DO IT!

DAMNIT! I want to see the crab nebula in PERSON!

Wake up, people!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
wow now that was a big huge waste of time,

good thing i didnt watch all of it, since all they do, is talk about obvious over and over again.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wrill

Did you notice, in the video that is, how the presenter's eyes seemed empty while his words seemed like.....words. I looked hard and found little meaning. The only meaning I could find, is who made the video and why.

I always try to look for the Producer of the script, not the director. The director often knows not what he sais/does till it's far too late.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join