It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA To Return to South America To Seize Venezuelan Oil Fields

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

USA To Return to South America To Seize Venezuelan Oil Fields

english.pravda.ru

Hugo Chavez was the most emotional speaker. He said that the provision of seven bases for the US troops would help the USA commit intervention in order to seize the Venezuelan oil fields. The president indicated that the Colombian authorities have already attempted provocations. Chavez announced that he had denounced the energy agreement with the neighbouring country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Hi all,
Read the entire article. The only country in Latin America cooperating with the US is Colombia; which shares a land border with Venezuela. Now, Colombia has agreed to host US Military bases, and personal.

In my opinion very bad mojo. In this particular case I would fully have to agree with Hugo Chavez for a number of reasons.

The PTB in control of the US Govt. need wars to create economy, and also ***resources***. For over a year now the 4th Fleet has been reactivated in the Caribbean Sea, and Southern Atlantic Ocean. I say reactivated because the only other time the 4th Fleet was deployed to these waters was during WW 2.

From the initial reactivation of the 4th Fleet under Southcom the mission parameters shook myself to the core. The initial parameters included special military jargin such as: going feet dry in green water, which means action on the ground, and in the river ways; also mentioned was having the ships in the litorals, which equates out to within site of the shore. All in all very aggressive lingo, and without good cause.

Wake Up, Stand Up,

Sancho

english.pravda.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org... this link is to the wiki page for the 4th Fleet.

C'mon folks sure does seem like the same ole same ole from the PTB. They cram stuff down OUR throats until we give in.

This current action combined with the reformation of the 4th Fleet is going to lead to NOWHERE GOOD

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Doubt it will happen, but whacking ole Hugo would be a good thing. I'd pony up for that.

He's a self serving tyrannical S'bag and could use a good "Blood Eagle"... Norse style.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Oh goody, the American Empire expands even more.

Why we have to takeover the world is really beyond me. The bloody government can't fix a damned thing here yet they can go to S. America(or anywhere, for that matter) and cause problems.

I guess we need the armed forces down there, they must be there to protect the business interests of America - you know, gotta protect all that oil we don't have, yet.

Another day, another country to take over. Business as usual for the American Empire.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Bull! The only reason the us military is on columbia, is to help and ensure cocoaine makes it too our streets, so more people get hooked n messed up. Theirs a documentary on hbo time to time, about how the CIA smuggles coc aine in. A plice detective for LAPD stepped forward, and told the names of 3 operations... AMADAUES< watchtower, and i forget the other one. Everyone knows coc aine msotly is form columbia. SO! IF our troops are over in afghanistan overseeing the harvest of opium, ide imagine the same in columbia

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Sounds like the usual fun and games in South America not only are those bases in Columbia there to insure the CIA's drug investments the government will use the threat of force to make Chavez play ball.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Sounds completely plausible to me, I'm sure the USA would love to get their hands on Venezuela's oil.

It will take some kind of catalyst though in my opinion, the rabid gung-ho crowd in the USA seems fairly small for a war on Chavez at this time, there would need to be some provocation by the USA in order to draw Chavez into war, something like Gulf of Tonkin, or maybe some special evidence like yellow cake. That kind of shenanigans is unprecedented though, I expect USA to behave honorably.

Seems like the more recent CIA tactics of funding a coup of people more prone to bend over to the USA's demands just isn't working, Chavez managed to get through the 2002 attempt quite well.

/tin foil

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Bull! The only reason the us military is on columbia, is to help and ensure cocoaine makes it too our streets, so more people get hooked n messed up. Theirs a documentary on hbo time to time, about how the CIA smuggles coc aine in. A plice detective for LAPD stepped forward, and told the names of 3 operations... AMADAUES< watchtower, and i forget the other one. Everyone knows coc aine msotly is form columbia. SO! IF our troops are over in afghanistan overseeing the harvest of opium, ide imagine the same in columbia

I think you might be talking of American Drug War, by Kevin Booth? That's a pretty good film on that topic.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Probably a CIA base in Colombia, help some anti-chaves group to start a coup like they did before. It failed once and it will fail again. The S.Americans has learned their lesson, now it is the turn of the Arabs to learn and to never let Colonialists and Imperialists control their wealth and policies.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The bases in Colombia are replacing the base at Manta Air Base in Ecuador, that the US is vacating. US also have FOL's (Forward Operating Locations) in Comolapa AB El Salvador, Aruba and Curacao, in the area.

Personally anything that get's under Emperor Chavez's skin, i'm all for it.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
This is Chavez spouting off because we just gave a George Soros backed company 20 billion dollars to boost Brazil's oil exports and drill off shore. It's going to cut into Chavez's play money so he's trying to stir up the MSM against the US as usual! When the money runs out and we stop handing it out like water then we'll see just where it is they come running for help. Bash the US all you want but it's usually us that pays the bills!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
This is Chavez spouting off because we just gave a George Soros backed company 20 billion dollars to boost Brazil's oil exports and drill off shore. It's going to cut into Chavez's play money so he's trying to stir up the MSM against the US as usual! When the money runs out and we stop handing it out like water then we'll see just where it is they come running for help. Bash the US all you want but it's usually us that pays the bills!

Zindo

Actually China pays to bells, just to correct you for the record so people don't get confused. No body wants to deal with selfish America anymore and America can't afford another war so it will go to its old habits.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
... so he's trying to stir up the MSM against the US as usual!

It is a matter of record that the US tried to overthrow Chavez at least once before. The US has been funding opposition groups in Venezuela for years.

When the money runs out and we stop handing it out like water then we'll see just where it is they come running for help. Bash the US all you want but it's usually us that pays the bills!

If you genuinely believe this then you are under a sad misapprehension about the US' role in Central and South America. USAID is an instrument of the state deployed for a variety of reasons apart from simple generosity, which never figures.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I'd love to believe all this mess.. the US has some bad vibes going on with the world but I can't get past the source. Simply put, I don't trust Pravda.ru. I've said in a couple other threads their site has malicious content/scripts and most of the info they post is just plain bogus. No offense to the OP because I like a lot of your threads but... the source has to go

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Here's a related article on the concerns of the region:

Brazil asks US for meeting on Colombia bases

Brazil has asked the United States to meet with South American nations to discuss regional unease over a new deal giving the US military access to bases in Colombia, Foreign Minister Celso Amorim said Friday.

Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva made the request to US President Barack Obama in a half-hour telephone conversation early Friday, he said.

Lula reiterated Brazil's concerns over the United States being given access to seven bases in Colombia under a recently negotiated deal, and told Obama he wanted guarantees the US military would limit its actions there to Colombian territory.

Two anti-US neighbors of Colombia, Venezuela and Ecuador, have expressed fears that the bases might be used to stage an invasion of their countries.

I agree that pravda is not the best of sources, a little too sensationalized for me, but for me, it has done it's job.. garner attention.

An interesting snip from the above article:

Clinton told reporters in Washington after meeting Colombian Foreign Minister Jaime Bermudez on Tuesday that the deal was purely a bilateral matter focused on confronting "narco-traffickers, terrorists, and other illegal armed groups in Colombia."

She also stressed that there would be no permanent increase in US troop levels in Colombia, where 800 US soldiers and 600 US contractors are already based.

bold:mine

How many troops are to be included in this increase? How long is temporary?

Why are the US military being used in this situation anyway?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
1) Your source is Pravda, a well know "tabloid" of Russia's.
(Russia's answer to the mirror in england and the sun in the US)

2) Hugo is So paranoid, I think he is taking lessons from Kim of N.K.

3) from the above quote, drug interdiction is the cause for the men.

[edit on 8/22/2009 by mrmonsoon]

[edit on 8/22/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Forgive my ignorance but as far as Hugo Chavez goes, why is he considered "bad?"

I read a lot of comments basically just saying he is bad or crazy or something. Why is that? What has he done? Why is it exactly that the United States government dislike him so much?

Some of the things i've heard of say are somewhat hyperbolic or perhaps sensational. Other things he says seem to ring true, many times he seems to be just saying what many other countries and people in the world are thinking, in regards to the U.S.A.

I wouldn't put it past the United States poking it's nose into Venezuela.
So Clinton apparently stated the U.S military prescence in Colombia was for drug traffickers and terrorists etc? To me that doesn't make much sense. It would make far more sense in my eyes to establish military bases in Mexico, considering the difficulties there and the problems with the border. However i am not aware of whether the USA actually has any bases in Mexico.

I'd like to see a United South America, similar in style to the European Union. I don't know the chances of that happening....i am sure i read about it somewhere once.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
First, I'd just like to point out that the United States is not building any new bases in Columbia. It is simply being given access to already existing Colombian military bases. These will be severing Colombian bases (Colombian flags) hosting joint operations with a shared intelligence center.
The bases will also likely retain the same basic structure and model that's in place now. And the number of U.S. military personnel permanently stationed in Columbia cannot really exceed 800, with roughly the same number of civilian contractors.

Second, there is no need to invade anyone in that region over oil, much less Venezuela. Venezuela currently ships somewhere around 1.3 million barrels of oil per day to the United States, and we also have a fairly robust bilateral trade agreement and market in place. Although Chavez has threatened to disrupt and halt both, he has never actually carried through with such. Whether this is because it would make for a bad economic policy, or because Chavez does not want to push too far, is unknown. Point being there is no need to invade a county that's already shipping oil to the United States, and which accounts for roughly only 14% of U.S. oil imports.

Third, Venezuela hosted a Russian naval and air detachment last year which conducted joint maneuvers with the Venezuelan military. These included front line naval ships designed for blue water operations and nuclear capable strategic bombers, both of which cannot be used for anything other than conventional war against an advanced enemy. Chavez also extended a very warm hand to Russia, boasting that Venezuelan military bases would be open to Russian forces should they require such to complete a military operation in the region.

In short, Chavez and huff and puff all he wants, it’s nothing but propaganda and paranoia.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Just to maybe add something to this...

I live on a military base in Central Florida. There are planes here that belong to the State Department. The planes job is to fly down to South America, spray drug fields, and fly back. Maybe one of the purposes of this base is to allow this job to be done easier.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join