It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy removes top nuclear weapons facility officer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
From what I gather, these commanders are tested randomly knowing that the orders may be fake or real world scenarios.

Perhaps there was an order given during a stealth simulation in which the commander failed to act with the required precision and subordination.

It's easy for us to think the worst, even though we are probably right to think the worst. However it could have been a simple maneuver that could have lost or won a battle.

Simulations are mostly known when they occur but launch codes can be dummies assigned for a stealth simulation, too.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
It's most likely his people were underperforming in inspections or were lax in procedures. Could've been some fraternization issues that he disregarded. It could be many things, a combination of things without delving into the "disregarded orders" conspiracy.

It's pretty common in the Navy, as a Commanding Officer if your folks underperform, screw up, fail exercises, inspections, etc, the CO takes the fall, gets "reassigned", since he's overall responsibile.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
This is a conspiracy site, therefore if there is something suspicious, we need to take a closer look. Too many of you have come in here trying to dismiss any conspiracy. No it may not be anything, but it might just be something.

If all you have to contribute is all of the legitimate reasons he may have been terminated then please do not post. We all know of the legitimate reasons he could have been relieved of command.

If you are not looking for conspiracies then why are you postiong on this site at all?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
Any command in the Navy dealing with nuclear power or nuclear weapons is extremely high profile and political.

With all due respect, there is no reason to jump to a conclusion that his firing was for anything but underperformance. With all the heat the Air Force took, I can definitely see them relieving a captain if his duties weren't carried out to the highest level of professionalism. The article mentioned someone else in his job was fired in the past for failing an inspection. I don't see why that might not be the case again. They wouldn't want to publicize something like that.

If there ever was a plot to detonate a nuke in a false flag operation, the weapon would not be a known weapon stolen from the US military aresenal. It would be too easy to trace.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn if some US intelligence agencies already have untraceable WMD in their inventories.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Schaden]

There has been a missing armed nuke since 2007. No one has accounted for it's where abouts to this date. It doesn't neccessarily mean that there was a false flag, he could very well have been refusing orders to fire on another country.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

He is in charge of a maintenance base for subs. And part of his duty is loading weapons on subs. He has no authority to order a sub to fire on anything.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
This is a conspiracy site, therefore if there is something suspicious, we need to take a closer look. Too many of you have come in here trying to dismiss any conspiracy.

But there is nothing suspicious about this guy getting canned. It happens all the time.

No it may not be anything, but it might just be something.

It is nothing until there is something to go on besides imagination.

If all you have to contribute is all of the legitimate reasons he may have been terminated then please do not post. We all know of the legitimate reasons he could have been relieved of command.

Denying ignorance is this site's motto and I have every right to post in this thread, especially since I've been to that base and seen the outside of the SWFPAC in person. It would take an army to assault the place. No one could successfully steal a weapon off the base through subterfuge. There are too many checks and balances.

If you are not looking for conspiracies then why are you postiong on this site at all?

I do look for conspiracies, however all conspiracies aren't equal.

There has been a missing armed nuke since 2007. No one has accounted for it's where abouts to this date.

That conspiracy of a missing nuke started after a press article erroneously under reported the number of weapons recovered. The Air Force did lose accountability for over 12 hours.

It doesn't neccessarily mean that there was a false flag, he could very well have been refusing orders to fire on another country.

The person let go was not in a capacity to "fire" on another country. Only the SSBN commanders have that authority.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Schaden]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I was in the Navy, been out 8 years; and command reassignments happen all the time. However, what does it hurt to look into this matter a little further as some have mentioned? If it was routine, that's great; but if it was sinister then what a red herring we have uncovered. I find it interesting with all the nuke foul-ups in the Air Force in recent months and now a CO being sacked at Navy submarine base, and not any base, but one with Trident nuclear weapons. With all the talk of a false-flag event and speculations of it possibly being nuclear; what does it hurt to look into why the CO was fired a little further? Maybe it is nothing, but then again, maybe it is something?

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Speaking of winding up dead, do you remember the subway accident in D.C. a couple of months ago? I found it interesting that the A.F. GENERAL who scrambled the jets on 9-11 (and his wife) wound up killed in that wreck...

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I also recall that Bill Clinton's A.F. One's pilot was killed near Front Royal, VA in his car - and the one who hit him was not caught.

<< 1   >>

join