It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal invention to help reduce lung cancer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well i pretty much just got throught with a brainstorming session with some friends, we came up with a drink that can actually reduce lung cancer. The drink isnt important as much as the bottle tho
the bottle, the way its designed is similar to a bong although a very simple one. Basically it filters the smoke through water, all you need to do is put a cig into a hole and pull.

Kinda looking for something that could help people out and make some side change

anyone got a ny thoughts on this idea? maybe how one can go from concept to product?

thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The toxic chemicals are formed when tobacco is heated to a certain point. If you could produce a smoking device that keeps tobacco's burning temperature below that threshold then it would reduce a lot of toxins.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

well assuming you dont drink the entire drink and it was refrigerated, the cold water would filter and cool the smoke.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
ironically in bc we'd call that a waterlung.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I suggest that people simply push themselves to take up other activities besides smoking. If you have a real urge to do something while facing lulls in activity, try candy like lifesavers, lollipops, gum, etc. Even though I am a fairly chill person, I can sometimes find myself getting a little fidgety when having to sit around for extended periods of time, and I have found many ways to handle such an issue, none of which ever involved touching a cigarette.

If you are a social smoker on the other hand, just quit it period.

Just a suggestion, I don't mean to take away from your invention "phi1618". If you really want to push for the invention, watch who you tell (Be Hush-Hush on specifics), and go for a Patent with the office in Arlington:

United States Patent and Trademark Office.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
the number 1 cancer that smokers get is pancreatic not lung, would be interesting to see what the results would be for your idea!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I myself am a smoker and I remember when I first started smoking 2 years ago. My friend smoked lights and I tried reds for about a week. When I smoked his I felt like I was smoking air, I got nothing out of it. I went straight back to my reds because I need to feel that heavy feeling going down my throat or I'm not satisfied with my cigarette. It's great that you sit around and try to figure out ways to help other people but, I'm sure a lot of us wouldn't use it. At least not when we're driving anyway. Good hearts though, its sweet

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Here's a good reason to quit, well in America anyways. Tobacco is now government regulated. Meaning, they can put whatever the hell they want in them now and you'd never be the wiser. Bioweapons, chemical weapons, influenza, nano machines, etc. The list could go on and on. And don't think that they'd think twice about doing it either. The government has experimented on the population since anyone can remember. Anyone remember the radioactive isotopes in the children's cereal back in the 50s? They don't care about us. The sooner you all realize that, the better off you will be. Myself, I'm on my last pack and I will not be buying anymore. Since the government took oversight on the tobacco, I have noticed a significant difference in the flavor of the cigarettes I was smoking. They've wasted no time in messing with the ingredients. Not that anything in a cigarette was ever any good for you, but now, they have a blank check to do whatever they want with them.
If they want population control, what better way than to introduce a weapon into tobacco that will kill everyone that smokes. They all think of smokers as less than human these days anyways. I think it's high time for all of us smokers to join the non-smokers. You'll also be denying them tax dollars and money for their pet projects if you quit. Here's to quitting!!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

I think you are talking about a bong. I know you said 'like a bong' but, no matter how I try to come up with a mental image of a device like you are describing, I see a bong.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

eww, are you saying that folks WOULD drink the bong water????

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

you are a bit late.

it is called a hookah..

not hooker...arabs use it all the time..the hookah..

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 4-9-2009 by esecallum]

new topics

top topics

join