It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you could ask god/universe one question...just one...what would it be?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
You stand before God and you ask your one and only question that you are allowed to ask and God looks into your eyes and says nothing. You ask God your same question over again thinking God did not hear you and you are thinking God hears everything at anytime. You try one more time to ask God your one and only special question, but still no answer from God.

Still dead silence and no answer is forthcoming from God so you turn around
to walk away. You are thinking, but other humans claim they can talk to you
Dear God and receive answers and why not me?

Still no answer from God and your thinking did I do something wrong to offend God. God never answered your one special question, why am I here Dear God?

The next day you are fishing in a cool and clear stream and you hear the soothing rushing of the rapids and off in the distance in the corner of your eye you see a fawn tangled in branches from a tree and water is starting to cover the nose of the fawn. With the Fawn trying to break lose to no avail you walk over ever so gentle and break the tangled Fawn lose from the branches over hanging into the water and carry it to shore.

The Doe or mother deer was near and licked her baby on the head and then they both ran off into the woods. You get into your car after fishing all day and start driving down the road and you come upon an accident scene where a car had ran off the road into a deep ditch and a woman is behind the wheel in labor.

No one is there at the accident scene so you have to deliver the baby by yourself over the cries of the mother. Other motorists finally arrived and helped with the baby that you had wrapped ever so gently in a towel that you had in your car. You proceed to drive home after the delivery of the baby and you making sure that the mother and baby were taken care of by EMTs.

Driving along the road you come upon a turtle crossing the road and you stop and carry the turtle to the other side of the road. You finally arrive at home and your two kids run up to you and say Daddy Daddy and you pick them both up in your arms and give them both a kiss and you say I love you both and they both say I love you Daddy.

God never answering your question when you stood before him the day before but answering the question, why am I here Dear God that day without saying a word.

We all were not promised a rose garden on this Earth and you have the choice to be a rose or the thorn on the rose. ^Y^

[edit on 28-8-2009 by amari]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
"Why if u had exsisted on earth in human form, would you from all edges of exsistance have a portion of your exsistance blinded to !0% brain usage and let the other 90% to dream and boredom?" , I mean snakes could possibly get out of hand and need be slayed

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I would ask : What was the purpose for my ( or any of my human brethren ) birth ?

No purpose = No meaning = No motivation

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunatyx
I would ask : What was the purpose for my ( or any of my human brethren ) birth ?

you need to define that yourself. it's your life afterall.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
my question is how do i heal a badly wounded soul?

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus

Originally posted by Lunatyx

you need to define that yourself. it's your life afterall.

I agree, but how can one do this when all you can certainly know is that you, me, this planet and the universe will eventually turn to dust. And even if this were not true, why should I do anything if I do not know what for ?

And no, god and - or afterlife are not arguments since they cannot be proven.
I do admit that there are cases known of incarnation, but I believe these people are the ones that actually understood life and found its meaning (or the lack thereof.... )

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

This is so true!! The Lord works in mysterious ways, he hears us

and answers, but not always the way we think he should, have faith..imo

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I don't believe that we need to look outside of ourselves for any answer, but If I did have a question it would be.......Are we there yet?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Maya: But you already know the answer to that, I think.

Amari: Starred. A very pleasant, eloquent well-articulated moral quandary. "If God doesn't answer, then I've done something wrong. Ok. Ok. I must try to be a better person (a perfectly healthy self-produced guilt really)." Thus, the day of good deeds it produced. And a very realistic, relate-able moral. Cudos.

relative:

"We are living in a constant state of 'is', and our only purpose is to 'be'." - Airl

I tend to have to believe this, as it proves to me that no matter the messenger, the truth's most basic fundamental messages always seem the most motivational driving force in my life experience. At least until some better explanation comes along, I have no problem believing this most basic and obviously truthful in-your-face reality. Having my purpose defined, and the issue closed (even with so many other questions still unanswered) seems to have prompted me to do things in my life in an effort to better my personal 'be'-ing...and the 'be'-ings of everyone around me.

True, it can seem very cold and heartless, but I have found that starting with this basic foundational truth has led me to closure of some kind on this question, and that this closure might be the catalyst I needed personally to drive me into living a better life.

I can only hope that it gives a couple of you the same closure it has given me, as answering this one profound age-old question has proven to steer me into something of a clearing...truly seems to have lifted a huge weight that was once bearing down on me.

All the best.

I'll still stick with "How are you?"...if we're guaranteed an answer that is.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by lagnar]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I would ask God:

"What kind of sick **** are you? You do realize you put pedophiles and kids on the same planet, right? And you also realize that those kids are being molested, right? Of course you do, so WHY THE **** ARE YOU LETTING THIS HAPPEN???!!!???

So again, God, I must ask: What kind of sick **** are you?"

That's what I would ask God, assuming the sick **** even exists.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
i would just ask who made you?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
my question is how do i heal a badly wounded soul?

Time.

Cause and solution of all problems.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I would ask god, "what are the answers to all life's questions?"

Hopefully he wouldnt say something like "14, yes, yes, no, 6 1/2 inches, chocolate chip, yes, and denim"

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You let people learn through suffering, death and loss. Why didn't you let yourself and your angels learn this lesson when satan tried to overthrow you?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I would probably ask have i got an actual purpose or am I here to make up numbers?
I'd like to know if i actually have a purpose or if im just here for the funnies.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Sometimes, one can become too serious.

Like a hiccup, a laugh here and there, can be a relief.

"Next upcoming Lotto numbers" actually got a star from me. That post said that yes while the subject covered in this thread is of high importance so is our everyday life on this physical plane as well.

This thread is most interesting and mind expanding, however every once in a while something so serious and consuming as this thread needs to have a little lightness thrown in.

Who are we, what are we, what is our purpose, do we have a purpose, are we just mere motals, What comes after that last breath we take, etc.....very heady stuff and with a little humor comes a relief for just a second, a resetting if you will so that the journey "to the next level" can be accomplished.

Be serious but lighten up, not as a sign of disrespect but as a mechanism to continue onward.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by platipus

How does one heal a badly wounded soul?

Answer: With love.

Love is the answer and everything else is an illusion.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
"what is the purpose/meaning of the universe?"

i really can't think of a more important question.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by amari

We all were not promised a rose garden on this Earth and you have the choice to be a rose or the thorn on the rose. ^Y^

Beautifully put with that quote.

Your post deserves many more stars.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
God/Universe,

can you tell me where I can find a toilet, please?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join