It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you could ask god/universe one question...just one...what would it be?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advancedboy

Would you like to live 500 years by a condition that you wouldn` t have saved anyone`s life?
When you answer my last question, you will have answered what is truly the meaning of life.

Trimmed multiple quotes to 'last question'

[edit on 22/8/09 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Instead of asking a question I would request something. Like children never having to suffer horrifically again.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'd ask one of a few questions like, "why is our planet so messed up?", or "could you make me a godly being, please?". If it's directly to God I'd ask, "where the F have you ben the last 2000 years?"

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by octaviameister
Who needs "God" when you have a "Pendulum"?

i reeaally want to buy a pendulum, but i want to buy the sand one. Where it makes the etches in sand

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliBruh
"Do you believe in a God or higher being?"

niiiice ONE!!!
this is one i never really thought to ask.
damn...THIS QUESTION has me thinking =]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I would ask God.....

How many more of these "ask God" threads are we going to have to endure?

his answer "a lot"

perhaps you can ask him how many more of these "ask god" threads, are you actually going to go read, and reply to...>ONCE AGAIN....to just complain about you replying to them....>ONCE AGAIN...
you don't HAVE to read/reply to the. I do hope you know that?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i would ask..... "who are you and what have you done with the real god?"

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Could you pay my car-note this month?

I would probably ask, seriously, what does he think of Man so far?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

What the freaking hell was going through your demented mind when you came up with this monster ??

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I would ask this Supreme being:

"Why have you let the masses think you are something you are not"?

Yep

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
My first thought was to ask why mankind is unable to communicate effectively with other creatures on this planet.

I mean, we can tell domesticated animals what we require of them and if we tune in we can understand quite a lot of what our pets try tell us, but it's all rather limited.

And then it occurred to me that if we were able to communicate easily with other species, we might feel less inclined to eat or mistreat them. If they could plead for their lives or ask us to treat them kindly we'd have to reconsider the way we dealt with them.

So, the real question could be why do we all need to eat each other in order to survive?

Alternatively, do animals think we are inferior because we need to talk and are unable to practice telepathy?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton

Originally posted by zooplancton
my question:

would you please reverse the aging process in all of my (and my wife's) cells and provide me with enough financial backing to live for 500 years?

why:

i'd like to see where mankind ends up in 500 years.

[edit on 8/22/2009 by zooplancton]
When you answer my last question, you will truly have answered what is the meaning of life.
earn it, and I will give it to you.

i've already earned it. i've had the fortune to have saved 2 people's lives before and i have enough karma points to get to saturn and back.

Would you like to live 500 years by a condition that you wouldn` t have saved anyone`s life?

not sure i understand your question my friend.
i was mostly making a crack about the weird line "earn it, and i will give it to you."
i'm not sure i get it.
life is life. no expectations, no self-entitlment, or entitlement by others.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
My question would be,

How are you?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Which God? Whose God? Ok, we"ll just say The Universal god, all languages considered, anything we as puny humans can muster in our tiny little minds ...I would ask " If you are really God, then how am I even able to ask you a question? " If I had any questions for something claiming to be God, it is most likely an imposter.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

beat me 2 it

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

My God in heaven was that horrifying. I am quite disturbed, yet still want to watch it again.

My question:
"Are there any sane women out there, and if there are, can I please get one?"
or
"Can I just explore all that universe alone for awhile when I die?"
or
"If we are spiritual beings, why am I so limited on this earth?"

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If I met God, I would ask... If you have the ability to create the universe and all the worlds in it, as well as the intelligent beings that occupy them, do you really find any enjoyment with those beings spending time worshiping you?

I think the answer would be... No, I think he/she would prefer to have us think for ourselves and make the best of what we have. God would be generous enough to not want us to waste our time on him, and invest it toward improving ourselves. That is... if he existed at all.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I have wondered about a question many times. There is so much misery in this world.. so much sorrow, so many awful things that are just shocking and unbearable. But there is also so much in the world that is magical, so much wonderment...like a newborn baby. Life of any kind is a miracle. It staggers your mind even thinking about it. But the down side...is diseases that cripple and kill the young and the old. And, of course, eventually DEATH anyway.
(And the animal kingdom is so violent, with the bigger animals eating the smaller ones. Or something always eating something else up.)
lf you get in the way of a shark,a bear or a vicious anything, it is almost certain that you are going to have a really bad day!!
So My question to God is ..... WHY?!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hypothetical creator question...hmmm.

"Did I leave the stove on ?"

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Well this being my one question the first thing to come to mind would be, "What is the meaning of life?" But as I sat here and thought about it I realized the meaning of life is death. You cannot have one thing without an opposite. So this draws to mind that this would be a pointless question to ask. Do I thought about it more and came up with this, "Why, of all things would you create angles, knowing one of the would go evil and betray you?" But I realised, if he is supposed to to be all knowing, then he let it happen. So I was thinking and came upon a memory of me talking to a pastor at a younger age (15 or 16) and saying, "If God controls all aspects of life, then we would not have free will, and there would be no Hell, or people would not go there due to him taking them to Heaven." So you must put alot of thought into this question. If you don't, and you ask a simple question, you will get a simple answer. So this draws more thoughts. If God would trick you by giving a simple answer to a simple question then we must ask this, "I request that you please tell me and everyother living human being, and angel every false hood you have put on earth, like Atheism, Buddhism, and other religions." If he could not give you an answer then he is not God, or any higher being for that matter and should be forgotten.

Thay is my post. If you don't like it, then oh well.

EDIT: I forgot to say, that's a nice Pitbull you got there Berenike

[edit on 23-8-2009 by mr. nameless]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join