It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odor Across San Francisco

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PenandSword
Since the very obvious was not mentioned....the smell is related to too many bums and hippies in SF
Oh...and a possible Nancy Pelosi bio-medical waste dump from another plastic surgery.

Hell, I'm bored, and I'm sure the mods are getting tired of this thread, so allow me to do it for their 4th or 5th time ..................

Originally posted by semperfortis
This is not a Chit Chat Forum Folks...

Let's stop with the Off Topic Banter..

Thank you

Semper

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I spent the day in San Francisco today (Aug 23) and the smell is definitely sulfur-based. I have a fair amount of experience with various chemicals including sulfur.

General notes: it seemed to be really high tide compared to what I've seen there before; I didn't check the charts though. It was foggy over the bay (not unusual) and moderately windy in SF (not unusual at all).

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive
the smell is definitely sulfur-based.

The red algea (or whatever it was reported as being) would have no bearing to the member report from Fresno, 150+ miles away, experiencing the same sulfur smell, the same day.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

I'm still leaning towards the refinery shutdown and flaring event. The smell from sour gas is rather.... persistent.

I have no idea what the prevailing wind condidtions are or were in California, but they could definately affect how long the aroma, whether a flaring refinery or red tide like event, lasts.

If it is sea based, and a lot of sea life kicked the bucket at the same time, I would think that there would be a definite fish characteristic to the smell.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Wrong thread. Deleted.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by mkross1983]

<< 4  5  6   >>

join