It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn & Teller - 2012 [video]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

I always find it amusing when people recommend "gurus". Gurus who usually have founded great projects such as..oh..I..don't know.."The Resonance Project"

Which, if you bother to read between the lines, exists purely for you to donate material wealth to it (and by extension its founder)

I guess Barnum's opponent (Hannum) was right.......

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

lol yeah why dont you watch the one on conspiracy theories, these guys are just taking it from a social point of view. making comedy, and who knows what else.

iv disproved alot of what they said, and they tend not to give the whole story all the time.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EdCase512

so you discredit all of nassim's work due to the "resonance porject"?
give me a break. try looking into the crossing the event horizon series.
clearly you just googled the name and somehow tried to discredit the first thing you saw related to him.

and he is simply one person that contributes to the overwhelming people spreading the information about our universe, the truth.

lolol meh i don't care if you don't believe me

technically i can't be wrong till 2012, since you must accept all possibilities

so until then, you can't say this is all bull#, well you can, but then your just being narrow minded.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I just finished watching the whole video and I think it was very unbalanced and didn't cover a lot of the major hypothesizes covered on the forums here at ATS>

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
back to the tribulation point... that is true. there will be signs that the tribulation is starting. one is that an attack on the holy land(isreal) will be halted and stopped... no one will be hurt.. the second sign is when the worlds currency changes to only the dollar, yen and euro. there will be a worldwide religion started and a great leader will finally be accepted by everyone and bring peace. the actual moment that will start is when a peace treaty will be signed by isreal and finally peace in the middle east. NOT FOR LONG!! the 7 years of tribulation will be the darkest years in history.... unfathomable natural disasters, world wide wars, and mass genocide. after that any survivors and saved ppl will enjoy 1000 year of peace an perfection on earth.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
back to the tribulation point... that is true. there will be signs that the tribulation is starting. one is that an attack on the holy land(isreal) will be halted and stopped... no one will be hurt.. the second sign is when the worlds currency changes to only the dollar, yen and euro. there will be a worldwide religion started and a great leader will finally be accepted by everyone and bring peace. the actual moment that will start is when a peace treaty will be signed by isreal and finally peace in the middle east. NOT FOR LONG!! the 7 years of tribulation will be the darkest years in history.... unfathomable natural disasters, world wide wars, and mass genocide. after that any survivors and saved ppl will enjoy 1000 year of peace an perfection on earth.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaendar

The philosophy and culture you base your statements on is extremely outdated.

But if something's age is any indicator of its accuracy, I could point to much older teachings that are still just as obvious today as they were then.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have seen this show that Penn & Teller host. In fact, I remember watching quite a few seasons of the show a couple years ago and it honestly entertained me simply because of the rather comical and risque approach they took to everyday issues and topics all across the board. Many of the topics they covered were actually very insightful, and exposed certain degrees of truth in certain areas, I'll give the show that much credit.

I also remember specific episodes in which they attempted to debunk and discredit ghosts, The Bible, UFO's, alien abductions, seances, creationism, *conspiracy theories*, cryptzoology, astrology and a few others that dealt with topics of this nature. Oh, and the 2012 end of the world thing, can't forget that one!

What's my point? These guys are magicians in Las Vegas. Entertainers. People, like you, I and everyone else. My main point? Given the short list I mentioned of the other paranormal related topics that they have basically discredited and made fun of in other episodes, I think it's rather safe to say that Penn & Teller are not exactly the kind of guys that I would base all my knowledge, opinions and personal insight on when it comes to topics of the unknown and seeking spiritual guidance in life. I mean, lets be honest here - I see the obvious link between them being professional illusionists and exposing various fallacies and illusions in the world itself, but when they go claiming that pretty much ANYTHING paranormal related is complete and utter BS, then it leads me to rationally and logically believe that these guys are denying more than they have any basis to even argue against in that respect. I believe in the paranormal as much as I believe that I myself exist in a three dimensional planet called Earth. I myself have experienced the paranormal to certain levels and degrees thus far in my lifetime, and if what I'm told by Penn & Teller is otherwise, then I guess I have to personally consult them on what the best mental institute would be to admit myself to and seek 'professional' help in being so delusional and full of ''it''. I guess Penn & Teller would have a hay-day dedicating a 30 minute episode to the ''BS'' of the ATS website, wouldn't they?

If they say that the whole 2012 theory is nothing more than pure hype and nothing more, then that's their opinion to share with those who may or may not believe otherwise...period. They may be giving out solid facts, and presenting some very valid cases against such topics that may have some illusion of falsity to them, but as far as the whole premise of the show goes, you'd be better off educating yourself with more neutral information that doesn't have a rather high amount of bias behind it.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It proves nothing, the Penna and teller thing

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I agree completely, the only reason 2012 is even a part of pop-culture today is because of the history channel airing one show on the topic. I believe that its just another big cash cow for the media, with the movie, the shelters (i forget the name of the organization that actually had commercials for shelters), and TV programs that many will view. Its like Y2K all over again, and we have more important issues to deal with, and i think the Mayans did too, maybe they thought "we should probably stop working on that calendar and start worrying about those Spanish guys." But hey, that's just me, and everyones entitled to their opinion

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
well the mayans predicted lots of stuff,so its pretty concerning,still were too advanced to get wiped out,dosnt matter the threat.
were so advanced we probably dont get affected by the prediction.
if its a meteor we can just nuke it
if its a earthquake we can disable it
terran wins..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join