It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thoughtful counter discussion to the thread: Answers I received from my pendulum.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Here's an example about personal interpretation which came to mind:

I was visiting with some people I know, an old friend of mine asked me to get my cards and give him a reading.

I shuffled, let him cut the deck, and then pulled 3 cards. I told him the words associated with each card. He looked at them and saw the numbers on the cards and started doing some numerology in his head. So, I told him the astrological attributions of the cards also. He decided the reading was about the summer months, because of the numerology and astrology involved, because he'd studied it some himself.

Then a girl who was there got interested in it after seeing his positive reaction. She said "Oooh, can you give me one too?" I reluctantly agreed, because I don't know her very well.

I shuffled and asked her to cut the deck. She was awkward about it, like she thought she didn't know how she was supposed to do it. She cut the deck and I pulled 3 cards for her. Told her the words associated with each card. A couple of the cards were Trumps. I tried to explain how the Trumps (for me) generally seem to refer to stages of inner development, so to speak.

She really had no idea what I was talking about, or what to make of the cards. She expected me to tell her some kind of phenomenal "psychic" stuff. I could have told her what *I* personally interpreted the cards to mean, but I didn't want to make any assumptions about her or her personal life.

Since she didn't get any dramatic "psychic" sort of advice from it, she asked me to try again. So I did... and I got cards with similar meanings as the first set, but she still didn't "get it". The meanings were pretty clear to me at that point, but since I don't know her well, I didn't want to tell her what I thought it meant.

Basically, because A) she might have got offended by me telling her something she didn't want to hear, or B) she might have wrongly assumed that I'm some sort of "psychic", if I was right. I wasn't comfortable with either possibility.

Anyway, my point is, the friend I read for first had a bit of knowledge about some forms of divination. I just offered the tool, and myself using it, to let him give himself a reading. But the girl had no real interest in it or knowledge of it, yet she seemed to want the same positive result my friend experienced with his reading.

It's in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I prefer blood eggs myself.

Very hard to come by.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Please stick to the topic of divination.

You are expressing hostility and are trying to derail the thread.

Please, Please, set aside your anger, and post to the nature of divination rather than resorting to personal attacks, and outbursts.

Thank you.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Where in the original thread did calihan say the readings were always correct and the final answer? I think she made it pretty clear how it works and that the answers she got could clearly be wrong because it wasn't being done by the questioner him/her self.

I don't think people were taking all the answers as seriously as some of you think. I saw it as a thread where some people were having fun with it, something else to do besides argue or watch people argue in other threads, then in came the people who took it way too seriously and threw a fit.

God forbid there be a thread on ATS that doesn't feature a conspiracy

And the main reason some people asked questions mostly about themselves, was so they could see the accuracy of it. They asked questions they knew the answer to.

And I am sticking to the topic. I'm referring to things people have brought up in this very thread.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by nightmare_david]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I havent read all of this thread, nor have I read ANY of the one this is referring to. Mainly because Im very against exploiting the craft.

I myself have an Oracle board, with crystal pendulum , Im assuming the person doing these readings may have something similar.

I feel it is not in the best interest of ANYONE to exploit this craft. It is meant for personal reasons, and not to be done publicly.

It is not a toy to be played with at will. It is an energy for the purpose of personal divination. It really can be very dangerous when exploited and I hope you heed this. I am not attacking anyone, as I dont even know the people involved, but I really am against this commercial use of something of magik value. Karma can be a bitch.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

This is a thread about divination, please keep to the spirit of the topic.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

Those types of situations can really put the reader into an uncomfortable situation, and they can be difficult to avoid sometimes.

If they want a reading, I wouldn't want to send them away just because I don't personally know the person. Yet, it opens a can of worms and can leave someone who just doesn't understand with hurt feelings and a lot of misconceptions, no matter what you say or do.

Sometimes you just can't win.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

That is really the spirit of the OP. Personal accountability, while opening one's mind to even further possibilities of universal and self exploration.

Anger at disagreement of readings or opinions really has no place in such a reading. Even the slightest amount of frustration or anger in a reading, even someone standing in a corner in the room watching, can affect the entire outcome.

Nothing is certain, except change, and that is only the general rule.

P.S. Oh I loved your hair soup pic, I am kind of sad to see it go. Oh well!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I thought the pendulum thread was fun, I have several of them, and I also read tarot cards, runes, and etc... I don't see any harm in it. People are just uptight, and need to chill out. I think divination is a way of connecting with the synchronisity of universe

Peace
Trustnobody

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM

That is really the spirit of the OP. Personal accountability, while opening one's mind to even further possibilities of universal and self exploration.

Anger at disagreement of readings or opinions really has no place in such a reading. Even the slightest amount of frustration or anger in a reading, even someone standing in a corner in the room watching, can affect the entire outcome.

Nothing is certain, except change, and that is only the general rule.

P.S. Oh I loved your hair soup pic, I am kind of sad to see it go. Oh well!

Yes, you are correct
Also, anything that is exploited becomes a mockery of that which it was originally intended. This is sacred ancient magik. It shouldnt be commercialized or used like a sideshow attraction.

There are real energies involved and these energies are alive, just as the earth, trees, plants, etc are alive, each with a spirit. That is the magik of divination. Like a magnet has an energy, the force can not be seen, only the result of the energy can be seen. yet is like magik.

Oh and ty, I liked it too..but I get bored of the same thing
Its still me tho
...lol

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by trustnobody
I thought the pendulum thread was fun, I have several of them, and I also read tarot cards, runes, and etc... I don't see any harm in it. People are just uptight, and need to chill out. I think divination is a way of connecting with the synchronisity of universe

Peace
Trustnobody

Of course its "fun", just like the Ouija board and other tools.. but that is what they are, tools, not toys.
I dont mean to be a "party pooper", but this is what happened many years ago with the "parlor tricks" . Exploitation at its best.

I just want to keep what is sacred, sacred. Do you see what I mean?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM
reply to post by nightmare_david

This is a thread about divination, please keep to the spirit of the topic.

Thank you.

Please excuse my ignorance here.
Does divination also include dowsing rods?

I had an experience with them 35/36 years ago and actually had skin torn from my hands as I held a willow "stick" and it would actually point to the ground at one part of a field and no where else. Don't know why. I was told there must be water there but I wasn't going to start digging so I don't know.

All I know is that I could not stop the "stick" from moving no matter how hard I squeezed. Didn't feel anything special except for the feeling that "this is neat".

Anyway, is there a scientific explanation for this or is it something totally different.

If this has nothing to do with divination, please accept my apology as I have no intentions of derailing or anything of the sort. As I said, I am very ignorant of all of this and am just looking for an explanation.

Thank-You for your time.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I don't believe there is anything sacred about divination. The art has nothing to do with cultivating enlightenment or communicating with gods. I don't see what would make it sacred.

Peace
Trustnobody

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I don't believe there is anything sacred about divination. The art has nothing to do with cultivating enlightenment or communicating with gods. I don't see what would make it sacred.

Peace
Trustnobody

Anything that uses tools of the craft is sacred, and honestly, should only be used by someone with the knowledge. That is why items of magik are called tools, as athames, pendulums, scrying tools, etc. All these tools are consecrated, or should be, and blessed before you use them. The tools should be used in conjuction with a spirit, or guide, god or goddess..so yes, they are sacred...or SHOULD be.

If you are using them improperly, it is you and the ones who are seeking your knowledge that will suffer.
But I cant change your opinion, you are already set, so basically, Im just talking in the wind.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

They only need to be consecrated if they are being used as a part of a religious ceremony or ritual. I like to compare Divination with drinking wine. Drinking wine is not a sacred act by itself but it is used in a sacred way in religious rituals. The same goes for divination. Even a non believer can have success with it.

Peace
Trustnobody

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

They only need to be consecrated if they are being used as a part of a religious ceremony or ritual. I like to compare Divination with drinking wine. Drinking wine is not a sacred act by itself but it is used in a sacred way in religious rituals. The same goes for divination. Even a non believer can have success with it.

Peace
Trustnobody

If you so believe, as I said, I cant change your opinion, only give you the facts I know. You have free will to choose. And I see you chose it.

Anytime you use a tool, it is a ritual. Sighs, I give up. Children and their toys.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

No, no! That is a wonderful question. It is a form of divination, which is really seeking to divine answers from the environment around you, and it can extend beyond the physical. To stay on topic though, dowsing rods are one of those few divining tools that seem to produce rather consistent results, but just like all other tools, they are limited by the constrains of their purpose.

Typically sources of water and energy like ley lines. It can't give you a yes or no of a pendulum, but they can point you towards answers, but unless you investigate further they could just rip a patch of skin from your palms and leave you with a curious situation.

Great question!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Speaking of athames, I still have my very first one. It is a rusted paint scraper that I felt moved to pick up at the base of an old tree stump.

Your beliefs and attitudes determine the 'sacredness' of the tools you use. I certainly use it rarely, especially as I don't want to spread rust everywhere when I use it. Yet, it is very sacred to me and I treasure it deeply.

I could easily tie a string to it and use as a pendulum, or throw it to the ground and give myself predetermined answers based on which way it lands, even if it sticks into the ground and then for more detailed answers I interpret how it sticks (if it even does so).

Once again, it is all up to personal interpretation, and that give you infinite opportunities and results. Ten possible results are difficult enough to interpret, much less 50, and infinite (total possible outcomes), is impossible from a singular mental perspective.

Perhaps an entity with a godlike perspective could interpret infinite results more effectively, but it is rather like spinning your wheels when all you need to do is replace a lug nut.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I have 25 years experience in divination, and the occult, however I am still a kid at heart. I do embrace freewill. I think divination is harmless fun for adults and kids. It can also be used in religion etc, I suppose it makes people feel more powerful when they use the arts under the facade of religion.

Peace
trustnobody

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join