It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thoughtful counter discussion to the thread: Answers I received from my pendulum.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM
reply to post by InTrueFiction

Well maybe I find your feelings on this are contributing to a lack of responsibility in posting. This is not to make anyone afraid at all.

Wouldn't saying yes to world war three spread far more panic, than saying that there is the possibility for misinterpretation? She said the pendulum said there is going to be a world war in five years. That can create panic.

Deny Ignorance, don't encourage it.

However, thank you very much for taking a very calm approach to this, and no matter how much I disagree with you, I will defend your right to argue my positions. Period.

My initial post (as well as the others) had nothing to do with panic, and everything to do with accountability. That responsibility first lies with the poster. All I am getting at is the accuracy is suspect, and if even one person takes it seriously, there is a problem. I don't want anyone to panic. That is very much the spirit of what I am posting.

Then my credibility is attacked, for feeling that a little more reserve should be taken. If it were all in fun, then why have I been attacked?

i just have one question for you... since when did no one on ats not create panic and false information on what they believe is happening? every single thread is created with a single person's beliefs, and may or may not be true, but people still discuss it do to the "what ifs" of the topic.

if you are telling me that my post is any different from any other post on here, and gives false information, i strongly encourage you to take a look at the threads on ats and figure out that nothing i said in my post is any different.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by calihan_12]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Using a pendulum or tarot cards or runes, are just tools that people use. Some who have psychic abilities can draw on these tools and give readings. It just enhances their ability. I think. I have never tried using a pendulum, but I wil, just to see what transpires. In any case, I think Calihan was just having a little fun and people semed to be having a great time in her thread. No harm done.

Even the most famous of trusted psychics are not spot on 100% of the time, so you have to take things with a grain of salt. Surely, there will always be those who hang on to every word like a wide eyed child, but if Calihan comes across such a person, it is not her fault if they do.

Group hug?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
i dn't mean to be a dick but i thought the other thread was bs cause all the questions were answered perfectly. mind you i haven't been on that thread in a few days.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
i dn't mean to be a dick but i thought the other thread was bs cause all the questions were answered perfectly. mind you i haven't been on that thread in a few days.

how do you know they were answered perfectly? no one knows the real answers to those questions.

besides, if they were answered perfectly, as you say, then... whats the argument? doesnt sound like bs to me if they were answered correctly.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Would you people just give Calihan a break? Good Lord her thread was fresh and fun, anybody with half a brain can see that and take whatever from it they wish.....

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
When ever you set up a yes or no answer system you basically set the odds at 50%. You might as well flip a coin because it's the same thing. This is like the magic 8 ball folks. It's entertainment. Have fun.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I enjoyed that thread, it was an amusing read in the same way that a Harry Potter book is. : )

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Speaking of counter discussion, aren't counter threads trendy?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

We have different views of the subject and that is all good
but like I said - I'm not convinced that a thread experimenting with a pendulum that ended up promoting an amusing interaction between members of ATS will spread the fear. I'm sure you have noticed that ATS isn't exactly a basket of happy news
and I assure you the news thread scares me a lot more than the pendulum.

Not to mention the predictions forum that basically has been repeatedly saying the world was about to end for decade now. And guess what - no ATS member that I know of lost it upon being told the world was ending the next day... or the day after. So I highly doubt a thread meant for entertainment will do it.

There was another thread today on a different subject but that was similar in the message - a fellow member requesting that certain things would not be posted because people believe them and that bothered them. My answer remains the same. I like ATS with all its threads - give me 1000 threads and I'll choose the 10 that interest me. Just don't choose for me. And I'm sure the vast majority of ATS feels the same.

Everyone comes here looking for something and focuses on what they want. The pendulum didn't barge into anyone's doors. The people that asked about WW3 weren't scared by the pendulum they asked because they were scared by the world news and I really don't think they will go "That's it! Let's build an underground shelter!"

And even if they do build it that is fine too, later on they can turn it into a swimming pool.

So we'll just agree to disagree.

Cheers.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by InTrueFiction]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

reply to post by calihan_12

That is the standard excuse. More than a few people will not just see it as entertainment.

Please don't excuse your shilling answers to life's problems and current social issues with the entertainment clause.
That is not professional, and giving those answers without showing more self responsibility is reckless and dangerous and you are damaging other people's reputations who make a living at it.

When science is taken as entertainment, people can get hurt. People could believe you are an expert, when anyone with a rock and string can do the same. It is not coming off as entertainment.

Shame on you!

That is ridiculous.
What's up with you man?
Can't u see people having fun?
Why all that negativity.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Believe what you want to believe.

This is gearing up for a fight I just don't care about.

My original post was about divination, and not about the rest of this crap that is being flung here.

The thoughtfulness of this thread is bleeding out like a stuck pig, not to attack anyone.

I never thought this thread of the few I post now and again would garner so much attention.

How funny.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

My original post was about divination, and not about the rest of this crap that is being flung here.

The thoughtfulness of this thread is bleeding out like a stuck pig, not to attack anyone.

I never thought this thread of the few I post now and again would garner so much attention.

How funny.

i dont see how your thread was about divination, you randomly called me a b**** before i even posted anything on this thread.

if you are gonna say the reason for your thread, at least be honest about it. dont make up some lame excuse that it was to talk about divination and not about attacking me, because we all know that was the only reason for this thread.

take care.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

If I could give more stars for this post, I would.

I see it the same way you do.

And thanks for the fun. I enjoyed seeing what questions were asked even more than the answers as it gives a "window" into what others feel is important.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

How funny.

I'll check your threads in the future ,i promise

I think you should apologize the lady...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

sorry for not believing that you've stumbled upon the gift of substantiated prophecy that religious scholars and gurus have been looking for for thousands of years.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

sorry for not believing that you've stumbled upon the gift of substantiated prophecy that religious scholars and gurus have been looking for for thousands of years.

never said i had the gift of prophecy. never claimed anyone should 100 percent believe the answers i gave. in the very first post i said "take the answers as you will".

now go and spew this to every other person on ATS who claims to be an alien, or claims to have had a dream about the future. just go and tell everyone they are wrong.. if thats what makes you feel like a good person and makes you feel like a productive member of society.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

frankly as i read this thread you seem so defensive and take any questions pertaining to the method so personally i thought that maybe you believed you'd stumbled onto something.

I do that a lot when i find answers laced with sarcasm.

you're getting mad at me for not believing in something that isn't supposed to be taken seriously, which i find odd.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

frankly as i read this thread you seem so defensive and take any questions pertaining to the method so personally i thought that maybe you believed you'd stumbled onto something.

I do that a lot when i find answers laced with sarcasm.

you're getting mad at me for not believing in something that isn't supposed to be taken seriously, which i find odd.

no, its not because you dont believe the answers.. im actually glad most people dont fully believe the answers because that would just show their vulnerability. it makes me defensive though when someone says things in a way that seems rude to me, in a sarcastic tone. i dont enjoy being attacked by someone. if they want to let me know they disagree in a nice and friendly manner i reciprocate. but if i feel disrespected, i will also reciprocate.

i am not mad at you. i just wish you would have stated things in a different way.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

"i dont mean to be a _____or nothing...." was how i started my first post. I'm sure you know what that means. then i'm put on the defensive, surprisingly.

i perused the other thread earlier today and enjoyed it.
nuff said.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

"i dont mean to be a _____or nothing...." was how i started my first post. I'm sure you know what that means. then i'm put on the defensive, surprisingly.

i perused the other thread earlier today and enjoyed it.
nuff said.

alright, i understand

sorry for any misunderstanding

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join