It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quite intresting TV in the UK tonight.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Really intrigued by whats on the box this evening, not your usual repeats of the same drama/soaps or documentaries but rather something more mundane I suspect.
It started out with War of the Worlds..a feeble attempt by the BBC of desensitising people towards E.T. life by portraying them as hostile and blood-lust creatures. Followed by the news of yet more job woes and deaths across the globe, then back to the movie before turning to another film about what would happen if Prehistoric Man suddenly turned up in Modern Day California.
A attempt at comedy? but I guess the question of this film would be would you be able to cope if you was suddenly introduced to new technology or surroundings, this film may not be too far from the truth as it appears.
Now on ITV comes another movie about a guy who has a choice of being sent to prison or a Mental Institute in order to become another "perfect citizen" again and to accept that his differences are wrong and to become part of the system again. He is taught not to question everything and to accept what he is told, otherwise he ends up in jail.
Makes you think about who really controls our TV and the program schedule out there.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
THey are trying to say that the aliens are evil, and will destroy our global economy, therefore sending us back to the stoneage.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
(A) film about what would happen if Prehistoric Man suddenly turned up in Modern Day California.

Wasn't this film called "Encino Man" starring Pauly Shore, Brendan Frasier and Sean Astin?

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

(A) film about what would happen if Prehistoric Man suddenly turned up in Modern Day California.

Wasn't this film called "Encino Man" starring Pauly Shore, Brendan Frasier and Sean Astin?

I believe this movie was called california man in the UK, and Encino Man in the U.S., I suspect this is because people in the UK wouldn't know where Encino was.

On the topic, I agree that the schedule is a bit odd lately, I have seen a lot of shows stepping up the conditioning. I also noted when I watched Street Kings on Sky HD last week, that near the end when keanu reeves goes up the stairs to the dealers apartment, there is an all seeing eye on the right hand side. There are also 3 or 4 other symbols in this movie.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I did quite enjoy seeing Stargate the other night however. Lots of low-budget mockery to be had at that film, to think they could speak a Alien race's language in 2 days, a Spaceship could be controlled by just a handful of people (half of whom get killed by the end anyway) and that a thermonuclear bomb x100 was actually no bigger than just a firecracker.

I think if any Alien races came from the stars pretending to be Egyptian Gods, we can all sleep peacefully knowing were in safe hands by Kurt Russell.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I think if any Alien races came from the stars pretending to be Egyptian Gods, we can all sleep peacefully knowing were in safe hands by Kurt Russell.

Kurt Russell has been called up before....and it ended in tragedy...

**warning explicit material**

www.southparkstudios.com...

www.southparkstudios.com...

[edit on 25/8/09 by blupblup]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The thing that disgust me about UK TV (besides the typical vomit inducing x-factor, big brother and other crap) is one particular 'fly on the wall' police show.

The reason why it pisses me off - is due to the fact that the Police can do NO wrongs and that anybody out on a saturday night having a drink is almost certainly a criminal.

This is the same show that showed a Police man tackling a man around a corner and the camera man jogged to catch up with them both.

The police man was caught punching the man in the face and the look of suprise when he realises he got caught on camera was total GUILT.

Sadly though, the narrator backed up the police man by saying ''the police man bravely tackles the drunken man to the ground''

THIS IS NOTHING MORE THAN FEAR AND CONTROL.

I hate Tv and refuse to watch 99% of anything on it. The only decent thing on UK tv are the odd comedies and a few documentaries.

edit: I think the TV show was called street wars. It's a load of bollocks basically designed to make the police look like they are looking out for us.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

This is the same show that showed a Police man tackling a man around a corner and the camera man jogged to catch up with them both.

The police man was caught punching the man in the face and the look of suprise when he realises he got caught on camera was total GUILT.

Was it down an alley?

I think i saw that.

Some of them are terrible... they basically harass people who are drunk and wind them up until they do something or just swear... then arrest them??

:shk:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I saw a similar episode where a drunken couple were banged up for the night simply because they were staggering down the street.
Now correct me if im wrong but since when was walking home at night (albeit a little tipsy) an offence?, not causing any damage, nobody being hurt and the couple were in high spirits, yet the police were called an rightly so the woman lashes out at the police for arresting her for not causing any disturbance and there both duly arrested and made out to be criminals.
Another programme on Road Wars one guy was phoning up to reinstate his car insurance and was promptly thrown head first into the dirt and knee'd on the back wih the cuffs on him. The cops excuse? the guy was being unco-operative.
A shame too many people cant see through the corruption shown to us on cop shows like these where the cops are ALRIGHT right

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Not sure if it was down an alleyway or in front of a shop, but either way i saw it and shouted at the tv 'NO way!!!'

and then as i say the commentator defended the copper.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by blupblup

Not sure if it was down an alleyway or in front of a shop, but either way i saw it and shouted at the tv 'NO way!!!'

and then as i say the commentator defended the copper.

Well the police can't ever be in the wrong can they?

If we didn't have the footage from G20....they would have said that Ian Tomlinson (the newspaper seller who they killed) had attacked them and had a knife or something.

They lie to cover their asses, which in their position... is truly frightening.

Not good at all mate...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I saw a similar episode where a drunken couple were banged up for the night simply because they were staggering down the street.
Now correct me if im wrong but since when was walking home at night (albeit a little tipsy) an offence?, not causing any damage, nobody being hurt and the couple were in high spirits, yet the police were called an rightly so the woman lashes out at the police for arresting her for not causing any disturbance and there both duly arrested and made out to be criminals.

I saw that, i remember cursing at my TV. As i remember it they arrested the woman, told her husband to just leave her and go home and then he HAD to find a reason to get himself arrested because he wasnt going to leave her. They should have just let both of them on there way instead of wasting there time trying to look like there doing something.

top topics

join