It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing Music Before you fall Asleep.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I get this so much I've never thought of it as abnormal or strange, and it does help me get to sleep. It's not there all the time, but often enough.

Anyway, my ear music is more akin to the earworm, the same chorus constantly looping. Sometimes it's from music that I cannot stand, like Lady Gaga and other popstars, other times it's industrial, but most times it's more like arabic music that I've never heard before, and I start humming along if I get it during the day. I cannot "hear" this, I just "know" it, sense it. It's there, but not tangible enough to bother about, although the exception was when I had Bad Romance replaying itself for nearly a week.

And when it's completely silent, and the music is starting to fade into nothingness/mushy white noise, I hear random words in distinct voices that are so vivid (I am not asleep when this happens) that I have opened several short stories with the words I have heard.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I don't hear any music or anything before I go to sleep. I have tinnitus and it sucks. :/
edit on 14-7-2011 by Aktulu because: Spell check

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
i don,t hear music as i am falling asleep , but quite often i will have a tune or song in my head during the day and when i switch on the radio that same tune or song is playing.
maybe our brains can tune into the radio waves when the conditions are right .

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aktulu

I too have tinnitus and I've taken to thinking of it as ear music. I live in a fairly noisy area and use ear plugs to drown out the external noises and as much as the tinnitus sucks I'm accustomed to hearing it at night.

As for the music, its strange. I *think* I have heard it whilst trying to get to sleep, like a loop of music maybe something I was listening to that day or something totally unknown to me. Its more of a feeling that Ive heard it rather than knowing it. I definitely wake up with music playing though, many a time its a damned annoying song that is stuck with you for the rest of the day.

But I do get the loud thud that brings me back to waking. Sometimes its pretty frightening as it seems so loud, at times I think something heavy has fallen over in the house and realise that its in my head lol.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Motumz

Thanks for the input. This happens at our house almost daily and has followed us during two moves over four years. (one hundred miles) The sounds or music is very sporadic and only for short periods of time. Although bedtime seems to be a fairly consistant time.

The music is very location sensitive, in our case. If I move the chair I'm sitting in a few feet, for example, it goes away. Or if we simply roll over in bed it diminishes or leaves.

One of the most interesting aspects is that I can interact with it. If a song is sounding and I start humming or singing along, I can change the lyrics and it changes or adapts to my lyric changes. It goes back to the real lyrics when I stop, however. Therefore, it cannot be purely physical sound waves we are hearing.

Could it all be on a spiritual wave length?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I sometimes hear something like a trumpet sound or a musical instrument like it is some type of joke it sounds like a child playing games, that is what I can relate it to, it can be quite amusing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join