It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing Music Before you fall Asleep.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Im always hearing *sounds* i can't describe them as voices or music...just sounds that i can't describe in any word i know.Then again im on medication and a side effect is auditory hallucinations so...are you? either way it sometimes scares the crap out of me.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Are you talking about Earworms? I have the damn things all the time. Sometimes even in my sleep.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The time as you're falling asleep, or as you're awakening, can be filled with vivid sounds and images. It's something like lucid dreaming, something like hallucinating, often very real-seeming and noticeable. As you go into sleep, that time is called the hypnagogic state. As you're awakening, it's called the hypnopompic. There are all sorts of interesting things that can happen during those times, including things like music, voices, and various illusions.

One common experience is the dream of falling that ends in a violent jerk, as you're trying to fall asleep. That's called the myoclonic jerk.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This was one thread that I had skipped when checking out something new to go to.... But this morning my five year old grand daughter told me she heard "pretty music" before she went to sleep last nite!! She was sleeping with me and I did not hear anything!!!! I was on ATS last nite and there was NO MUSIC playing. She ask me what was that music she heard. I told her.."I don't know ,baby, I did not hear it." She said, "I did !! it was pretty!! You did not "heard" it?
So I came here to tell all of you that have heard the music.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by moonwize

To be honest I used to hear it more as a child, but have had a few wierd sounds like a trumpet or a snapping sound like the breaking of the sound barriar type sound. It must happen often for me to remember.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
I was wondering how many of you hear Music or the odd note from a trumpet or some quick gingles as you fall asleep? It makes me laugh sometimes, its really not the type of music I am into but it can be quite fun and soothing before you fall asleep. It's like someone opens the door and shuts the music out when they come in, sometimes its next to my ear but its not scarey, I quite like it.

Well, that only happened to me once. But it was when I was about to wake up. I can't remember what it sounded like. But it was just beautiful, like church bells. Before I knew I'd forget it, I memorized the tune.

It's lost now, but it made me feel happy. ^_^

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have heard and dreamt original music many times along with lyrics. Any number of styles are possible. I've clicked some into the computer and expanded upon it later. It really hasn't happened for quite some time though.

I've heard the radio station thing others have mentioned where it sounds like a radio broadcast you can't quite make out. It will switch between a D.J. and music segments rapidly. Other times it just sounds like a party down the hall. Benadryl used to make it happen but meditation or just concentrating deliberately can do it as well.

Another weird thing many years ago was hearing a male voice droning a A (5th string on guitar) without a breath. It started spontaneously during meditation. It went on for quite some time following me everywhere even when awake. It wasn't loud and the ambient noise had to be low so I just ignored it and it faded away eventually.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
I sleep with a fan blowing on high...however, I often hear a loud bang or thud a lot of times as I am drifting off....no music though!

Aye, I hear this bang/thud noise when drifting off sometimes as well.. Very interesting thread, really enjoying it.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
There is actually a name for what you describe. It's called Musical Ear
Syndrome (MES).

I hear anthing from Jazz, classical, big band and orchestra music as I try to get to sleep.

It may have something to do with tinnitus or hearing loss. Many older people experience this phenomenon as they age.

www.hearinglosshelp.com...

Your not crazy. Best to get your ears checked.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
There is actually a name for what you describe. It's called Musical Ear
Syndrome (MES).

There's a name for everything these day eh? Why a syndrome? Why not "Creative Brain"?

I could say:
#4- Tinnitus to some extend but it's controllable. Most likely temportal lobe related.

#5- Anxious, Stressed, Depressed would apply to some extent perhaps but it actually more prevalent when I'm in a better mood or meditating.

It's strange how meditating and spirtual work makes all these hallucinatory "disorders" and "syndromes" surface when in fact they are inspiring if you can capture them into a tangle format.

And sure, get a hearing check. Always good to know if everything's in order. Of couse tests only run to 8kHz because that's what is necessary for speech comprehension but not sufficient for maximum experience of anything aesthetic like music or just enjoying sound in general.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by guardstarr
Sometimes when I am half asleep/half awake or just wake up I hear faint electronic beeps or barley audible voices that sound sped up.....It's pretty wierd....

I actually have the exact same thing, but it's constant...It's called tenitus or something like that...it sucks, and there's no cure. I guess 10 years of punk rock didnt help...but yes I'm serious

EDIT: Did not see the post above me when I posted this

[edit on 25-8-2009 by PeterGriffin]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Sometimes the music is really creative, tunes I never heard before occur and its random, so for me to make music up with an intelligent melody in the space of a few seconds means I have to be either really smart or something else goes on that I do not know. If the mind can produce music or solve problems in your sleep it’s a shame we cannot remember the solution or be able to express it, in terms of the music, I can't write music and in terms of remembering it clearly it’s almost impossible.

i know what you mean and i canhear the music fromtime to time.
My personal conclusionis that the(my) brain can recal or make this up completely in realtime lets say.
Songs that i know can come by when i fall a sleep whit every detail in it, bass, drumms, vocals etc.
At rare occasions by brain seems to make up complete classical symphonies right out of nothingness.
I allways joke to myselfs that if i could record this somehow i would be publishing some.

So i figure i can not be the only one, and here you go,there are more

Thanks for the OP.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I bet people remember the falling down in your sleep and all of a sudden waking up part, especially when really tired. Or the electric shock type thing that wakes you up, more common I think. I just think we all go through some strange sleep process, but the hardest part is to remember it and although people might not recall it does not mean it never happens to them, I don't believe people don't dream we all do, but I do believe we all forget unless its vivid or troubling.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is a post I did on this subject in this thread as I too had heard music and voices. www.abovetopsecret.com...

This link talks about how as we AP we actually pick up radio waves.

Radio Waves

When I first heard music and voices while astral projecting, and within cord range activity (0-10 feet of my body) I thought I was perhaps reaching into the higher planes of the astral. I was wrong. What I was detecting was radio waves. I realized this when I recognized music that was played on local radio stations. The music I first heard was classical which is why I thought it might be higher planes, but when I heard pop songs, advertisements, and DJ's talking, I knew this was just regular radio frequencies. I even heard the time and was able to wake myself up and confirm that it was accurate. Once again, this points back to my topic on the "Filter Factor". So much is screened from our awareness while in the body. I have read, and have been recently told that "it's all about vibrations" and I'm thinking that is very true. Sounds, light, density, is all based on vibrations.

www.astralvoyage.com...

Well I had no idea we were able to pick up radio waves within the atmosphere. Just shows you how much interference there is floating around out there. Funny how he mentions classical music, I too heard this once and also thought it was the higher realms. However it was early on a Sunday morning and I guess I was picking up religious radio station waves maybe? This is odd because it makes us sound like aerials.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Funny you should bring this up. A few weeks ago I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep but was having trouble drifting off, suddenly I realized why. I was hearing a faint sound of music that slowly became louder and louder. I got up thinking it was coming from out side but when I went to the window to listen the sound was gone. My wife asked me “what the hell are you doing with your head out the window in the middle of night”? I told her I hear music. Do you? She sat up and listed for a moment or two and said no, go back to sleep.
Feeling puzzled from what I swore was music from right out side my window I reluctantly went back to bed. No sooner than my head hit the pillow the music started again. I said to my wife do you hear that? Again she listens for a moment and replied no…. and stop waking me up.
Now I’m not one to let something go that I can’t explain, so I got out of bed again and walked around the house, went out side and checked the cars to se if I left the radio on etc. but there was no music to be found. I live in very rural area and all I could here where the crickets in the back ground of the night.
After an hour of clandestine night time maneuvers looking for a phantom rock band hiding in my house and feeling like a complete idiot I went back to bed, laid down and yep you guessed it the music started again, but this time I just rocked on with it and fell asleep.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
lol i feel like getting kicked in the butt but it doesnt hurt when i fall asleep :p

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I hear and "see" music before for I slip into sleep. I'm just about always hearing music play through my head but it's not a disease I think. When I see music I get feeling of inner peace. You know like that guy from American Beauty after he was shot and he lets the happiness flow through him. It's amazing I'm Christian but I can only describe it as Nirvana.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Twice I have heard what sounds like a large Choir singing. Usually it only lasts a few seconds, but it is very distinctive the times I have heard it.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Great posting thread.

Over the last five years my wife and I have had similar "strange music" experiences. When they first started I had the usual, "Am I going crazy?" thoughts.

Believing I'm relatively sane, I decided to do some experimenting and research or fact gathering. I'd like to share some thoughts and discoveries.

We hear the songs at about the same time each day. Do you?
The songs we hear are mostly familiar. Are yours?
We are sitting or lying in the same places when we hear them. How about you?
I've learned I can change the channel to a desired song. Can you?
I discovered that through a particular prayer I can make it go away for a time or the night. Have you experienced that?

I have some ideas as to the nature of this power that I'll share with everyone. But first please let me know your experiences to the above.

God Bless,
Boldly

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boldly
reply to post by The time lord

Great posting thread.

Over the last five years my wife and I have had similar "strange music" experiences. When they first started I had the usual, "Am I going crazy?" thoughts.

Believing I'm relatively sane, I decided to do some experimenting and research or fact gathering. I'd like to share some thoughts and discoveries.

We hear the songs at about the same time each day. Do you?
The songs we hear are mostly familiar. Are yours?
We are sitting or lying in the same places when we hear them. How about you?
I've learned I can change the channel to a desired song. Can you?
I discovered that through a particular prayer I can make it go away for a time or the night. Have you experienced that?

I have some ideas as to the nature of this power that I'll share with everyone. But first please let me know your experiences to the above.

God Bless,
Boldly

We hear the songs at about the same time each day. Do you? --- YES! Except it is always at night at the same time.

The songs we hear are mostly familiar. Are yours? --- Absolutely. Only on a few occasions did I not recognize the song.

We are sitting or lying in the same places when we hear them. How about you? --- Always.

I've learned I can change the channel to a desired song. Can you? -- Never tried, but I will definitely try next time I hear the music.

I discovered that through a particular prayer I can make it go away for a time or the night. Have you experienced that? --- Also never tried, will try next time.

Please share your ideas, I would LOVE to hear them, as I don't really have any explanation or idea other than that it is possibly a before-sleep induced phenomena (a form of sleep paralysis, or hypnogagia). But I don't know, so please, enlighten me!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join