It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hearing Music Before you fall Asleep.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I was wondering how many of you hear Music or the odd note from a trumpet or some quick gingles as you fall asleep? It makes me laugh sometimes, its really not the type of music I am into but it can be quite fun and soothing before you fall asleep. It's like someone opens the door and shuts the music out when they come in, sometimes its next to my ear but its not scarey, I quite like it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

I don't hear music in a supernatual way like you do but I always hear music either from my personal cd's or from the computer files. I do watch the colors from the music untill I fall asleep. Interesting post Time Lord.
Respectfully, Magantice

BE AS ONE

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I only have Music going through my Head only when I wake up Lol.
Its mainly Black Sabbath songs I may have been listening to the day before.
Gets annoying especially when you try to take a dump first thing in the morning and you have Ozzy singing Ironman in your head Roflmao

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Sometimes when I am half asleep/half awake or just wake up I hear faint electronic beeps or barley audible voices that sound sped up.....It's pretty wierd....

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I do/did...

In fact when I was a kid I would create my own symphonic music before bed.

Now I am a very active musician and am constantly occupied by head music on purpose or not.

However sometimes when I am overly tired or have a huge day ahead the music will
keep going ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL night, literally from when I try to go to sleep until
its time to "get up"... This experience is not nice or fun in the slightest.

OP might want to see is there is any music in there waiting to get out, no?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Funny you should say that! I have had the Angelicly beautiful trumpet sound, but I haven't heard the Jingles. Do you get it often?

S&F

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Yeah, but even more when i wake up, usually hip hop, and usually it's a line or verse with some meaning or message.

I rap, and i've had dreams about freestyling lyrics, woke up, and found myself actually rapping in my sleep. My friend used to come over while i was still asleep, put a beat on, i'd hear it, and wake up flowing bout whatever was on my head.

Now that i think about it, i usually hear hip hop when i wake up, but other various types when i fall asleep, and more along the lines of punk rock or something similar, but also it could be anything, i've woke to internal disco, techno, metal, classical, drum circle, and even little pieces of the commercial garbage being blared everywhere.

Oh yeah and thanks for sharing your ironman pooping experience, i'm going to be sitting on the can every morning for the next week singing "iron-can" parodies!

"I - AM - IRON CAN, DISPOSING-OF-POO AS BEST AS I CAN!"

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I often think I hear what I can only describe as classical music. its very faint and I used to think it was a result of the white noise made by fans or the ac or heat.

but there is a whole thread on here somewhere about voices right before you fall asleep. it was really cool.

what I find weird is that I dont listen to classical and the only cd's I have with it on them are soundtracks. I figure if my mind were "playing" music it'd be something I listen to regularly like The Fall or P.I.L.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
sometimes the music seems ilke it's more real than reality and sometimes it's more faint. i've always listened to something before sleeping since i was like 8 so maybe it's my brain's way of walking the beaten path dunno.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I usually sleep with a fan on so that it isn't silent (I have a hard time falling a sleep with silence). When I hear a fan on in general (e.g. white noise type sound) I hear music sometimes voices within the sound scape of the fan. Never hear anything like that elsewhere. I've read this is common when one gets "tuned in", e.g. listening to EVP's, etc...

delius

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I do, as I'm falling asleep, it'll sound real but at the same time sound the way I imagine schizophrenics would hear music that isn't there. I'm not sure what it comes from but I have a feeling it's from the change in consciousness from alertness to sleep, which is a highly creative mental state.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I sleep with a fan blowing on high...however, I often hear a loud bang or thud a lot of times as I am drifting off....no music though!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

What I hear isn't from a higher state of consciousness--I can just be in the bathroom with the fan on and hear the same thing...

Higher state of consciousness is another thing...I can't fall asleep on my back because I almost always feel the vibrations and attempt to drift into an OOB. I've only been brave enough 2 attempt to "let myself go". It scares me to death. I'd rather learn how to do it through mediation than in a dark bedroom without a lot of control.

delius

[edit on 21-8-2009 by delius]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I hear voices.....
they say thing like..........

Did you turn off the coffee pot? Are both dogs in?
Sleep well my love.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Hallucinations are very common between being alseep and awake. I usually hear a ton of voices talking about all kinds of things when I'm trying to sleep and when I'm waking up I hear music, but it's almost always just one verse of one song; which can be kind of annoying because it's either lamb of god, the smiths or something weird from the 80s and I'm conscious enough to know the lyrics are bizarrely wrong but I can't stop hearing them until I'm actually awake.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Funshinez]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Never heard music that I recall. Im a Musician however so I do have drum beats and chords in my head that ive thought of myself, but nothing that comes from a outside influence and has made me thought "wheres that coming from?"
However I do occasionally hear voices, not talking to ME as such but like im put in a pub with strangers and im sat there listening in to their conversations. I cant hear exactly what they say as it souds like words, but its mixed up and almost like static..like talking in riddles with 100 conversations all going at once.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I find weirdness in things like when I hear a certain song or type of music I put on TO FALL ASLEEP it takes me somewhere based on what I'm listening.

Many believe that music is a sort of - vibrative - state of mind. The higher the vibration the better the person, personality and quality of life or at least the outlook of it.

If you put on stuff like Skinny Puppy of I don't know some seriously death rocker punk music talking about hell and killing, clearly your dreams are not going to be peachy, you will also be a somwhat grumpy person.
I wouldn't play anything but lovely classical and new age music to a child, for example. To make them grow up in the higher sense of attitude.

I could put on any music I want and it wouldn't change the fact that I unfortunately have not slept in years. I nap, 2-3 hrs max, but since I practice OBE I'm incredibly energized. As strange as it may sound, I'm used to it by now.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
O crap thats the same thing that happens to me. Its like before you enter the dreamworld, small people jumped in your ear and started playing music
its weird. And if you hurry up and wake up it stops really quick. And Your thinking to yourself like "did i just dream for 15 seconds" or what.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Sometimes the music is really creative, tunes I never heard before occur and its random, so for me to make music up with an intelligent melody in the space of a few seconds means I have to be either really smart or something else goes on that I do not know. If the mind can produce music or solve problems in your sleep it’s a shame we cannot remember the solution or be able to express it, in terms of the music, I can't write music and in terms of remembering it clearly it’s almost impossible.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hi all ..

When i go to bed i always seem to have a song going round my head from the days radio listening etc . . but i also hear noises such as music, singing and people talking which seems to be coming from the AC unit . .i know this sounds strange and i remember there was a thread sometime back about noises and AC fans .. its weird and i'm sure there's an explanation for it .. but its cool (no pun intended) and scary sometimes ..

Regards

Satellite1

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join