It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to pay for the Healthcare bill. (No taxes)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hey, I have the best way to pay for Obama's healthcare reform with out taxes. Hear me out with this, your government pays about 25 grand a second, aproximately, on the millitary, currently. and athat added up will mean about $788 400 000 000.00/ year.

So my idea is that, because you are burning off tones of money on the millitary, why not use it to help your people out? You could take about half of the money you already use and still have a great army and defence. You would be able to do it. And you would not need to tax the citizens any more, in fact, your taxes should go down, or even stay the same.

I'd like your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Tell me what exactly you will cut and I will entertain the thought. Otherwise I tend to feel uneasy about taking funding away from defense.

That is, take a look at the military budget. If you haven't yet, then you haven't read enough into this before presenting an opinion. I hope you have though.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

Yeah I have, all you have to do is just pull out of Iraq, Iran, Pakistan and Afganistan. That is the biggest drain on your budget. That and the war on terror (which is a big farce, if you ask me), if there were WMD's they would have been found by now.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29

There was not even one budget figure in your post.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ok I'll give you that, I didn't post a budget figure. Obama wants to spend about 634 billion on this bill per year, so by taking that amount out of the millitary, you could save more lives and insure more people.

Here's how I'd cut the budget. I was close to my estimate on 700 billion.
For the 2009 fiscal year, the base budget rose to $515.4 billion. Adding emergency discretionary spending and supplemental spending brings the sum to $651.2 billion. And as of 2009, the United States government is spending about $1 trillion annually on defense-related purposes. So if you could cut 317 billion, acrossed the board, out of each of the defence and millitary fund, you could still fund your millitaries in battle and at home, and still keep one of the world's best defence systems.

But I'm just spit-balling and idea here, so don't critisize me, please.

And remember this quote, "If you can find money to kill people, you can find money to help people."

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
You could pay for every uninsured person to become insured by just stopping 1/4 of the piggie bills that congress passes each year, We don't need a new health care system for that. We need REFORM.

To start with, you round up current and former heads of the FDA & the Pharmaceutical companies. You charge them with RICO, murder, conspiracy to commit (many SIDS cases have been found to have occured within 3 days of a vacine, also the mercury in the vacines has caused mental & physical health problems to children). You put them up against the wall and tell them whoever confesses just goes to jail for life instead of getting shot.

That will let the other groups that comprise the health care industry sit up & take notice and start cleaning up their act.

The problem is that the bill keeps the people in charge - in charge and just adds more people at the top share in the bribes.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Or maybe even, you know, fight just ONE war at a time.

That would still cut our budget down a ton.

But of course it will never happen.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
You are right we are spending to much on our Defense but the ones getting paid also control who is getting elected so it is a vicious circle. Most Americans go home drink beer watch FOX news and think they are part of a team.

Course those they are watching are making millions while they get enough to buy beer and pay the rent. Basically we are all pretty stupid and vote with that mind.

What we really need to do is prioritize what we are going to spend our money on. Our Congress wants it all but we cannot afford it but they keep spending anyway to get re-elected.

They just need to prioritize then cut what is not essential which is probably 2/3 of it. We need term limits and or possibly a branch of Government that gets to vote but for life so it lessons the potential of them being bought and paid for.

Our system has turned to garbage. It was a good idea probably the best in history but it has reached its end as a useful means to run a government in a world with so many ways to get brainwashed.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Or maybe even, you know, fight just ONE war at a time.

That would still cut our budget down a ton.

But of course it will never happen.

Yeah, Amerika is like the big bully on the playground and the Middle Eastern countries are the nerds. 'Nuff said.

new topics

top topics

join