It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't kow what to believe anymore, anybody else?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I could spend a lifetime reading, researching, watching and analysing every conspiracy out there,

I can find arguments for and against. Every single event, idea and occurance in history it is possible to be swayed either way by videos, websites, articles and just my own brain.

I'm getting to the point where my head actually hurts. I've had a break, that isn't the problem.

The problem is that I really do not know what to believe in anymore.

Current events like Swine Flu haven't helped, I have no idea what to think about his any more.

Does anyone else out there have this problem?

Is it just me?

NWO, Illuminati, UFOs. Paranormal, Martial Law, 911 Truth, Swine Flu, Moon Landings.... the list goes on and on.

What to believe, every time I think I've made up my mind, I read or see some other evidence that makes me doubt.

What to believe? Who to believe? What is credible, is anything credible, are we all just paranoid?

I need some advice, please.

Kiwifoot

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

No, Kiwi. It's not just you. I'll get on that boat with you. There was an interesting thread a few days ago about what the truth really is and when 'the facts' start to be a big problem.

It's hard to accept anything as truth, when as you point out, 'evidence' can generally be found for both sides of any argument. It's especially problematic when dealing with issues based almost completely on conjecture or perception, as is the case with a great number of the topics here.

Example. I was researching 'evil' today. Vlad the Impaler was considered by many to be extremely evil, but many from his country thought he was the greatest thing since colored gruel.

For religious people, discernment is one of the promised benefits of a righteous life. It is usually attributed to the indwelling of a powerful, positive spirit. For me, religion is one of the things that I need discernment AGAINST, so it's not likely to help me.

I rely on gut checks. If I hear something and it makes sense and I feel alright about believing it, I'll likely assimilate it into the soup that makes up my beliefs. This does, of course lead to a little bias and occasional close-mindedness, but I think it's better than drinking whatever kool-aid gets presented.

Great thread. Much appreciation for you.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I also don't know what to believe. So how do I deal with the excess of information? I believe in nothing and I believe in everything at the same time.

Let me try to explain this better. For me beliefs are nothing more then tools to achieve results. I believe in something to try to get somewhere. If I can't get where I wanted to get with that belief I change beliefs and try again. I will only believe in something if I sense that that belief can take me where I want to go. I allow myself to make errors, that way I don't get stuck in only one belief.

Now, referring to conspiracy theories I like to understand them as videogames. They are just distractions for the mind, nothing more. If you want safety you need to give up of safety. I know it seems paradoxical and indeed it is. Because safety doesn't even exist since there is nothing that can harm you. There is nothing to be protected from. If you think something can harm you, you should reevaluate your idea about yourself. What is you that you think can be harmed? Is that really you? Or is it just part of you and like any other part is impermanent, always coming and going, only there to make us realize that we are much more and can always be much more until the point that we are finally nothing at all?

Feel free to keep expounding your sentiments and doubts.
I'll be glad to help.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

he was the greatest thing since colored gruel.

Thankyou mate, as usual you crack me up and give me a boost!

You have to write this stuff down!

I know what you mean about the gut feeling though.

There is just so much info out there, you could make any theory stick more or less.

Thanks again mate!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Feel the same way.

Some info is thought provoking while most is quite vague.

Anyway it's Fri. nite, enjoy a good meal, knock back a few, enjoy the threads.

Above all turn off the TV.

If that does'nt work turn off all visuals and lose yourself in good music.

Trust me it will still be here when you log on tommorrow

PEACE

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

I see your point. But some of the conpiracies here, if proved to be true, will directly affect me, my family, freinds and loved ones. They can't all be right, but some of them surely are.

Going through the myriad of material to discern the likely from the unlikely, is almost an impossible task.

Imagine giving up on a conspiracy that actually turns out to be true.

When does a hobby cross the line into actually being something that may save your life, or increase your standard of living?

How can you tell?

[edit on 21-8-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Here is what I believe. I hope it helps.

These conspiracies of everything make fine stories. Great sci fi stuff for sure on a lot of them.

Until one comes to pass with the veracity of its prediction, one can only live life one day at a time.

If that one day is spent panicking over tomorrow, your brain and heart could explode tonite, eliminating ANY tomorrow for you.

And then...You forgot to live today.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Would anything really change if you had proof that a conspiracy was true?
I would guess that if anything did indeed change it would change for the worse.
You would get truly obsessed and paranoid. All your loved ones would start to isolate you from their lives. You know how our loved ones can't really handle truth - yet. You would feel more alone then ever. And you would be ultimately forced into giving up of the undeniable truth or giving up of your loved ones.
I'm sure thats not what you want.

Everything is right for each person that shares their experiences as being true. Rightness and wrongness are totally subjective. The world is your perspective of it. There is something independent of our perspectives, yes. But that is not conspiracy anymore, that's philosophy - more specifically metaphysics.

Why do you feel that there are indeed conspiracies that are true to begin with? Do you feel that your life is not as good as it could be? Are you being manipulated to be fearful by the constant bombarding of propaganda? The secret to increase the standard of living starts by the willingness of having anything happen - including your own death. After that you need to keep your focus on the now, on the present moment. Wherever you are is the perfect place to be. Remember that by paying attention to your breathing or to your senses.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I agree, sometimes I feel so inundated with information. I mean it started out innocently as research into one thing and kind of ballooned. I personally believe that all information you obtain comes to you for a reason. Not that I believe every piece of information that I come across, but I have an awareness of it. I think that is the best weapon in our arsenal against anything. So I try to stay aware while also staying grounded which is a challenge sometimes but again I have some sort of changed awareness, so if something does go wacky I wont be completely caught off guard.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I know what to believe. In fact, it's very simple. I believe what I see to be true, what I experience as true. That is a tiny, insignificant fragment of what is out there. That means that I wind up believing almost nothing at all, since there is no way for me to experience most of reality. I cannot perform all the experiments. I cannot go visit all the sites. I can only claim to know what I personally experience, and even then I may not see or hear clearly; I may be misled, confused, or otherwise wrong. But that's all I'm willing to believe - what I've experienced.

True, I accept things without arguing about them. I don't have personal knowledge that we landed on the moon, for example. It could have been a fake. I know I wasn't the one who set foot there. But I accept that we landed there, without actually believing it. I suppose I'd say that in these cases, I don't question the idea, though I don't believe, either. It's not particularly important to me either way, and if I find some evidence that makes me doubt, it won't shock me.

It may seem self-defeating to keep away from belief like this, to refuse to believe most things. I mean, if I don't believe in something, then... well, what? I don't know if it was Carl Sagan who said it, but there is a saying that goes something like, "It's better to be uncertain, than to be certain and wrong".

I can live with uncertainty. It's a part of life. It leaves me open to learning, since I don't have that certainty that keeps me from considering a new viewpoint.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Don't believe anything.

Nothing, not even your own conscious thoughts.

Know that arguing about a conspiracy benefits the perpetrators of such things, as now the argument itself usually is the distraction, bogged down with speculation and arguments over pointless points.

And for those who say that this is a "hobby", well what the hell kind of hobby is it if that's how you look at it? I'm here because i'm pissed off, as a kid i was oppressed by government, beat by cops put under surveillance, and basically was at war with these crooked devils who run things. I was threatened, harassed, persecuted, denied education, and had my blood spilled on the concrete at the hands of the government. I was locked up, told i was insane, then told i wasn't so i could stand trial in the injustice system for "acts of terrorism" that i didn't commit. All that was before i even turned 16, and only happened because i questioned the system and fought for justice.

I've been beaten and robbed at gunpoint by cops more times than by "criminals", once having been jumped by the gang in blue in my front yard in front of my mom when i was 14, all because i had a black shirt on and that made me a "match" for someone else.

So it really don't matter what you believe, because there's only injustice in the world and nobody does anything about it. I never had a chance at a life that didn't involve being at war with the perpetrators of such injustice. For me, being a kid meant trying not to get killed by crooked cops in a broken, crooked, toxic, hopeless world. From what i've seen all my life i can only accept this world as punishment or hell.

I've once in my life had a relationship along the lines of love, but it was more pain than anything else because i can't bring myself to ignore the fact that whatever i build, it's only for the crooks and liars to tear down piece by piece while i pretend everything is okay, because it's not, it's far from it. If i could give my life to make this a world where that's not reality, i'd do it this second, but even that won't matter and i'd just be another body in the pile and a problem solved for these bastards.

At every step along the path of life i've encountered government opposition, since i was about 6 years old and was taken out of classes and tested by the government, they came to the school and set up a dedicated room and ran a week's worth of tests on me, psychological, iq tests, grade placement and college entrance type exams.

The only thing i have to believe in anymore is myself, anything more is belief in an illusion.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I totally agree.

I feel like I don't know anything at all.
Then I just laugh.
This all seems so pointless.

What the BLEEP do I know??

I think the answer your looking for lies within you.
Looking outward for answers never really helps.
People love to say "If I do this....then I'll be happy."

But, NOOO! Stop looking out there for answers....look within.

We have choices on this Earth. So many choices.
You can invest your time continually looking out and playing games.
You can do lots of things.

So far I keep coming back to the conclusion that reality is an illusion, happiness is here, perfection doesn't exist, there are 'powerful' forces working out there to do 'bad' things, there's more questions than answers, we are not alone and we must look within.

I like how we end up going around in circles. If someone wasn't going to start a thread like this...I probably was.

We must remind ourselves, with a hint of humor, that we know very little.

I really don't know anymore.
Religion? Food? Money? Government? Products? Aliens/Reptiles? End of the world? Right? Wrong? Good? Bad? Truth?

This list goes on....and I just don't know!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yes, don't believe anything.

But keep an open mind.

Take everything on its merit, be scrupulous.

Don't believe the truth.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Maybe the "truth" is what happens to you personally. Most of us are hear to learn and protect ourselves by the knowledge we gain but in reality no matter how much we learn much like you said there will always be something more we missed.
So if you're concerned about learning the truth to prevent something bad you may be out of luck until it actually happens to you and you're forced to learn the truth.
The best thing to do is fact check things and back up your check points with even more until you feel comfortable with what you think you have learned, though it may be false in the end. But at least you tried

Don't feel bad though. Even though it takes a lot of mental work to learn all the things and get past the smoke and mirrors and in the end the intel still may be wrong, at least you are way better off than the regular Joe who finds ignorance to be bliss when shtf.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It's confusing for all of us. But one thing. The swine flu is no more dangerous than the "normal/regular flu". The whole thing was blown out of proportion, and they even want(ed) to vaccinate for it.. There is something wrong going on there, that's for sure. This can already shed some light on the NWO for example.. But for details, I think I'm in the same position as you.

Another thing that's fascinating is Nazca. The Nazca lines can always be said to have been made by humans blah blah. But, there's a mountain there, that looks like an airport. And that mountain is literally flat. It's like the top has been chopped off, to make an airport. All the other mountains have a normal top. It was simply cut off, and the top is nowhere to be found. In any case, there are two options. Ancient humans weren't primitive and they did it, or aliens did it. Take your pick.

About the paranormal, there's no such thing. We are simply poorly developed on a spiritual level. We've been thinking in a material way for way too long. Paranormal is any natural thing that cannot be explained by materialistic/mechanical science. That's all it is.

The main thing you need to do, is think for yourself. There's no problem in searching for information. You simply need to keep searching.. There's always new info out there, and you can connect the dots by logic, of what's possible and what's not. And don't be afraid to be wrong. You can be, everyone can be, but you can only do so much with the information you have. And just see where it goes on from there..

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
in the late 1800's a secret illuminati planning document was siezed by the russian secret police. its name is "the protocols of the learned elders of zion." it has predicted basically every single trend of the past century. it is a MUST READ for anyone seeking truth. the illuminati have been trying endlessly to discredit the work as a "forgery", but read it for yourself, it has predicted all of the trends of the last century and has all basics for the illuminati plan to bring a one world dictatorship under the "king"(antichrist).

IT IS A MUST READ!!!!!!!
IT IS A MUST READ!!!!!!!
IT IS A MUST READ!!!!!!!
IT IS A MUST READ!!!!!!!
IT IS A MUST READ!!!!!!!
IT IS A MUST READ!!!!!!!

here it is free (start at "protocol 1"):
www.geocities.com...

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Spiritfilled]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I don't believe much of anything I'm told. I look at the logic behind it, and if I can't see any logical faults with something, I put it in the category of "possible".

IE: If someone tells me they seen an ant eat it's own head, I'll say that doesn't hold up logically. If someone tells me they seen 1 ant eat another, then I'd say it's "possible".

Instead, I try to look for if the actions are right or wrong, good or bad. When you start doing that, rather than looking for what to believe, you really start to see whats what IMO.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Seems to me that you have the right approach to conspiracy theories! You're willing to minutely study evidence and change your mind if you find the evidence compelling. There's far too many people here on ATS who have made their minds up and refuse to even listen to others views or arguments. You've dodged that bullet. You're not entrenched in any belief system and have an open mind. . . Wish I could say the same!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I'm with ya buddy. Don't feel bad.

Look at it this way. When the world is ours, we will have the liberty to make our own history and our own culture. But for now, we will remain confused and unknowing.

Our they'll invent a time machine.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I was in this state a few months ago until I ran into hidden hand thread.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join