It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO seen over Austin on August 20, 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well lets see if anyone can help me figure this out. It was taken down earlier in introduction forum.

I filmed this around 2350hrs central time in Austin Texas off my balcony. I went for a cigarette and decided to take a picture of my balcony view. I notice a bright object in the sky on the right side, and took some more pictures thinking it's a star. The object got brighter and started hovering more to the left above the construction site for the condos.

I can see aircrafts and helicopters in the background and this object was way to big and to bright to be any aircraft. I flagged down a guy walking his dog, you can hear us talking in the video, and then try to take a video of the time stamp from the news. (I remember reading somewhere where analysts were able to conclude a specific timeframe for a UFO video because of the news in the background.)

Raw Video
Raw NEF pictures

Submitted to Mufon, called them, and asked if anyone else reported a sighting and the guy over the phone told me there were over 9 sightings reported from different locations in the same county.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I don't live too far away, so ill check it out later (the files are too large to download where I currently am). Maybe you could attach a lower quality version also so it is easier for users to download.

Welcome to ATS!
-E-

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yes, tho I have broadband it says it will take 31 minutes to download the 133mb.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
DON'T BOTHER!!!

MODS!!!

Please review a thread from earlier today that this guy tried making that was deleted.

This guy is a hoaxer and tried to have mods move his first post from introductions to the Aliens/UFO forum.

This is the exact reason we now have a post limit, so these hoaxers can't sign up and ruin our boards! Now he got to exactly 20 posts within a day, and posts it here on the main boards.

He is here only to try and get people to believe that an obvious plane/helicopter is landing at the airport he lives next to which is why there is so much low altitude air traffic, then he films his TV screen for a while reasons unknown, lets it land, then goes back to the window and goes "OH NO IT'S GONE!".

(logest run-on sentence ever!)

BAN THIS GUY, HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO LET HIM TRY THIS?!?!!!!!!

JOHN,

Why are you no longer posting your youtube video? Maybe because it has low rating and people laughing at your pathetic attempt at a UFO hoax?

And if you even listen in the background when he asks someone else, they even say it's not a UFO, but a helicopter!

Please provide a link to Mufon's 9 sightings in the same area lastnight, I can't seem to find it?

[edit on 21-8-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I posted the raw image and video files so whoever wants to test it can. Already reported to Mufon, they emailed me and wanted more information and I called them and they are sending it to a person that's familiar with the area.

Seems like people trust me to train and take their sons and daughters into combat but anything else, nope.

Anyways, you can believe what you want, I'm sticking to what I saw.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
can you post it to Youtube? I really dont want to download a file.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
can you post it to Youtube? I really dont want to download a file.

Watch the video here Yummy.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Oh, ty once again, Free Spirit, you always have a way..

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well, I watched it, and...to be honest, I wouldnt give this another glance.

You have 2 seconds of the supposed "ufo", and the rest is like a party in your house.

Please, next time, have the girl in the background quit yapping and get more details of your "ufo"..lol..just my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
looks like a light on top of that building to me

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well you cant blame us for not really screaming UFO on this one. Looks to me like your filming from the condos overlooking Mopac by Barton Creek mall. Seton Hospital is right smack in the middle of the area your filming those lights so it could be a police or life flight helicopter. Or even a UFO but your video doesnt give much to go by.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think it's just another aeroplane, just before you turn back to film the TV we can see that it is going to the right and it has a smaller light to the left.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Or it's a blimp. Or some other human-made light-emitting thing. It could be a UFO, but since there's just a stationary light in the video, we can't know for sure, but it's very probable based on that that there's a completely mundane explanation for it. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cnuum

It's not stationary for the whole video, it starts to move before he goes to film the TV, that's why it isn't there at the end, it was moving from left to right.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by johnwayne

johnwayne.....

That's a terrible video.

As soon as the object started to move to the right & a second light on the object became apparent, you stopped videoing the object.

That is to say, you stopped filming right at the most important point of the film.

Subsequent 20-30 seconds filming of the object would have clearly shown it was a plane or helicopter, thereby "denying ignorance".

I believe you KNOW it's not a UFO.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
John,
If you come to ATS you have to bring it. This was some of the most poor filming I have seen. You did not even bother to steady your shot by propping the cam on the balcony railing so you could get more than a shaky cam shot.

Terrible is all I can say but fortunately brief enough that do not feel that too much of my time has been wasted downloading it and watching it. Austin has a lot of lights in the sky and lots of hoaxers with a lot of spare time apparently.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It is a plane, simple enough. I hate hoaxers and agree that this guy should be banned when there are legitimate people out there who have reputable evidence that get's grouped together by this guy's bs.

Most interesting: comments on YouTube have been disabled, gee, I wonder why John?

new topics

top topics

join