It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F2 tornado believed to have struck Vaughan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

F2 tornado believed to have struck Vaughan

toronto.ctv.ca

Environment Canada believes that an F2 tornado struck Vaughan on Thursday, leaving at least 600 homes damaged. Two hundred of those will probably have to be demolished.

"We've seen one car that was flipped end over end from a stationary position," Arnold Ashton said Friday. "That's not easy to do."

Homes had their entire roofs lifted off. The roofs in the affected area are of a sturdy design, "so it takes a lot of strength in the wind to take them off," he said.

The City of Vaughan dec
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

"When I looked in the sky, it was like confetti, all the debris," 36-year-old Vaughan resident Janet Zoro told the Toronto Star newspaper.

In the town of Durham, power lines supplying 60,000 people came down
news.bbc.co.uk...

Let me tell you, homes in Vaughn are VERY EXPENSIVE!
The cheapest home is maybe 400K, most likely more however.

I've never heard of anything like this in that area before.
Storm was heading east afterwards.

I was in Montreal at the time, and it started raining heavy, but it was in the middle of the night so there wasn't enough heat to fuel the storm. LUCKY US!

One person died, a few injured, but the so many homes destroyed, so many very very expensive homes.

I can't believe it.

toronto.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I honestly hope everyone there is ok but that is 1 headline I NEVER thought I would see considering its my name . Not trying to make a joke ,just weird to see.
My heart goes out to the family of the person that died , and everyone else affected by this.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackDog
I honestly hope everyone there is ok but that is 1 headline I NEVER thought I would see considering its my name

Maybe it's a sign of something soon to come

Beware!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i live just east of toronto and it was intense. the person who died was an 11 yr old boy, thats gotta be tough on the family. the weather this year has been the most violent and atypical i have ever seen.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It was an awe inspiring storm. I live 10 minutes away from Vaughan, but we had funnel clouds in North York, East York and on the west end. It was pretty intense. My heart goes to the family whose son died, and the families that lost their homes.

Ontario is not known for tornados, although we do get about 10-15 a year. This happened right in the heart of the cities, highly populated areas. Ontarians don't have tornado plans because we just don't see them.

So sad...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Not to mention Nova Scotia and Newfoundland are seeing Hurricane Bill coming up onshore or passing close by this weekend, with millions of dollars of coastal damage expected as massive waves (combined with spring tides) hit the Eastern Seaboard.

top topics

join