It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's funny how....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Its funny how ATS manages to segregate the new users to ATS and the veterans. I find it a bit perturbing. I mean, what if i have a really interesting post that i want to put out in the Education and Media forum? I cant because I'm new? Hmph.

Moving on...

I do like the atmosphere around ATS and that is one of the main reasons as to why i signed up. Although, i do hope that these 20 posts will go by fast so i can get to the real stuff on this site.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Debsturrs.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Me and you both, but oh well. Welcome.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Debsturrs

Welcome to ATS.

And don't feel segregated, I had my first 20 posts in an hour, it's easy to get lost in conversation on here.

It's only to make sure that new members can a handle on the site before they start posting. It's not your average forum layout and has a bit more rules than most places, it's just to help you not do something that you'll get stepped on for.

I do look forward to your thread however, and look forward to dicussing it with you.

If you have any questions feel free to ask

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The 20 post minimum required to start a new thread is merely intended as a means to curb the "efforts" of those wishing to spam the boards, hawk their wares, or use ATS as their personal playground.

It's Not intended as a means by which to stifle Anyone's thoughts, opinions or desire to participate/ express the same.

Perhaps, hop on over to our sister site (belowtopsecret.com) where you can "get your 20" in no time flat via Chit Chat or personal banter on the General topics that may interest you.

If ever a question or concern Please don't hesitate to ask.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hello and welcome! Yes, you'll get 20 posts in no time. I look forward to your contributions.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Welcome.
It really won't take long at all.
we'll all be looking forward to the thread here in about thirty minutes.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i didn't even realize there was a minimum posting required
im sure its just protection against morons that sign up to put in one stupid post with plans to never post on that login again.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Welcome. I think you are off to a smashing start. As they say, you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

I dig that you already question things. Especially when you consider things are not always what they seem and everybody seems normal until you get to knnow them.

Welcome.
Raise some!

[edit on 21-8-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
In the past two days I had twenty posts. Signed up on wednesday night. Some of these topics and comments are so good I can't help but add my $.02

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
How about havening to be embarrassed like me i can't post and i have been a member for a few years
I seriously thought i posted a lot more than it says but i guess i didn't.

top topics

join