It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Public Option' in Health Plan May Be Dropped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

'Public Option' in Health Plan May Be Dropped

www.nytimes.c om

PHOENIX — The White House, facing increasing skepticism over President Obama’s call for a public insurance plan to compete with the private sector, signaled Sunday that it was willing to compromise and would consider a proposal for a nonprofit health cooperative being developed in the Senate.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Ok, I don't know how this was missed, albeit, it may just be the ATS search results that missed it.

This is an interesting twist. If they drop the public health insurance component of HR 3200 in favor of a non-profit health co-op concept, that would end up gutting the bill, and probably vaporizing most of the lines that the opponents are using to make outrageous claims.

I have always been in favor of a non-profit health provider system. The devil is in the implementation, though. Let's see how this one plays out.

www.nytimes.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Update: They are starting over.

Senators aim to craft streamlined health plan
As Obama effort hits wall, group seeks broader support from both sides

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I would not worry about these current bills. They are now gone. Senators from both sides of the issue are starting over. It does not matter what Jon Stewart thinks. it does not mater what Betsy McCaughey thinks. What does mater is that this issue has hit a wall.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pathos
Update: They are starting over.

Senators aim to craft streamlined health plan
As Obama effort hits wall, group seeks broader support from both sides

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I would not worry about these current bills. They are now gone. Senators from both sides of the issue are starting over. It does not matter what Jon Stewart thinks. it does not mater what Betsy McCaughey thinks. What does mater is that this issue has hit a wall.

Well, personally, I will breath a sigh of relief at this. I don't expect them to do any better of a job this time, but that other bill was a disaster.

top topics

join