It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien , History Channel

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
An al-right documentary although it little too much nonsense from some obvious nut-cases. I lacked more in-depth knowledge about possibly alternatives to the conspiracy versions. I want both sides of the coin - not half.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DwaynetheSpecious
An al-right documentary although it little too much nonsense from some obvious nut-cases. I lacked more in-depth knowledge about possibly alternatives to the conspiracy versions. I want both sides of the coin - not half.

please explain how the pyramids from egypt and other part of the world were made ... please

wow, sorry, I didnt know there are no explanations until today

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

Originally posted by DwaynetheSpecious

please explain how the pyramids from egypt and other part of the world were made ... please

wow, sorry, I didnt know there are no explanations until today

In the video they don't explain ANYTHING AT ALL, they just come with a hypotheses on how it could have been build and frankly... it is pretty far out.

You can read a lot on wikipedia on how they could have been build and much better hypotheses, etc. The pyramid of Giza (the biggest); en.wikipedia.org...

Watch this man, W.T. Wallington, he can move extremely large stones/blocks. He is currently building his own Stonehenge alone... with NO machines. Just watch the video, your mind will open up and think different about what man is able to do.

Checkout his personal webpage here; www.theforgottentechnology.com...

[edit on 26-8-2009 by DwaynetheSpecious]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yep, it explains it all. For stonehenge not the Pyramids or Puma Punku. Al that was needed was to wash that sand/dirt with a HOSE from the bottom of the column and it will fit. And to see it it was level they would use their BUBBLE LEVEL to make sure it doesn't fall down.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NibiruWarrior

I agree, there are so many coincidences (pyramids all over the world) that don't add up with history as traditionally taught.

I never really have dwelt on aliens except to think that it makes sense that there is life out there. When I finally got around to reading Chariots of the Gods and seeing the video version of that (as well as THC's Ancient Aliens) it was like everything fell into place.

Even if man did possess superior knowledge and the slate was "wiped clean" via flood or ice age or comet, etc. (to start all over again) there still needs to be explained why there are so many depictions (drawings and text) of beings from "heaven" or space all over the world that the ancient texts don't consider part of their every day culture. For example, if ancient civilization had a lost superior knowledge why at the time did they consider these beings "gods" instead of contemporaries?

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Orion65]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
Yep, it explains it all. For stonehenge not the Pyramids or Puma Punku. Al that was needed was to wash that sand/dirt with a HOSE from the bottom of the column and it will fit. And to see it it was level they would use their BUBBLE LEVEL to make sure it doesn't fall down.

So instead of opening your mind to a relatively straightforward theory you jump the alien theory? That is just too easy to use as an explanation. For one times sake THINK... instead of just jumping conclusions with NO EVIDENCE AT ALL.

I am not a debunker and believe in aliens, but come on people... counting on the theory in this documentary is just blatantly stupid - we are presented with ZERO evidence and only PURE speculation.

The Pyramid of Giza was built by around 200.000 slaves/workers - the graves of them have been found nearby the pyramid. 20 years of construction, at least, with a workforce of 200.000 people is something truly spectacular and combine that with clever engineering skills.

In my opinion we treat these old civilizations like they were complete idiots. These people were in some areas better thinkers than us and many of the discoveries we use in today's science haven't changed a lot since they were discovered. This tells us that these solutions came from very intelligent people - maybe even brighter than many people today.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by DwaynetheSpecious]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Found this and seen this tread i hope you all enjoy.

Ancient Aliens 2009 DVDRip XviD-ViSiON

Is it possible that intelligent life forms visited Earth thousands of years ago, bringing with them technology that drastically affected the course of history and man s own development? Presented in the 1968 bestselling book Chariots of the Gods by Erich von Daniken, the theory of ancient aliens rocked people s beliefs in mankind s progress. Ancient cave drawings of strange creatures, remains of landing strips in Peru, and Indian texts that describe the flying machines of the gods were just a few of the odd archaeological artifacts cited by von Daniken as proof that ancient astronauts were well known to our ancestors. Produced with the exclusive cooperation of von Daniken himself, Ancient Aliens launches all-new expeditions to seek out and evaluate this evidence, with a concentration on the latest discoveries of the last 30 years, including unusual DNA findings on man s evolution and newly decoded artifacts from Egypt to Syria to South America. It is a balanced investigation into a theory some believe cannot be true, but many agree cannot be ignored.

Ratings: IMDB: 7.3/10.0 (19 votes) | RT: N/A
Genre: Documentary
Directed by: Kevin Burns
Starring: Robert Clotworthy, George Noory
Language: English

Release Name: Ancient.Aliens.2009.DVDRip.XviD-VoMiT
Video: XviD - 608×352px (WxH) - AR: 16/9 - FPS: 23.976 fps
Audio: MP3 @ 145 Kbps (Variable) - 2 channels
Size: 50 Files @ 703.6MB
Runtime: Release - 90 mins | Official - 120 mins
Filename: vmt-ancientaliens-xvid

Ancient Aliens 2009 DVDRip XviD-ViSiON

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Read the works by Zecharia Sitchin, particularly the Earth Chronicles series.
He has spent a lifetime investigating, and formulating his theories that the Earth was inhabited by an ancient "ALIEN" culture many thousands of years ago.
He postulates that the Sumerians and Babylonians had direct contact with the visitors, who were the origin of SKY BEING based religion.

The Egyptians incorporated parts of the ancient religions, and gave it their own particular twists.

I find it quiet interesting that the Vatican recently issued a statement that we are not the only beings in the universe, and that we should not harm any visitor from another world. ( time-space-dimension )

Viewing the artifacts such as the ones shown in the videos, ( I watched it on TV earlier this year ) and pondering the evidences that men like Von Daniken, Sitchin, and others have made public...I am of the mind that there is most likely something to their findings. I am reserving an open mind about it.

For whatever reason, early mankind around the world had an intense interest in the heavens. Whether it was to regulate crop plantings and harvests, or for worshiping something that was supposed to be out there, is all open to speculation.

I am hoping that at some point in the distant future, that mankind will find some sort of artifact evidence of other beings on some of our closer planets or moons. I doubt very much that anything is residing there currently.

I think that our solar system is basically dead. Long ago, some of the other planets may have had atmospheres that could have supported some form of advanced life. They either died out, or moved on to other regions of the Milky Way. They could have also made a stop over to Earth for try at living here...
Perhaps there is a 12th Planet out there, and maybe there was a sphere in between us and Jupiter...
For whatever reasons, if something came here, it didn't work out, and they are long gone. They won't be coming back!

As far as crop circles are concerned...they may be just post cards from the inner galaxy, saying; " Hello, Glad your not here! You Suck!" A sort of thumbing of the nose slit at us...

One final thought; I believe that the Earth is partially inhabited in the oceans by an aquatic based ( alien like ) entity. These things are responsible for USO's, and have been witnessed hovering above open water, and also disturb water molecules in the air. When they enter or leave water, they leave no waves, ripples, or splashes. They come and go as if the water isn't there. USO's have been recorded in maritime history for millennium.

The arena of UFO investigations has sorely over looked the USO phenomenon, and gives it partial credibilty. I have long carped that if you really want to find them, and catch one, start in the oceans. These things have total unimpeded access and move about in deep cover of the seas.
( the "UFO Hunters" program, gave it a half-assed investigation, like everything they do! Of course, they found nothing. They never do.)

Who are they, and what do they want? I haven't a clue. They may have been here long before land based humans crawled out from under the rocks. It is the only part of the UFO mystery that I am interested in.

Crop circle investigation has been so tainted with hoaxes and hoaxers, that I doubt it can be investigated acutely. "Devils Circles" were written about hundreds of years ago, but ignorance and misunderstanding relegated them to forbidden knowledge status.

Computer Graphic programs have more or less ruined the credibility of anything that is down loaded onto forums such as this one.

I know what real crop circles looked like back in the sixties and early seventies. I was MUFON member, and received it's monthly publication, that would on occasion have an aerial photo of one. They were much simpler, and smaller, and less frequent.
Anyone who had a SPIROGRAPH toy in the sixties, could easily reproduce any crop circle currently posted.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
What a quandary...

What belief systems could possibly have resulted in the massive building efforts (i.e. the Giza Pyramids, Machu Pichu, Puma Punto, Stonehenge, Teotihuacan, Mayan Pyramids, etc.) being discussed in this, and other, threads?

Must our Individual and Collective understandings of these [possibly] ancient belief systems conform to what our own current belief systems (religious, scientific, philosophical) dictate as being probably "true"? In other words, are the beliefs we currently hold necessarily "better" or more "true" than those of apparently long-dead civilizations?

Are the concepts of "linear time" and "time/space" merely observational assumptions guided by something as seemingly straightforward as perspective..."confirmed" through application of mathematics? As Albert said "It's all "relative" so what the hell, pass the potatoes, please. I believe I'm hungry."

Does Dr. Zahi Hawass experience a butt-pucker each time he offers one of his explanations as "fact"?

It seems to me that fathoming the supposed validity of this or that premise of "truth" is the source of the fun of it all...so in my own final analysis, I'm choosing to keep ALL my options open...insofar as carving any beliefs - current, ancient or otherwise, into stone ("carving stone" pun intended here) is concerned.

And beliefs in UFOs and USOs? My head hurts...

Just kidding. For me, I've got it all figured out...so pass those potatoes please!

Mindpeace

“It’s better to light a candle…than to curse the darkness.”

Adlai Stevenson

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Mindpeace]

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Mindpeace;

I agree with you. This has been one of my larger fights with people, when it comes to defining perceptions.

People today, mistakenly think that the mindsets and perceptions of the ancients where somehow in line with ours today. WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

Ancient cultures had a very unusual split within their societies. Most were ignorant beyond description. Most didn't know what day it was, what time it was, what month it was, or what end was up generally. They had to be told what to do, like children.
The priests, and learned men of science, dictated everything. They had the power, and they wielded it, with brutal ferocity. Capitulation and sacrifice was the rule. ( sort of like it is today! )

When I look at artifacts of long gone societies, I try very hard to understand what it was like to live in their paradigms. More often than not, it isn't possible, because I already know too much. I know as much if not more than, most of the high priests of their day. Placing myself in the shoes of the hapless stupid common citizen of 3000 years ago, isn't a fit I can make. So I am left wondering.

What did the lower common denominator think that the sun was? What were the clouds? What was the blue of the sky? Where did the blue go at night? What were the stars? Why did it rain some days, and not others? What caused the wind? What was thunder and lightening? What caused the ground to tremble and open up? Why did volcanoes explode? What happens to me when I die?

The common person didn't know any answers to anything.
They slept at night in their dirty little cramped abodes, arose with the dawn, ate, labored until dusk, went home to a family, ate a main meal, and did the whole thing over again the next day, not even knowing what day it was.

Their place was to labor for the good of the culture, making sacrifices when told to, and to honor and not question the authority over them. ( sort of like today! )

Why civilizations for eons, broke their backs to build titan sized stone monuments to some living god or ruler without question, or fair compensations, is a mystery.

In a way, it makes me think of the futility of it all, just as Conan the Barbarian toiled his young life away in an endless laborious circle on the "Wheel of Woe".

Most Egyptians didn't live to see 25 years old. Generation after generation toiled on the pyramids, dying with out seeing it's completion. They must have wondered if it would ever be finished. Their own Wheel of Woe so to speak. Endless labor, and sacrifice for the living God Pharaoh.

The cultures who had to have human blood to appease a God, and maintain universal balance of nature, totally mystifies me. For thousands of years, an endless cycle of premature death, all to satisfy some privileged moron dressed up in gold and feathered finery. Once the sacrifices no longer delivered, and their world died before their eyes, only then did they finally revolt, and change their thinking.
(Which is what we are sort of facing today!)

Dr. Zahi Hawass is so afraid of anything that might fly in the face of his professed expertise, and undermine his credentials that he refuses to address any other
explanations other than his own. Geesh, talk about a huge ego?
I haven't a whole lot of respect for him lately. He has shown himself to be really anal about any new ideas that come along.

I went to see the Anasazi ruins in 1994, and was able to see through the smoke screen diatribe of the park guide. My immediate impressions, were that these people were trying to hide from something. They had watch towers everywhere, and line of sight to the tribe, so that they could signal them when trouble was coming. What was it?
These people went to extraordinary efforts to make themselves inaccessible and hidden from view.
Who or what was after them? What drove them out or killed them off?
When they left, they dropped everything in it's place. Why? They disappeared forever. No answers as of yet! Strange stuff.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Confused and Dazed,

I believe I share your approach to discerning what is, undoubtedly, the key to understanding how a given populace could collectively choose (as a flock of birds changes direction of flight) to embark on such arduous journeys. And I wholeheartedly agree that trying to uncover these belief systems through application of assumptions based entirely upon our own current values and perspectives is, to me, akin to Square (of “Flatland” repute) attempting to fathom the intrusion into his world by a three-dimensional sphere in terms of his two-dimensional definitions OF that world.

Although I, as yourself, have also considered some of the “egos” which were associated with many of these magnificently ambitious projects (Cheops, Ramses, Montezuma etc.), I cannot accept the premise that fear/intimidation or even unquestioning “reverence” for a God-King would have been sustainable long-term as a central catalyst for construction of these monumental feats.

Could motives for quite literal adherence to a community-shared, even possibly “almost rabid” dedication to these glorious projects be rooted in primeval imagination ultimately based solely upon oral and written belief traditions? Or is it more reasonable to tentatively conclude that singular awe-inspiring events sewed those initial seeds for beliefs which reflected (and, to me, infers) a desire for reproduction of, and interaction with, those events? Again, for me, if choosing from these two musings, I prefer the latter…although this is not to say there are no other possible sources for those elusive catalysts.

Seriously (but not TOO seriously, though), there is an admitted tendency for me to invest a bit of romanticism when attempting to discern what others think, what others believe, what goes into the worldview of a given contemporary Individual. Perhaps this is merely a facet to the nature of the foundational Human mindset. This premise, by the way, is much more evident when trying to view reality from the point of view of someone who displayed a perspective shaped by circumstance so far removed from my own day-to-day experience that I can only assume the particulars OF that circumstance as being possibly “true”. And therein lies the quandary…although these assumptions could be considered by some as being “forgivable” (Oh Zawi, you rascal!). But we truly do run into more than a bit of difficulty when accepting these assumptions as facts, for we begin to color those realities with hues derived from our own palettes, colors which have been assumptively carved in stone for generations.

In the end, it seems that Individual intuitive acceptance of a probable “truth”, which I feel is the basic premise of all religious and scientific belief systems, would result in “acceptable” assumptions concerning any particular group of people – including those civilizations which have seemingly departed this world in favor of other adventures.

I know, I know – “intuitive acceptance” – a categorization almost anathemic for many. But for nearly six decades I have sought the mind peace I now enjoy, and my own bottom line is simply that…peace of mind derived from my own worldview.

Another helping of those potatoes, please.

I, by the way, thoroughly enjoyed reading your thoughts Confused and Dazed. And I find your insights to be anything but confused and dazed.

And I have also found that being confused and dazed is not necessarily a bad way to go through life. It all depends on your own assumptions, I guess.

Mindpeace

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Is it that far out of a theory. Of course, there's no hard evidence for any of this. We're talking about structures that have defied explanation for centuries. We've never been able to come up with a definitive explanation for any of these things.

Let's look at it logically. Considering the size of the universe, and the number of solar systems within it, it highly improbable that life exists solely on Earth. If life sprung up here, then logic dictates that it must also exist elsewhere.

Our scientists are currently making great progress in regards to genetic manipulation and genome sequencing. With a few more year's knowledge and experience, we'll be a lot further down the line.

Throughout history, mankind has recorded and painted objects in the sky, objects that look very similar to ufo's that we currently video tape on a daily basis in our skies. It seems logical to conclude that mankind has always seen these flying objects in the sky, and has always been in awe of them.

Every culture's ancient writings have a very similar theme - in the beginning, advanced beings who looked like us visited the earth in flying machines, and created mankind. Then they left, promising to return one day.

When it comes down to it, everything we believe about the origins of human life on earth falls into 2 categories - faith and guess work. We can't find the missing link between ape and man. We can't explain these obvious signs of technology that just don't fit in our current explanation.

How much longer will it be before we have reached a level of technology that will allow us to travel amongst the other planets in our galaxy? How long before we will be able to give another less advanced species a leg up on the evolutionary ladder? If we look at where our civilsation is going, we may get a clearer idea of where we came from.

Does the current explanation fit the facts? No, it just shrugs it's shoulders and says "I dunno who built those things, or how they did it". Here's someone who's come up with a theory that does fit. Does it explain the technology behind the pyramids and other sites? Yes. Does it explain those odd verses in the different ancient writings? Yes. Does it explain the odd drawings and artifacts that again just don't fit in our accepted explanation? Yes.

Maybe we need to realise that our current view of history is so innaccurate, that we need to hide archeological findings to preserve it. We have to hide the truth to protect what we believe. We are currently in danger of going down in history in a similar way to past generations, who we now chuckle at for their backward refusal to believe that the earth was anything other than flat.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join