It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien , History Channel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

Originally posted by Durabys
I saw it. It made even my mother going mad ... the artifacts are forged, they are liars, the translations were intentionaly misinterpreted and so on and on ...
If one day this thing "will be reckognised as true" and comes out in a way where the aliens themselve undisputably will say to us what was happening in our ancient history, it will cause a catastrophe like in the areas of the Biblical belt ... americans, I really feel sorry for you.

mmm yes. I agree... lets throw out evidence and look to the Bible for the answers...

Let's use the Bible(as Von Daniken has) and look for the answers.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I agree. I have a pretty good grasp on most things but this is confusing
and seems to contradict history or has even influenced it to some degree.
I also agree its good for us to not get baited into argueing pointless politics. (or chemtrail threads)

However, you know that the religious right and the atheists will inevitably start arguing now!
Its funny how if someones belief is questioned,
they almost always react in a bad way.
Instead of just saying "thats cool" and going with that for awhile.

After all what do we really know, we wasnt there when it happened.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
thought i saw this but i did not thanks

S&F

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
YT deleted them because of copyright, anyone else upload them anywhere?

ooohh =( im happy now that i downloaded them!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TrentReznor

They had the mental capacity, but lacked the Knowledge.

Precisely! This is a meme. Meaning, the passing of knowledge through non-genetic means.
This is what Stephen Hawking refers to when he says that we are, right now, advancing the evolution of man exponentially with the internet.

You simply cannot BEGIN with the greatest works and digress from there.

It is as if these people were "born" with these advanced concepts and digressed from there. If the archaeologists were honest with themselves, they would say that there is evidence of older civilization. However, since they aren't able to find direct evidence of it, they will argue against it using whatever reasoning they can dream up.

This is one of the most frustrating things I can think of.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by born-indigo

Chariots is an excellent read,but it is a double take kind of book..Enjoy 23/08/09 Carpman Halifax UK

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This is an amazing presentation of the facts, really enjoyed brushing up on what I already knew and also learning a couple of new things.

An excellent video to show friends or people in your family to begin to open their eyes to the ancient aliens theory (i.e: the historical truth).

It's a shame that you mostly have to keep your conversations at a very high level when speaking to people that are totally unaware of our history as a species. That certain people or groups are going out of their way behind the scenes to deny us this knowledge as our real history, and discredit the people who try to get the message out and therefore discredit us, stinks.

It's time we just concluded as a race that the bible is just 1 story that unfolded around the same time as the other religion's books, and they are replications of an age old story told my pretty much all the civilisations throughout the history of this planet, and the Genesis Creation and Great Deluge stories are MUCH older.

Karnak, Saqqara, Ancient Sumeria, Tiahuanaco & its perhaps even more stunning yet destroyed neighbouring megalithic site/city, the Giza platau and the Temple of Luxor, not to mention all of the other civilisation's temples and pyramids of simply unbelievable construction out there such as the Mayan, Aztec or Incan civilisations, all point to the fact that were visited, in definite conclusion.

Are we to believe then, that these people came to the same knowledge, built these just amazing things themselves out of the blue, around the world, on their own with no outside help (publicly recognised anyway), and then all lied about how or why they did it, and significantly all told the same lie, I don't think so. So they were clever enough to work out how to do it, and also do it to precise calculations we are incapable of replicating today, and furthermore to within .5 of a degree line them ALL up with the earths exact centre of land mass and cardinal lines, and with the stars even more accurately. When are people going to give them some credit and reconsider history as we know it, or are taught it happened.

Then there's the whole mountain range in Peru that's been turned into an airport! Runways are "clearly" visible and obvious and I can't understand why this hasn't been taken seriously and considered as an alien landing place, I've always thought possibly for equipment of some kind, maybe to harvest the gold and other earlthly commodities such as the Egyptians and Sumerians describe, or machinery to cut and transport all of these inconceivably uncuttable or immovable megalithic stones we see dotted around, er, the ENTIRE EARTH...

I think we should just press pause on this whole thing, rightly remove any party in charge that is complacent with denying history and knowledge to the people, and press play again. Wouldn't that be nice.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I downloaded them as soon as i saw this thread 2 days ago. I didnt have the time to watch it until now and i am pleasantly surprised and thankful that i did not forget about it.

It was very well balanced from both sides, showing pro's and con's to the theory, however, at times it did lean slightly towards the 'ancient astronaut' side, especially in regards to the site at Pumu Punku (sp?), although it should since that place is truly extraordinary.

Overall, no new information for me personally, but for someone who is new to this area it makes for a sound introduction, highlighting the main areas of debate.

What i thought was, in a way, 'eerie', was von Danikens last words, it was so direct, very 'foreshadowing'... haha, we can only hope i guess.

Thanks again OP.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NibiruWarrior

I think we should just press pause on this whole thing, rightly remove any party in charge that is complacent with denying history and knowledge to the people, and press play again. Wouldn't that be nice.

this is pure censorship, my friend
as Philip K Dick said, "we are always ready to kneel in front of miracles" .

So the ET will never show up, for as long as we'll keep ighting each other for resources and stuff. When the dominant civilization will take over the world , then this show of unity will maybe help them decide it's time for contact. Not before. Who do you think we are? a super smart race? we're so smart we destroy our environment, wow, what an advanced civilization

[edit on 23/8/09 by MattMulder]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MattMulder

i agree with you. We need to start to live as a race.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Durabys

There is evidence of aliens in the Bible thank you very much. I don't need anybody feeling sorry for this American. Maybe you need to get out more. I can't afford to travel much so I read about other's culture and society. It's quite fascinating.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

i'm a christian and i have no problem with ancient history of other civilizations. most of the people i know who are christians, also have no problem with ancient history of other civilizations. you need to broaden your perspective a little as you have clearly been spoon fed some nonsense about how christians view the ancient past. i think the idea that this is a christian vs. atheist debate is silly, perpetuated to blame the ills of the world on a deliberately stereotyped group without any real foundation.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
case in point, david flynn is a christian.
here's his video series on tiahuanaco and puma punku

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

??? every time i hear someone say "those darn christians are hiding what happened in our ancient past" i can only scratch my head in puzzlement. maybe you're just not reading what they've been saying and only reading what their detractors say about them? that possible?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Maybe it is due to the fact that you silly Christers have fragmented your belief into 1,000 or more sub-beliefs.

And yeah, there are Christer sects that are very narrow-minded.
For instance, I grew up in the Fire and Brimstone Southern Baptist churches and I just never liked it.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

i think that's not a commentary on christianity but the human race in general. there are fractured viewpoints on just about everything. i don't think there's an one size fits all belief system on the planet. i'm surprised you'd think it should be that way since it requires huge religious tyranny for such a thing to be possible. there are sects within sects for not only every "religious" belief but for every non-religious belief as well.

let's start over. this isnt about christianity vs. you. it's about the topic of "hiding" the truth about the past. now if memory serves it was the enlightenment period that not only tried to eradicate religion but decided all ancient history was a lie, that if any of the old texts bore any resemblance to reality it would only be useful archaeologically (to dig up old cities and such) and then still call it a lie even when they used the texts to find the places.
that is not the fault of christianity.

really honestly ? look at what you're saying.. it's not specific to a religion or non-religion. it's a human condition.

sigh.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I agree with you. I just thought it would be a good opportunity to rib at a Christer.

But traditionally speaking, whenever a new dogma is introduced, the old ways are burned. Literally. Sure, we are "above that" now. Or at least we like to act like we are.
Remember when Iraq was invaded? First thing - right off the bat - Rob the museums.
Now, that wasn't religiously motivated, but the result is the same.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jameslewin
What bothers me most about these theories is that there is absolutely 0, yes,0 evidence that even comes close to proving that any of Von Danikens' theories are correct.
It really bothers me that even though our brains and IQ's have been the same for thousands of years people want to disregard the ingenuity of humanity throughout history and attribute these ancient monuments to ET. Lets give ourselves some credit before jumping to improbable conclusions.
Also let us not forget that some of his work has been proven to be fraudulent. He was in prison for over a year for fraud in Europe.
www.scribd.com...

[edit on 21-8-2009 by jameslewin]

[edit on 21-8-2009 by jameslewin]

How come most debunkers with no connection to the written word on ATS always are newly registered users?

Just another one to add to the ignore list.

By the way I am definately not alone in believing that we are not the first civilization on this planet, If we compare ourselves to the ancients we live in the stoneage.

But they weren´t nessesarily aliens but there´s plenty of evidence of their excistance, one can´t debunk everything.

And just because some people don´t fit in to the western society doesn´t mean that his not ahead of his time.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

listen, i'm just an unhealthy, near poverty level, old person in america. i have very little money and no real influence to speak of. how do you propose it is my fault that someone robbed the museum? that'd be like the last thing i would support. i don't want those artifacts to disappear! i have them posted all over the place on this site. (the missing ones had been photographed and the photos placed on the LOST TREASURES OF IRAQ site and when i saw the one from eridu (in the terracota section) i was like amazed at what it indicated.

time to adjust your viewpoint. to quote han solo "it's not my fault!"

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I am directly blaming YOU for the museum robberies.
And I am now calling the FBI.

I think you misunderstood me.
I agreed with you that it is more indicative of the human condition than it is religiousity. But what I'm saying is that traditionally, whenever the "new guy on the block" takes over his first priority is to burn the old ways.

It may not fall in the hands of the religious folk anymore, but it still happens (the museums). Back in the day, though, it was the Church that commited these acts. Why? Because these were the days of theocracy.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

call it what it was.. the holy roman catholic empire. it was headed up by a caesar, a god-man, called the pope, who was the voice of god on earth or so they said, as in keeping with the roman pagan leaders who were their predecessors... all god-men. let me put it in a way you can understand: if you think you can blame one of the peasants of the time for the events that transpired, go ahead (although i'd wonder what you could possibly be thinking!) but "blameth nat me" - the wife of bath. not only wasn't i not there, but i have no way of altering what has already happened and no way of knowing whether i could've done anything to stop it!

argh, i hate that argument. it's so so...ugh. it's right up there in utter hopeless category with the idea that only christians should keep the same historical outlook inperpetuity. we should believe troy never existed? why ? it was found! we should believe the land of shinar never existed? (that's sumer) why? it was found! why do you want me to not believe that?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join