It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House - Lockerbie bomber welcome "disturbing"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The terrorists could give a rat's ass if we show compassion. All they are interested in is KILLING all non Islamics.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Makes me proud to be Scottish.

Just a pity that by withdrawing his appeal the Governments
of the U.S and the U.K are getting off lightly.

Far too many want revenge instead of justice.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Tell the people he killed that this man deserves compassion! He gets to die in his home while all those people? Those people didn't deserve to die. He should of been totured to death in my opinion..

It is NOT ok to mass murder as he did. Before you speak, maybe you should stop thinking about the criminal and start thinking about the victims.

He didn't deserve compassion, because he didn't give it. I'm somewhat of a pacifist myself.. but killers deserve no sympathy.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

Yes, and not everybody in Libya are terrorists. Is that concept too difficult for you to understand!

We show ourselves in good light because of releasing him in the eyes of Libyans. That is much better than satisfying people's anger & hatred.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Do you ever stop to think he was innocent?

Do you ever stop to think why he dropped his appeal and why the
Scottish Goverment let him walk.

If you don't think U.S Intelligence played a big part in this
then you're very naive.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo2167

If he was innocent he should of been let free. However, since he was held in jail for 20 years for a bombing, I'm going to assume he was actually guilty.

I don't know much on the case. Please enlighten me if you think I'm so wrong. However like I noted, he was held in jail. I think it's fair to assume that he was guilty.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by john124

Tell the people he killed that this man deserves compassion! He gets to die in his home while all those people? Those people didn't deserve to die. He should of been totured to death in my opinion..

We owe it to ourselves to act in a civilised manner to any prisoner that is dying. I can't talk to the dead so you'll have to excuse that request.

What somebody deserves does not outweigh what we owe ourselves, and we owe ourselves the dignity to behave responsibly towards others.

There are questions about his guilt - it's better to let a guilty man go free, than let an innocent man die in prison!

I have no problem with families being angry, just the US govt's decisions to decide for the 1000 Libyan's that they were celebrating terrorism, when they are just people who may be celebrating better relatons and a better future. Who are the US govt. to decide another country's laws? Another country's opinions on a dying man?

It is NOT ok to mass murder as he did. Before you speak, maybe you should stop thinking about the criminal and start thinking about the victims.

I never said it was.... I advise you to see this from a logical perspective, rather than from an angry person's point of view who cannot see past his own hatred to stop the cycle of hatred and harmful actions.

He didn't deserve compassion, because he didn't give it. I'm somewhat of a pacifist myself.. but killers deserve no sympathy.

That's oversimplified and reeks of US mass media brainwashing & hypocrisy. If he were tried in the US, he probably would have been executed. Killing a man for killing others himself!! - you can accept a cycle of barbarism, but I won't!

The man is dying of cancer, he has a death sentence! We owe it to ourselves as a civilised society to show how we are better than they are.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by jimbo2167

If he was innocent he should of been let free. However, since he was held in jail for 20 years for a bombing, I'm going to assume he was actually guilty.

I don't know much on the case. Please enlighten me if you think I'm so wrong. However like I noted, he was held in jail. I think it's fair to assume that he was guilty.

There hasn't been an appeal so we don't know exactly. But many say this man is innocent, so a public enquiry should be held. And I think it probably will. Would you let a potential innocent man die in prison, or risk letting a guilty man go based on compassionate grounds because he's dying?

I'm sure US media don't discuss this beyond their own one-sided views from the families that simply cannot be objective.

It takes more guts to release this man that it does to not release him, and accept that we are better than letting a dying man die in prison. Revenge is irrelevant and illogical, and solves nothing except somebody's selfish desires, and does more harm than good to the majority.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Not content with telling Scottish law officers what to do yesterday, now the White House is scolding Libya for the circumstances surrounding Al-Megrahi's arrival.

And the White House want him under house arrest there !

Now that IS interfering in the Scottish judicial process ... because the Scottish Justice Minister expressly forbad any deal which led to Al-Megrahi being detained on arrival in Tripoli.

When will the US Government ever realise that their influence is slowly waning ?

And that other nations, even very wee ones, won't be dictated to anymore.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala
Now that IS interfering in the Scottish judicial process ...

The US did not interfere in your precious little process which sets mass murderers free. From your post and other US-haters who contributed, I can only assume the whole thing was to stick it to the US. Remember this when the next airliner drops out of the sky (God forbid).

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

But mine would be a biased opinion.

So do your own research.
Look at the flimsical evidence from Tony Gauci.
Look into the bombing device itself. No explosive residue.
Look into Mohammed Abu Talb.
Look into PFLP-GC.

And finally if you're looking for motive, Iran Air Flight 655.

Where's the justice for 290 innocent civillians murdered by U.S missiles
just five months before Lockerbie.

The U.S to this day still has not accepted responsibility or apologized to the Iranian government despite paying $68 million.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Little?

Not so little now it seems!

As for next time an airliner falls out the sky?

What the hell does that mean?

[edit on 21/8/09 by jimbo2167]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by john124
This is making a mountain out of a mole-hill. The guy will be dead in 3 months, he's hardly free and can hardly be seen as much of a hero.

It is you who is trying to make a mountain look like a mole-hill. He was greeted by CROWDS, for gossake, and Qaddafi Jr helped him out of the plane.

By releasing him we are demonstrating that in the west we treat people with compassion, unlike he himself demonstrated.

Say that to families of those who he had mercilessly mass-murdered.

With you on this one 100%

We can't just overlook every provocation. A "heroes welcome" for that criminal means that those people actually think that blowing an airliner full of innocents out of the sky was a wonderful thing to do.

Sometimes you do have to take care of your own before bending over backwards to adopt a politically correct stance.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Muundoggie

Yes, and not everybody in Libya are terrorists. Is that concept too difficult for you to understand!

No one said they were.

We show ourselves in good light because of releasing him in the eyes of Libyans. That is much better than satisfying people's anger & hatred.

Many people would call that appeasement - like Chamberlain did for Hitler in the 1930's.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

It seems the power hungry tentacles on the US govt. cannot let go of anything, with their excessive tantrums until they get what they want.

That's a pretty disgusting statement, even for a Brit.

You release someone who has murdered 270 people, mostly Americans, and you not only defend that decision, but sneeringly insult us in the process.

I hope those Americans reading this thread take note of your words, you're fairly representative of your countrymen.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Bottom line, this guy mass murdered hundreds of people, and deserved to die in prison.

I could care less about the humitarian side of this and could care less about what flags they chose to wave. The fact that they were there cheering on a guy that mass murdered hundreds of people speaks for itself, if it was your family killed in this crash maybe you would feel the same way.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo2167

Little?

You just confirmed what I said. The convicted mass murderer's comfort comes before the sense of closure for families and memory of 270 people who perished due to his heinous crime. And you are proud of it now, because you stuck it to the US.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Little?

You just confirmed what I said. The convicted mass murderer's comfort comes before the sense of closure for families and memory of 270 people who perished due to his heinous crime. And you are proud of it now, because you stuck it to the US.

No, it was you're patronising tone in your previous post.

Little?

Why the hell do you want an innocent man to die in jail when
it should be the real culprits who are brougfht to justice?

Do you want revenge or justice?

Don't you think it convenient that he dropped his appeal and then
his freedom was guaranteed?

You don't really care do you, as long as the good old U.S of A is
being seen to kick ass throughout the world people like you really
don't give a #.

Tell me why are we at war in Afghanistan?
Why are we at war in Iraq?

Are you Bill O'Relly or Glen Beck?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Why the hell do you want an innocent man to die in jail when
it should be the real culprits who are brougfht to justice?

Tried and found innocent in the court of ATS?

Last time I checked he was found guilty in YOUR court system, and never reprieved.

You don't really care do you, as long as the good old U.S of A is
being seen to kick ass throughout the world people like you really
don't give a #.

And here you have the real reason for the release.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join