It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Widespread Pandemic H1N1 School Outbreaks in Southern US

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I have a couple of concerns regarding this alleged flu outbreak in the Southern US.

The first is that late August is not a usual time to be seeing a flu outbreak, and I'd think that it would be more likely in the Northern US than in the south due to the normal flu's spread during cooler times of the year. We usually get back to school earlier and out of school earlier down here than in other parts of the US. So much is atypical about this flu that it bears watching closely. Summer in this part of the world is known to hang on well into what most people call Autumn and the normal flu season here doesn't really get going until late October at the earliest and usually November or December is when it really fires up. Though I know that bugs getting going as soon as school is back is typical, I can't remember a flu outbreak ever this time of year.

The specifics of this novel H1N1 (i still prefer Mexican-Swine flu) strain have been hotly and thoroughly debated in this forum since the first instances this past spring, and I'm not going to go there.

The flu's impact on the Southern Hemisphere is either severely under reported or not really that much worse than the regular annual flu. I believe that this may be because the Southern Hemisphere is much less populated than the Northern Hemisphere. I can only think of Melbourne, Sydney, Buenos Ares, and Johanesbug as large metroplitan cities in temperate climates that could compare to some of the large cities in the Northern Hemisphere. Also the southern Hemisphere lacks a land conduit to the southern polar regions like exists in the northern hemisphere so the winters aren't quite as bad.

I do have a rather disturbing theory that's not quite as disturbing as some of the others I've seen on here in regards to why the hype about the flu. I don't buy the imminent recovery meme in regards to the world economy particular the US economy. Just as the markets are shooting the moon, and if you watch (not read) your economic news you just might believe that, if some sort of quarantine/travel ban is put in place to quell a flu outbreak then there is a perfect non-aligned natural force to scapegoat for the malfaesence that truly caused the further economic collapse that IS coming any week now. The hype is also beneficial to those in the middle of a hotly contested US healthcare debate.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The flu we had started June 11. I got it first, a week later my son, then my husband right after that. Very different in all of us. In fact, I didn't even know I had it - just horrid hives. I had swine flu in the 70's, my doc seemed to think that is what caused my hives. My son - barely sick. No fever but maybe 2 day INTO it for a day - my hubby, really really sick. He was wet - he scared me. I wanted to take him to ER but he'd have about rather shot himself than ever see a doctor. He HATES doctors and medical people. He'll take herbs and stuff, but that's IT.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Geez.. My high school played Camden County high school in football last night.. hope they dont bring the swine flu..

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The source is from a pandemic consulting firm. Of course they are going to report things like this because it is good for business and can very likely get contracts to consult by doing things like this. So of course the propaganda is going to start especially if you cite sources like the one the OP uses. I feel like the source for the OP should be from the MSM for the propaganda to start and its not it's from a site that is there job to consult for pandemics. I see that this could be misleading in so many ways especially if you're new like me. Take it for what it is. Peace.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Another thing is when the OP says and it begins. Well it begins with a source from a pandemic consulting firm and not the MSM. I think you could go to tamiflu or any type of companies site that deals with pandemics, flus, vaccines and get some type of information that would promote there business.Then the OP says I wonder if the children are being vaccinated yet,forcibly or willingly? So now the OP is insinuating that since this pandemic consulting firm put out this article on kids getting sick in the south that maybe the children have already been vaccinated and that is why they are getting sick.The latter insinuation is that the children are being forced to take the vaccine or they have been willingly taking the vaccine. The source provides no proof of either and it is pure speculation of the OP. In this thread there are problems with the source and then the insinuations from the OP that are pure speculation and not based on fact.It does make me think that TPTB could vaccinate the population forcibly by not knowing that we would be taking it though an alternative means of ingestion but that's just speculation.Peace. One last thing why does this have over 30 flags and just 3 stars. Do you get flags for insinuations and speculation or do the readers not understand what is being said by the OP and where the source comes from then flag it anyways.I feel like this is a very misleading presentation and has been flagged for the wrong reasons.Peace.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by A por uvas]

[edit on 23-8-2009 by A por uvas]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

What i find weird is that all of these kids displaying flu like symptoms during the school day, didn't show these symptoms before they left home that morning?

What are their parents doing, sending them to school with flu like symptoms?!

Or were they fine when they left home, and only showed signs of illness (very fast incubation period then!!!) once they had gotten to school...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

wow kids are in school already?? My kids don't go to school until September 2nd, and get out in June. I was talking to a friend yesterday and her kids have been in school since the first week of August!!! I was like holy cow! Of course they get out at the end of May. She lives in Georgia, and her kids are not sick.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Just got word that two Miami Dolphins have H1N1 (Swine Flu).
according to the symbols of these disasters, we are anticipating the completion of the Satanic Star. I can find the data video if needed. its weak to say the least but if an event does occur in Miami ... I can think of several issues that will be resolved if Miami is a future target... however, during the Anthax attack after 911. did fulfill this final line to Miami to complete the satanic star. so maybe this is already complete. but the attack was so local, would it be on the same magnitude as Ok. City or Waco or 911 or Katrina... I say no... but thats only because Anthax had little disruption as all the other events were highly visible major disruption.

Some Doctor or someone post, Pandemic Survival for ATS members, Please. if want to learn more download Military Handbook for NBC...
Nuclear Biological and Chemical warfare manuals.

remember Anthax - Bush\Rumsfeld had everyone buy Plastic and Duct Tape... red herring or bio attack materials for a future Swine Flu Attack perhaps.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I think we have the same bug going around up our way too. I'm sick right now with it. It's making it's rounds... to everyone in my family. It feels like a common cold to me. My daughter ran a fever for 2 days, had a couple of days of sniffles and coughs and is fine now.

I also remember getting this same thing last august.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Same here... been feeling yucky for about a week. Today my head has cleared a bit and fee much better. Like you said I think I had the same thing this time last year.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Schools spread diseases and sickness. I remember going to school and how I would get sick constantly. Now that I am out of school and have been in the real world for 20 years I very rarely get sick.... My little girl didn't get sick much until She started going to school now its a regular occurance.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
They're not being vaccinated. Forcibly or willingly. The vaccine hasn't been significantly tested, and/or approved in the US.

-Dev

Wrong. I know someone who works for the vaccines division of the sanofi aventis group, aka sanofi pasteur. They've already started packaging and shipping swine flu vaccines to the U.S. They have a pamphlet that is shipped with the boxes of vaccine that i'm pretty sure I can get a copy of. From what i understand it covers 3 types of influenza. I'll see if i can post that here.

-Milton

[edit on 23-8-2009 by awmilton]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

However, as reported in the New York Times, an odd feature of the new swine flu is NO fever! Extremely important. This explains why it is spread so quickly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.recombinomics.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

And also, I'm sitting here today with sore throat, cough, sneezing, aches, and generally feel like crap, but NO fever. This after the first week of school. Now I wonder if I have the swine flu.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by warrenb

What i find weird is that all of these kids displaying flu like symptoms during the school day, didn't show these symptoms before they left home that morning?

What are their parents doing, sending them to school with flu like symptoms?!

Or were they fine when they left home, and only showed signs of illness (very fast incubation period then!!!) once they had gotten to school...

Parents don't care if they send their kids to school sick. I am a teacher and I can tell you kids come to school with high fevers and vomiting. What does mom say? Oh, I thought he was just wanting to stay home and was faking it, seriously.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

Parents don't care if they send their kids to school sick.

EXCUSE ME?!?

Are you aware that school regulations require parents to send their children to school sick or not? Unless they are sick enough to go to a doctor, something that most of us can not afford every time they sniffle, we are criminally liable for truancy if we keep them home!

I still keep mine home if they are too sick to attend, but not everyone today will tell a truant officer to his face to "go ahead, make my day".

Maybe you need to get out of that classroom for a few minutes a day and see what the parents are going through to try and keep your classroom healthy, despite the regulations your school has placed on them!

TheRedneck

[edit on 8/23/2009 by TheRedneck]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join