It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Widespread Pandemic H1N1 School Outbreaks in Southern US

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
We're in GA and we're almost positive we had it.
I had it in the 70s and I didn't get sick at all, except I had horrid, horrid hives. My bloodwork showed a viral shift, I'd had some virus. My doc kept looking at my nose, ect. Are you sure you're not sick? NO
But my son and husband had the flu. Light in my son, heavy and horrible in my husband. He wouldn't get swabbed even though my doc said for him to - he said there was no flu other than h1n1 here. Well he wouldn't - he hates docs. I know now that several other folks we know have a flu.

I saw this:

They want us to take 3 shots for this?
/mopywb
People in south to roll up sleeves 3 times?
Uh, no.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The thing that concerns me is the lack of increase in severe cases of swine flu in countries already in their flu season.

Kids get sick when they all go back to school and mingle again but that doesn't mean it's swine flu - it's normal.

Surely, if this flu was/is going to be something to be seriously concerned about then we should be hearing devastating numbers from countries already in their winter, flu season?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tenhearttkc

Whatever my son and hubby had, my son was sick for 6 days, but mainly a stopped up nose and GI symptoms @ first - then my husband was DOG sick for about 10 days - and he never gets sick - missed a lot of work, @ one point I thought he had pneumonia. His boss has it now, and he was out all last week.
And ftr, we homeschool. No idea where we picked it up.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by hadriana]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
sorry dude i'm wrong

[edit on 22-8-2009 by A por uvas]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
People tend to have short time memories, this type of "bug" has been around when the children goes back to school every year.

Like I posted earlier I worked with the school system for 9 years, the first thing you learn is not to wear brand new shoes on the first weeks of school.

Because children will be throwing up on you.

It happens to me every school term and is just call a "bug".

But now is the best ammunition for the pushers of swine flu vaccine to use as a scare mongering.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Here is a local news link from Auburn-Opelika, AL.

Swine flu prompts school closings

In response to an apparent uptick of H1N1 cases, also known as swine flu, all Macon County Schools closed Thursday afternoon..........The Macon Public County School system is comprised of the Alternative Learning Center, Booker T. Washington High School, D.C. Wolfe School, George Washington Carver Elementary School, Lewis Adams School: Head start Program, Notasulga High School, Tuskegee institute and Tuskegee Public School.

Macon county is adjacent to Lee county in which Auburn University resides. It's not too far from your neck of the woods Marge. Seems like of the four papers I see in the area I live 2 of them had flu headlines yesterday. One was the Opelika-Auburn I linked to in the post, and the other was one of the local papers. I did notice while I was out and about yesterday that almost everywhere I went that handled cash had hand sanitizer next to the register.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yep, sick kids. We're doomed! It's all over but the crying. Why, this hasn't happened since... since... since... last year at this time!

My kids' school has a bunch of absences right now. My son even got to stay home one day. You get all these kids together in a crowded space and you get... contagion! A whole bunch of bugs that most kids simply aren't expecting. And of course, once a few kids get sent home, the rest start thinking "hey, maybe being sick is better than this place" and suddenly there's this sound of coughing echoing through the hallways.

It's a yearly cycle. It's not a pandemic. It's not even identified as swine flu yet. It's called kids getting a bug, and it's the way children's growing bodies become able to fight off disease throughout their life. The biggest disaster this will be is when the store shelves are devoid of chicken noodle soup. Oh, the horror!

Sheesh, talk about drama!

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
i've had the flu before and frankly don't see how this is any different....except for the fact that the people that have the vaccine have alot of money they stand to gain and that they are politically connected.

where's the vaccine for the regular flu that kills over 25,000 americans a year, why isn't this being reported as a bigger problem than H1N1? i feel like i'm either missing something here or the people are being fear-mongered into getting this particular vaccination.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
Your title is very misleading.This affects your credibility as a writer or whatever you want to call yourself from here on out. There is no proof that any of those children have H1N1. Your source clearly states that.So why would you tell people that there is a widespread pandemic H1N1 school outbreaks in Southern US ? Your title doesn't fit the source and the source doesn't fit your title. So this leads me to believe you are a very confused individual or you're a horrible writer that can't figure out how to correctly title your threads or you are begging for attention on this site or you're doing this on purpose for reasons unknown.Do you know what happens to the boy that cries wolf ? Awoooooooooooo

A) That is the name of the article and as per the ATS T&C is the way threads like this are supposed to be titled. Seriously, don't you know this? Did you not read the T&C when joining?

B) I do find it misleading but it's what the MSM is going to shove down our gullets. This is not the OP's fault for a misleading title. This swine flu is not that big of a deal - unless this man-made virus mutates and becomes something more dangerous - yet they will push the propaganda so hard and thick that people will think they have to get the vaccination or they will die.

The vaccine has been proven to be full of very bad things like oil and mercury and as far as I can tell is only there to either make you really sick or kill you.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

For some reason things in GA are not hyper out like other states, since the swine flu started to "spread" here we have been doing business as usual.

But hey you know how things are exploited so let see what happen next week.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

The are lots of different types of medical masks issued to medical staff, especially in a hospital. The low budget blue type papercloth medical masks issued to medical staff that you see in public are used for contact precautions and not airborne precautions. What's the differencee? When you are taking care of a patient with say MRSA of the nares, acenitobacter, or other bacterial infections when they cough or sneeze or if you get their urine or feces on you if they have some other type of infection from CONTACT. Airborne precautions use an N95 respirator mask which is designed specifically to keep out airborne disease that can go through your average medical mask. So no those cheap blue masks you see everyone wearing will not protect you from an airborne flu virus. You would need a specially fitted N95 respirator mask that is used in TB prevention.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Tell me why if 1000 people die in a year from H1N1, we have a pandemic. If 20,000 people in the US die in any given year, it's business as usual??

Does the government not know that people have memories, and know the difference between a pandemic, and regular flu season???

Maybe they are getting us ready for when they unleash it all out????

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

warren, I believe it was you that found the article about them calling H1N1, "The Children Flu". If so, then this is nothing more than the MSM controling information about something that happens every year. They are using a normal occurance to spread fear so that when it comes time for mass vaccinations, people will be fighting to be the first in line.

The media has done nothing but hyping this strain of flu. Pandemic, mutation, global innoculation; these terms are bandied about with such careless disregard to the effect it has on the populace.

It's media manipulation. Plain and simple. As another poster stated, this happens every year. Of course it does. Get a group of kids, who have had limited contact with each other for three months, together and you'll get them swapping bugs and viruses left and right.

Good post. If we can keep the light on the hypocracy and sheer manipulation that they are trying to play on us, we can stay ahead of their little games.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I live in a county(Macon) in Alabama where the school board shut down all the schools in the county I wrote a thread about it here:www.abovetopsecret.com...
It's supposably spreading like wild fire here in Alabama.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by joe82]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by joe82

can you post news reports on this or is it not in the news?

thanks!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Sorry b i misunderstood things i guess what I said should be directed to the people from the site of your source. Once again I'm sorry and misunderstood things and where they were coming from sometimes I see the headlines and get pissed after I dig into it a little and thanks looney for pointing this out.sorry if I rubbed anybody the wrong way and I'll definitely learn from this. With that being said the source is horrible and doesn't back up the title of their article with fact which just proves the bulls# of the msm and their ways of trying to fool people. Peace.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Good catch for spotting this article, OP. Something tells me, though, that this is more propaganda than reality.

First, the language is sensationalist. One thing that sets my BS filter going is the use of scary words. "Widespread pandemic" is silly. A pandemic is already a widespread illness. It means, basically, an illness that is among all the people. That's automatically widespread.

But the second part of this is that this outbreak is among 122 kids in Camden Country. An outbreak in a single county in the US is not what I'd call a "widespread pandemic". I'd call it a "localized outbreak".

"So it begins"? So *what* begins? There's a good chance this flu won't be much worse than any other flu. But let's say the worst happens, it turns out to be as bad as the Great Influenza Pandemic. OK. Your odds of surviving are still better than 99%. Sure, I'm not wild about having close to a 1 in 100 chance of dying of flu (or anything else), but let's face it - almost all of us will survive, even if it goes totally nasty.

I'm certainly not trying to trivialize this problem, or to pretend it isn't important. I'm just trying to put it into perspective. We sometimes lose sight of that, when we get a series of bad news items in a row, when it seems like the whole world is about to implode.

Almost all of us are going to make it through this flu. Keep that in mind.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

This may be the South, but we do know what thermometers are. Temps of over 100 will get you sent to the md.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Sure thing my friend here's a few:
www.wsfa.com... eoCatNoB=97608&topVideoCatNoC=153813&topVideoCatNoD=92106&topVideoCatNoE=95084&clipId=4063801&topVideoCatNo=14994&autoStart=truewww.wsfa.com... opVideoCatNoC=153813&topVideoCatNoD=92106&topVideoCatNoE=95084&clipId=4063801&topVideoCatNo=14994&autoStart=truewww.wsfa.com... 3813&topVideoCatNoD=92106&topVideoCatNoE=95084&clipId=4063801&topVideoCatNo=14994&autoStart=true
The links could be the same page, if so there's a couple more videos about it.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
Good catch for spotting this article, OP. Something tells me, though, that this is more propaganda than reality...First, the language is sensationalist. Almost all of us are going to make it through this flu. Keep that in mind.

I think you're missing the OP's point. Warrenb is not trying to spread panic or spread propaganda. The OP is pointing out that the propaganda and fear-mongering is starting to be pushed by someone for purposes not yet known.

Warrenb is telling you that the flood of dizinformatia is starting to emerge. The issue is not the actual issue but the hype surrounding it. He (I assume) is warning you that the lies are starting to fly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join