It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assistance requested deciphering a new 'visitor' at my house

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Would you consider doing a house cleansing ritual?

I've just googled it and there are several sites with advice on how to do it. It mostly involves using candles, incense and / or salt and doing some visualisation. That should rid the place of negative energies.

I've suffered terribly with night terrors. There's a homeopathic remedy - Belladonna - that helped me a lot.

You just take a couple of tablets before going to bed, being careful not to eat or drink anything (or brushing your teeth) 20 minutes either side of taking them.

They're not addictive and there should be no side effects. Since you can never tell when you are going to have an 'episode' it's best to take the remedy every night.

All this should cover you for the two possible problems I could pick up from your post.

I note that you say it's not a sleep disorder, but I'm thinking that the belladonna might make you less receptive to whatever is disturbing your sleep.

If you don't feel confident enough to do a cleansing ritual yourself, you could probably find a professional to do it for you but you'd have to be aware that they are not all genuine.

If it were me, I'd be inclined to do as much as I could for myself first.

I hope you are able to get helpful advice here, if not mine then maybe someone else's.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by berenike]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

It's not a sleep disorder.

Words have meaning, and what you report is, on its face, a sleep disorder. You are woken up from dreams by muscular activity, the dreams disturb you, and elements of the dreams persist into what you believe to be waking consciousness, which also disturbs you.

The question is not whether you have a sleep disorder, but whether there is a medical cause for your sleep disorder. I am not qualified to determine that, nor are you qualified to determine that. There are healthcare professionals who are qualified.

To suggest that you consult with one is a reasonable reply in a thread "requesting assistance." If you don't want to do that, then that's fine. I'm not your mother.

However, if you post debatable arguments for not going, e.g. another family member has the same symptoms, or that your sleep is not disordered despite your description of it, then you ought not to be surprised that debate continues.

<< 1   >>

join