It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New FL cryptid? - The "Muck Monster"??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Something has been showing up in the lagoon in Lake Worth FL. So far unknown and they are dubbing it the "Muck Monster"

Story and vid at the link below...

St range sea creature dubbed 'Muck Monster'

Thomas Reinert a Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission Marine Biologist studied the video and said: "This appears to be one animal moving in this direction…nothing's breaking the surface. Typically dolphins break the surface, sea turtles, manatee, a large school of fish, if it were a shark at that level you would see a fin."

"I cant definitely say what it is." "I can speculate but we need more evidence to determine the identity of the Lake Worth muck monster," said Reinert.

"We spend a lot of time out here on the water and seen a lot of different creatures out here and this is the first time in three and half years that I’ve ever seen anything out here that didn't know what it was," Reynolds said.

So what does ATS think it is? Manatee maybe? From the wake it seems to be fairly large.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I tend not to think cryptid when I look at aquatic life, but rather unrecorded species simply because we only know like 20% of whats under the water. This 'muck monster' is obviously some type of fish, whale or other marine animal.

The video is not clear enough to make out what sort of animal it might be though. From the way it's swimming, I would say it's something that needs to surface to breathe, the nose is probably breaking the surface. Could be a gator, turtle or something like that.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Most likely some kind of plesiosaur. I kid of course. It is hard to tell what it could be from the video. It is interesting that it didn't break the surface. It made me wonder if perhaps it is a sturgeon or other large fish.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
jeez guys its just a turtle or some other lake creature...good lord "new species"?! wow...people really ARE searching for something in life...its more and more clear as i read all the posts on this site...and each time its been proven to be an anti-climactic answer...then they all just move onto the next tidbit of paranormal threading....sigh.

Over and Over and Over it plays out like some beat to death syndicated program......and people still raise up and immediately post stars and flags and all these absurd explanations that usually defy every known mathematical/sociological explanation we know of....yet they cling...yet they cling.

wow...see now what i just said is THE best topic to expound on...the seemingly endless breadth of human ridiculousness and the subsequent hangers-on to such third-party madness.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by William One Sac

LOL really?! guy? a friggin plesiosaur(sp)? and said without a silly face emoticon?! are you serious?!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Man this could have been anything, and I mean that, anything. Local news trying to make something out of nothing.

Not worth the time to watch the video.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

Of course I am serious. If it isn't a plesiosaur, the most likely possibility is some kind of man - alligator hybrid.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Chez
I tend not to think cryptid when I look at aquatic life, but rather unrecorded species simply because we only know like 20% of whats under the water. This 'muck monster' is obviously some type of fish, whale or other marine animal.

Barring the possibility that it is a known species that hasn't shown itself well enough to be identified, your hypothesis about it being an unrecorded species is quite logical. New species are found quite often from what I understand. I have even heard of species that were once thought to have been extinct to be found still alive.
Link: New Species

I have a friend that lives in the Ocala National Forest in Florida who on more than one occasion and with other witnesses has seen a large creature in a small closed lake with no connecting waterways. Florida does have a vast aquifer system however that may serve as a means of movement for creatures like this assuming there is an opening into the body of water.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
reply to post by William One Sac

LOL really?! guy? a friggin plesiosaur(sp)? and said without a silly face emoticon?! are you serious?!

This is an interesting article. And you sir, need to chill out because the mod said 'I kid' immediately afterwards...lol

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I read this and recalled an episode of the SyFy show "Fact or Faked" where they did an episode near Jupiter, Florida about a "Muck Monster".

Muck Monster

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The link no longer shows a video

new topics

top topics

join