It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah Readies for War as UN Peacekeepers Can Only Observe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Dude, you have got to be kidding...................

The UN allowed hezbolla terrorists to drive up to their post, set up rockets, fire them into Israel and only radioed in when Israel counter attacked the location that fired rockets.

The UN is less than useless.

BTW, part of the peace deal to end the second war that hezbolla started was to disarm them and move them away from the border.........

We can all see how well that was done also....

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

I'm not an Israeli apologist. That would require me to apologise for them. I don't apologise for Israelis, I support them. I think they're the good guys. See the difference?

The fact that I defend Israelis against some of the most vicious attacks on these forums does not infer that I harbour ill will towards Palestinians or Muslims. The two simply don't equate and if you think they do you are making base and simplistic judgements against me.

As far as I'm concerned the conflict is not between Israelis and Palestinians, Jews and Muslims, or whatever. It's bigger than that. It's between liberalism and totalitarianism. It's between tolerance and intolerance. It's between systems of governance and society - democracy verses totalitarianism. That's what this conflict has always been about.

Should Palestinians get a better deal? Yes. Should the UNRWA camps be dismantled and the refugees be given homes and jobs? Yes. Should Palestinians have the freedom to run their own lives? Of course. Should we be building bridges and tolerance between these two different cultures? Hell yes.

Who do I trust to facilitate that? A liberal, free democracy that cares for its weakest members and respects its minorities, or a totalitarian state run by the most powerful and the most ruthless?

At the moment I have the freedom to say "I support Israel". Just as others have the freedom to say "I support Hezbollah". I respect other peoples' right to hold and express opinions - although I also have the right to (politely) challenge or debate them - and I would like to see that reciprocated. And I would like to live in a world where it's okay have controversial opinions without worrying about being threatened, silenced or ridiculed.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

No I'm not, they are very effective. They didn't attack the israelis either in that incident, they're not there to fight. If they would be they would only be 3rd party in a conflict between 2 hostile forces and that would be totally insane.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

yes its disgusting that israel attacks a sovereign nation without just cause or reason , and commits war crimes by using outlawed chemcail weapons.

they ealrnt well from hitler how to treat people.

the day the true jews throw out the zionists in israel will be a day for celebration.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

You mean, of course, Counter Attacking, the hezbolla terrorists attacks.

That said, since the peace keepers-pffff- do nothing but observe, they are no more useful than a news crew.
(actually less useful, a news crew would at least film the terrorists setting up and firing rockets into Israel)

No, seriously, what good are they doing???

They allow the hezbolla terrorists to drive up to their post, setup and launch rockets into Israel and do nothing until Israel "COUNTER" attacks where the rockets came from.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join