It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah Readies for War as UN Peacekeepers Can Only Observe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Hezbollah Readies for War as UN Peacekeepers Can Only Observe

www.bloomberg.com

Aug. 21 (Bloomberg) -- In a Lebanese village 10 miles west of the Israeli border, black-capped Hezbollah militiamen stand guard in front of a suspected weapons cache.

Even though they are unarmed, their presence deters United Nations peacekeepers from approaching the house in Khirbet Silim, preventing the UN troops from fulfilling their mission, which is to stop Hezbollah from rearming.

“The UN can’t just come around here and go into people’s houses,” said Rassan Salim, a municipal official in the village and a Hezbollah militia member. “Our weapons are to defend Lebanon.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Is that all these guys know...get more weapons? Who's this enemy they allege is a threat to Lebanon? Why is Hezbollah permitted to pick and chose the laws it will abide by and the ones it will not?

Why do the Lebanese permit a man to lead them into wars who doesn't even live in Lebanon, but remains safe and secure in Syria...while the Lebanonese risk relentless bombardment from Israel?

www.bloomberg.com

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88

Is that all these guys know...get more weapons? Who's this enemy they allege is a threat to Lebanon? Why is Hezbollah permitted to pick and chose the laws it will abide by and the ones it will not?

Why do the Lebanese permit a man to lead them into wars who doesn't even live in Lebanon, but remains safe and secure in Syria...while the Lebanonese risk relentless bombardment from Israel?

If you had israel as your neighbour i think you would be the same.. They have the right to defend them selfs. And why wouldnt the people of lebanon turn to Hezbollah, when there own westernised government are to chicken # to stand up for them.

www.bloomberg.com

If you had israel as your neighbour i think you would be the same.. They have the right to defend them selfs. And why wouldnt the people of lebanon turn to Hezbollah, when there own westernised government are to chicken # to stand up for them.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Ignorance Denied]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

For the most part Lebanon doesn't care about the Palestinians.. if the Israeli's would keep the death at the border.

Ever since the Israeli Lebanon war it became very clear.. Lebanese government is petrified of both Israel and Hezbollah .. they cannot confront either one.. they get caught in the crossfire.. After the war Lebanon tried to bring down militias them selves by attacking the camps, and it ended up being a bloody fight.. their army isn't as good as Israels. So it looks like they will be stuck between a rock and a hard place while the moronic UN "Peace Keepers" chillax watching the scene and the international community turns a blind eye to the fact that Lebanon is, unlike Palestine, a Sovereign Nation.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance Denied

Hezbollah has no plan for the Lebanese people...just a war that will probably never materialize. I've heard all the stories concerning Israel's violence, but it's not plausible to expect much of conflict other than the one they themselves manufacture.

Hezbollah is a one trick pony and should be spending that money on structural improvements instead of weapons. I am just saying.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It'll be interesting to see how this one develops. UNIFIL haven't been able to enforce resolution 1701 because they're not a fighting force, and I doubt the "international community" would react favourably to the blue berets starting a full blown armed conflict (which they'd probably stand no chance of winning). When it comes to actually enforcing anything the UN has a loud bark and no bite.

What are Hezb up to I wonder? I can't believe they're acting independently. Is this part of Iran's game to deter an Israeli strike? Or Syria putting pressure on Israel to strengthen its bargaining power over the Golans? Or to restrict future Israeli operations against Hamas with the threat of having to fight on two fronts?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Would that be the UN that allowed Hezbolla terrorists to drive up to their site, set up rocket launchers and launch into Israel.

After the expected counter attack to the Terrorist's attack, then and only then do the UN cowards say anything.

They are less than useless and Israel knows this.

They are all to aware only Israel will defend Israel.

Until the Un actually does anything to remove weapons from the terrorists, like they were supposed to as the peace agreement to end the 2nd war that Hezbolla brought onto Lebanon.

Hezbolla has the choice.........

They can be everyones hero's, move their terrorist and weapons away from the border and create peace or at least lack of war.

or

they can continue to bring terrorists and weapons to the border and bring a third devastating war to Lebanon.

The choice is entirely there's, hero's or murdering terrorists, what shall it be???

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I doubt Hezbollah is planning an offensive against Israel.

Yet tactically if Israel ever decides to make good on it's threat of a preemptive strike on Iran there is every chance that groups like Hezbollah may counter attack.

Of course for Israel that means attacking them first as part of an operation against Iran.

Of course for Hezbollah it means being prepared for such a contingency.

The chicken and the egg argument is an endless one, whether it's Israel that propels the violence, Islamic extremists who propel the violence, or the Military Industrial and Espionage Cartels that propel the violence is really mute when you get down to the simple fact...

THAT THE MIDDLE EAST IS JUST ONE VERY VIOLENT PLACE...

It's a terrible place to call home for that reason and the exodus of locals into Europe is a direct result of the Middle East's volatile nature.

As long as religion remains a divisive and identifying factor amongst ALL parties in the region, the tinder box for conflict will remain.

As long as the 'two wrongs make a right' mindset remains amongst ALL parties in the region, the tinder box for conflict will remain.

If the West stops arming Israel, and the East stops arming the Islamists there is a far better chance they will all learn to get along by necessity.

As long as all sides to the conflict have a flow of weapons and money sooner or later one side or the other is bound to use them.

The chicken or the egg argument is stupid.

Taking the toys away from the children constantly engaged in the argument is smart.

If only the religious collection plate stopped at the aisles of the churches, synagogues and mosques.

Sadly it doesn't.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by IDK88
"Why is Hezbollah permitted to pick and chose the laws it will abide by and the ones it will not?"

The exact same thing could be said of Isreal.

Have a wonderful day

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
well if israel wantingly commit war crimes , then i would arm myself in self defence

hezbollah terrorists? only 5 countries in the world say that 1 is israel and other there lap dogs , the USA - so get with reality here.

lebonese government scared of them? hell no - they supply them for defending there country and kicking israel out.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

There's quite a lot of Russian hardware out there too, you know. While you're correct that the instability in the region is due to the ever increasing advancement and procurement of lethal weaponry on all sides, I think your view on the history of the region is somewhat imbalanced and strangely anti-US.

You seem to have forgotten the effect that two World Wars and the Cold War have had on the region, which are the main reasons we're in the situation we are in today.

One thing intrigues me though - I wonder what will happen to the region once the world weans itself off Arab oil? We're seeing huge advances in off-shore drilling now, I saw a documentary the other night about a new oil rig that can drill 4 kilometres underwater - incredible!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

don`t worry they just burn of natural gas in north dakota anyway....

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Show me a country that doesn't commit war crimes. Especially in the Middle East. At least Israel goes to lengths to avoid civilian casualties. Most of the countries and armed groups there do not even make a distinction.

So why do you always apply such double standards when it comes to Israel? Seriously, I'd really like to know.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

At least Israel goes to lengths to avoid civilian casualties

utter bollocks.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Not a single person was killed from white phosphorus in the Gaza incursion. Not one.

And white phosphorus is used by every modern army as a smoke screen.

The US also used it in Fallujah (when they levelled the city).

So again, why do you judge Israel by separate standards?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Matt I was born in the United States of America to parents born in the United States of America and the United States of America is in fact the United States Constitution.

How the individual governments interpret the constitution and conduct foreign policy is not the United States. The United States is the Constitution and the citizens.

For various reasons that is no longer politically correct, and the word politics though highlights how once politicians get involved that things that are wrong constitutionally become 'correct' because politicians find some individual benefit to them.

The reality is that the U.S. Constitution was violated and discarded in 1861 at the onset of the Civil War and the U.S. has operated as a De Facto Emergency War Time Government and Corporation ever since.

Had their actually been a Constitutional Government in place the U.S. would never have entered World War I or World War II, nor would Japan have had any reason to attack us at Pearl Harbor because of how the U.S. Empire our Constitutional Founders never wanted to exist was choking off their oil supply.

Our Forefathers did not want us to have an empire, take sides in foreign conflicts or fight wars of aggression but to simply defend our own naturally well defended borders that include two imposing oceans on the west and east, and much more sparsely populated nations on the North and the South.

In reality no I am not anti-U.S. but our politicians beholden to the Military Industrial Complex and the Banking Cartels are anti-U.S. and have been for so long it has created a distorted image of what the U.S. really is, ought to be and should be.

I am in reality simply one of the last of the Mohicans so to speak. A purist who doesn't buy into all the propaganda based on fear and panic
and greed.

I am a true American who sees real value in actually following the U.S. Constitution as opposed to just saying "well we have a Constitution".

Russia like China is the East and yes they are all part of the Military Industrial Complex.

Yet more importantly and much more significantly friend Matt I am first and foremost a human being and I hold no allegiance to any G-d or Government but instead to the ideal that we are all human beings who are all equal in value and should be treated so.

I don't wish death or suffering on any human being anywhere, even those who have caused me harm at some point in life for the reality is they have caused me no real harm as 'that which does not kill me only serves to make me stronger'.

I am strong, a strong mind, a strong heart, and a strong soul. I no sooner want to see one Israeli harmed as I do want to see one Lebanese harmed.

Everyone should have the right to lead a peaceful, productive and healthy life but whether people agree or not, it gets so much easier to deny one's self and others that chance when you have a rifle in your hand and lethal force at your disposal with the push of a button.

Those who lack patience, ingenuity, compassion, empathy, and are unbalanced by fear, anger, lust or greed are all to easily tempted by a squeeze the trigger push a button solution that in centuries and centuries of total warfare the deaths of hundreds of millions of valuable human beings through violence has yet to solve one, count them one problem.

The actual U.S. Constitution was written by men escaping that reality in Europe who had watched Europe live and die by the sword for often hypocritical and false reasons for centuries and they really didn't want it for our nation.

It's why they didn't want us choosing sides and favoring one foreign nation over the other with arms and money which is of course simply leads to making enemies by becoming friends with someone's enemy as opposed to just being friends to everyone by saying not our argument, you two figure it out, we do have some Coca Cola for sale though if you would like to buy some!

It's why our founders wanted Church and State separated because much of Europe's violence as you know was over religion. Jews being persecuted in Inquisitions, infidels being burnt at the stake, the wholesale slaughter of those who would not follow Papal edicts out of Rome are all things the Founding Fathers did not want.

Oh Matt how your own people (the Jews) have suffered as a result.

Yet violence isn't the answer, it's the problem. You buy a gun and the person who imagines you are a threat to them buys a gun too. You both start to argue over something you disagree on, no one can win the argument so bang, bang.

The argument didn't go away though, just that one debater!

Yes Matt I am a real American a politically incorrect 'terrorist' by governmental definition that views the U.S. Constitution and those who cherish it's principals as an impediment to the Military Industrial Complex and Corporate Global Empire.

I am a dreamer who wants to see everyone live in peace, and a pragmatist that knows most people don't really want to live in peace if it's not a world according to how they want to see it ordered.

I am against regimentation, which is why I hold no allegiance to any G-d or Government.

I am pro-humanity and pro-peace and advocate for peace, and against war and those who see war as a convenient method to silence debaters and are too diminished in their wisdom to understand that alone never wins the argument.

Let me put it to you this way Matt had Hitler succeeded in wiping out every Jew on earth, at some point in the future, some one would have stumbled across what the Jews believed, an Old Testament, a Torah, a Talmud and said, hey this is me, I like the way these people think, it makes sense, and the argument would have been reborn.

You see friend Matt bullets don't kill ideals, they just kill people.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

not 1? thats the words of israel

try the hospitals full of burns victimes , and of the victimes of the israeli DIME used in blanket bombing.

and i am still at the for front of calls for the USA to be tried for crimes against humanity for using WP in total breach of the CCWC and using it as an WMD

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

A star for you! I long for the day when my country kicks those racist criminals to the proverbial curb. God's chosen people have an unquenchable blood lust.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by IDK88

For the most part Lebanon doesn't care about the Palestinians.. if the Israeli's would keep the death at the border.

I beg to differ as lebanon have several huge palestinian refugee camps... if they didnt care, they wouldnt be there would they..

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I 'believe" he meant as far as going to war in their name.

Also as far as allowing terrorists hezbolla troops and weapons to be on another countries border until they have no choice but to distroy the terrorists and weapons before they attack... again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join