It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion Rocks Grozny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

BULLETIN -- EXPLOSION ROCKS GROZNY.

From BNO News twitter.com... (this link will not work when they update the news site)

Looking everywhere for more news but none as of yet, will post as soon as I get something.

[edit on 21/8/09 by freemindmine]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Yesterday it was a plane that crashed...that didn't.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
Yesterday it was a plane that crashed...that didn't.

What do you mean by that? I am only posting what the site is saying, I know members like to get breaking news fast and that why I posted it, I don't understand your post?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
This is the only update I can find so far.

A large explosion has rocked Grozny, the capital of Russia's republic of Chechnya, according to Reuters. No further details at this point.

I'm watching as well.

New update:

A suicide bomber detonated himself outside a shop in Grozny, injuring at least two people, according to the RIA Novosti news agency.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by LeaderOfProgress]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by freemindmine

I'm just pointing out that yesterday, someone posted a BNO news report that a passenger plane crashed somewhere, but it apparently wasn't true since there's nothing about it anywhere else. I tried to find the thread but failed.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress
This is the only update I can find so far.

A large explosion has rocked Grozny, the capital of Russia's republic of Chechnya, according to Reuters. No further details at this point.

I'm watching as well.

New update:

A suicide bomber detonated himself outside a shop in Grozny, injuring at least two people, according to the RIA Novosti news agency.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by LeaderOfProgress]

Yea me too, I guess it not a big story then, Can't find it anywhere else yet.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

Aren't all planes that crash "passenger" planes. Anyways planes crash every day that are not reported on MSM outlets. As long as it is not a comercial liner then to most of the world it is not a big deal.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I'm just pointing out that yesterday, someone posted a BNO news report that a passenger plane crashed somewhere, but it apparently wasn't true since there's nothing about it anywhere else. I tried to find the thread but failed.

I posted it, are you saying the BNO is a hoax site?
I only post what it says to tell members then take it from there.
I see nothing wrong in doing that, after all we could catch some story's that much faster, instead of waiting for the MSM

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
More from BNO...........
BULLETIN -- FOUR MORE EXPLOSIONS ROCK GROZNY.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Well your semantics are very clever! But you might not be aware that people commonly call commercial airliners passenger planes. So let me rephrase for you--they reported that a commercial airliner crashed, that didn't. Ok?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

No, I'm not suggesting you've done anything wrong. I'm repeating myself--I simply pointed out that yesterday a report of a commercial airliner crash from them turned out to be false. Believe, be skeptical, I don't care.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Well your semantics are very clever! But you might not be aware that people commonly call commercial airliners passenger planes. So let me rephrase for you--they reported that a commercial airliner crashed, that didn't. Ok?

And you know one didn't because? Doubt you were there or you wouldn't be contributing to the forum. Semantics are everything. So many people use generalized and improper english to relay information. I become some what anal about the details because miscommunication is a big problem in the world right now. This discussion is off topic. The information he posted is being updated. It shows to be reported from 2 news sites on twitter itself. No need in trying to kill a thread just because the MSM did not cover something before.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

No, I'm not suggesting you've done anything wrong. I'm repeating myself--I simply pointed out that yesterday a report of a commercial airliner crash from them turned out to be false. Believe, be skeptical, I don't care.

I hear what you are saying but I think all BNO is reporting on storys breaking all over the world that are not in the msm, so they will pick up wrong info sometimes but that the chance we take when the news comes in so fast.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I agree. That's all I was saying.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
More BNO..........

At least four police officers have been killed after five suspected suicide bombers detonated themselves in Grozny - Interfax.

There's a bit in the headlines on this site but that all I can see,
www.interfax.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Of for crying out loud, I'm not trying to kill the thread, look at how many times I've contributed! Your assertion that I had to be there to know whether an airliner crashed or not is silly. It the story were true it would be all over the news. As far as I can tell, it's been pulled from BNO, but don't quote me on that.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Not all planes are "passenger" planes. When the term "passenger" is used, that means that the plane is used primarily for carrying people. It is likely to be carrying hundreds of people, unless it happens to be fairly empty at the time (which is rare, in order to save fuel). Passenger planes can also carry far fewer people. For example, a Lear Jet might only carry a handful of folks.

Cargo planes, on the other hand, are used primarily to carry material goods, "cargo". They'll have crew aboard to fly the plane, but they are not being used primarily to carry passengers, so they are referred to as cargo planes.

Then you have military planes, which carry military people and hardware.

So no, not all planes are passenger planes.

top topics

join