It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of Choices, But do you even take one?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
You find yourself waking up one morning.

It's a wednesday. Around 9:00 am, wherever you are.

You walk outside, a man dressed in a Armani suit and tie, everything, Rolex watch.

He looks at you, as your struck to see him there. Figuring he must of been there for a while waiting for you to walk out there, maybe a little scared.

He says to you "I have a time machine, and I am offering you a choice. A choice for your life. You can go back in time, and Change one thing, and return, with the new life you have changed." "You also have option two, You can go back in time, and live there, knowing, what you know now."

Would you accept it, would you decline it?

If you accept it, which one do you accept?

If you accept one, why on earth, would you accept that one?

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
hi republican,

thats a very cool question that takes a good bit of thinking!!...........

i have to say that everything here has got so damn depressing in the last few years, that i would certainly not want to go back and live it again at all.

Knowing of all the wars and suffering thats going on would be very hard to deal with again.

Going back to make a change would be my option, but im not sure what i would change though.

Maybe averting the death of JFK could have had a great outcome. Nikola Teslas work was hidden away by the US Governement , so maybe changing this would be a good idea.

Thats my initial thoughts.....cool question though , S&F.

PS - why cant we have option 3 and go FORWARD!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I would ask him why is he asking in the first place

then tell him the choice was always his and never mine...

Understanding the question not the outcome you see?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Thats an interesting although very difficult question!

My personal philosophy is that everything that happens in life happens for a reason. I've been through some very difficult times in my life but they've made me the person I am today.

I wouldn't be as strong or knowledgable without experiencing the hardships I've been through.

So that means that if I went back in time and changed something then I would be contradicting my own theories.

However, it would be so tempting! Strangely enough if I could go back in time and change something it wouldn't be something for me. It would be for someone that I love.

Going back in time and knowing what I know now would be interesting but if you think about it you wouldn't really be living would you? More so just repeating a part of your life.

You also would never be able to say what you know now to others in the past otherwise you'll probably be kidnapped by the military

For example you couldn't tell people about 9/11 etc

In answer to your question I'd probably go back in time and change something for someone.

However, you have to remember one simple change no matter how small could affect the rest of your life. I could go back, change something and it could mean that I wouldn't be here now typing this reply in the future.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: Starred and Flagged!

1] Yes I would accept!

2] I would take option No#2!
3] I would accept option No#2 because it allows me to make more than 1 change to the timeline and Stalin said quantity has a quality all of its own! and I agree
I would totally ignore any emotional pining for my own past/future? memories and get on with the job of changing history literally!

Personal Disclosure: As much as I would miss my current G/F I would not hesitate at all to go! I've been planning just where and when and what knowledge I would take back with me and what languages and life preserving cultural knowledge I would need to learn to survive and thrive!

new topics

top topics

join