It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War has been declared in Australia.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Theres Violence Everywhere, The Whole World Needs Help And We All Need To Come Together But At Least Your Aware And You Know This World Isnt Fine.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
But I know for a fact that blasting that stuff all over the TV and newspapers isn't going to help people be more tolerant.

Why is it assumed that we should be more tolerant? I have never even been to Australia, but all of us in the New World face similar situations. Perhaps the answer is that we should all be much, much less tolerant. Less tolerant of misbehavior. Less tolerant of violence. Less tolerant of drunkeness and drug abuse. And when these problems are centered in certain communities, they should be addressed right there, where they exist.

I can tell you that many of us in the States have no more tolerance for tolerance. What we have is a colorblind acceptance and agreement of what is right and what is wrong, and we are not afraid to confront those who are wrong.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by lifecitizen

Surely you are not talking to me. Nothing you said even remotely addresses the point I was making. Talk about bs.

Better still....I think I have made three posts in this thread other than this one. I strongly recommend you get a feel for what someone is saying, before you come in with a bunch of holier-than-thou-judgmental comments, speaking to a post of which you obviously have no knowledge.
You might save yourself from a little embarrestment later. Pop top.

[edit on 8/23/0909 by ladyinwaiting]

I heard what you were saying- and understood your sentiments- but you were making out like we dont have laws in place, juvies etc- and we are protected as much as you guys are- saying we are having 'real problems' with our indigenous folk when you have no real understanding at all about how our country is run, or the problems our indigenous folk have, made your entire post sound like an outsiders view that has no clue about what is or what isnt going on-
If you lived here and understood how things are I might have shown your posts more respect.

I'm allowed to speak out against my fellow countrymen when they are trying to make out the only problems we have in Oz are from the indigenous folk- that is wrong and racist- yes in some places they are a problem, for reasons me and others in this thread have tried to get across- but no way are they any more violent than any other members of our society and to single them out is just wrong.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
people here in america carry guns...legally...alot of that crap gets stopped real quick...maybe having carry permits given out to law-abiding people might help

Yeah everyone running around shooting everyone like what happens in the states is the answer

You guys have a problem with firearms, nowhere in the world (well besides the middle East) do shoot outs happen on such a regular basis as in America.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
Anyone doubting what the OP is saying should see the film "Once Were Warriors", might shed things in a different light. I know most Americans only know the Crocodile Dundee version of Australia.

'Once were Warriors' is a New Zealand film, not Australian?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Actually, I was moreless responding to the comments of other OZ posters.
I have had experience in solving social problems in cities and communities, and I was simply tossing out some ideas. Take them or leave them, but there they are and they can be very effective.

The last thing I was implying is that the US doesn't have issues with violence. We certainly do. All countries do. It goes without saying.
Every community must find their own solutions, and determine the causal factors. Then figure out the best way to fix it. I was merely making some suggestions. Some strategies work even when it is a different country. There are ways to work with law enforcement, and city administrators, who generally find relief once a solution has been found, and typically are very instrumental in finding solutions, and are more than willing to work with community members by participating in a Task Force. Without their involvement you are dead in the water.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Damn, thats a pickle...

Maybe vigilante groups are the answer -

I agree with the guns though, even though most gun owners are responsible ones here.
Put guns in the mix and the criminals will get them, source on much of our crime...

[edit on 23-8-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Actually, I was moreless responding to the comments of other OZ posters.
I have had experience in solving social problems in cities and communities, and I was simply tossing out some ideas. Take them or leave them, but there they are and they can be very effective.

The last thing I was implying is that the US doesn't have issues with violence. We certainly do. All countries do. It goes without saying.
Every community must find their own solutions, and determine the causal factors. Then figure out the best way to fix it. I was merely making some suggestions. Some strategies work even when it is a different country. There are ways to work with law enforcement, and city administrators, who generally find relief once a solution has been found, and typically are very instrumental in finding solutions, and are more than willing to work with community members by participating in a Task Force. Without their involvement you are dead in the water.

I know you were responding to what other [Aussie] posters are saying, but what they're saying is bs- yes Aboriginals have problems- but no they're not soley responsible for escalating violence in our country- that is a sign of the times and is a totally separate issue-

We do have people in the community going in to bat and working alongside our law enforcement but I do understand what you're saying and I apologise for coming across the way I have.

[edit spell arror]

[edit on 23-8-2009 by lifecitizen] [and another one
]

[edit on 23-8-2009 by lifecitizen][ 3rd time lucky
]

[edit on 23-8-2009 by lifecitizen]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Apology accepted. I hope all goes well in your country. In all our countries.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Apology accepted. I hope all goes well in your country. In all our countries.

thanks mate
yes in ALL our countries...I do get uppity! but people spreading stories that just aren't true really annoys me (reference to my fellow countrymen, not you)
OP making out all the violence in his city is from one sector of our society alone pees me off especially when they're on the www- gawd you guys probably have visions of our Indigenous folk chasing us around in loin clothes with boomerangs and spears

If I had more time right now I would go find news articles about the violence in Perth not being [one] race related but I just ran out, maybe later.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
OP making out all the violence in his city is from one sector of our society alone pees me off

OP was not making out that at all, you're knee jerk reactions just assumed it.

OP made a valid and pertinent claim. There is an abhorrent one sidedness to the sort of crime the OP pointed out here, in this city.

I guess you live in a more affluent part of society, where you only hear about the day to day happenings of others.

Good for you.

gawd you guys probably have visions of our Indigenous folk chasing us around in loin clothes with boomerangs and spears

Damned if we do, damned if we dont, eh?

Either theyre with us, or we're against them, right?

Cant have Aborigines who want to live customary lifestyles, no... No boomerangs and kangaroo tail meat for them. No living in traditional situations. LIVE IN A HOUSE OR ELSE! EAT MACDONALDS OR ELSE..

Then..

Oh you whites force them to abandon their culture, their lifestyles, YOU RACIST BASTARDS!!!! Pst Pthooey!

yes, no boomerangs and spears...

My cousins dad once said, as we all sat out the back around a bonfire "It's funny, all you white fellas are out here sitting around the fire having a yarn, and all the black fellas are inside playing on the nintendo."

If I had more time right now I would go find news articles about the violence in Perth not being [one] race related but I just ran out, maybe later.

Oh you will indeed find a bit. But the temerity of the attitude of a certain culture, is astounding - unless you wear rose coloured goggles and want flowers and weeds to exist happily.. Sadly, no one but you lives in your world.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Star, and flag to the OP. I'm obviously not from Oz, but my gawd, I am in shock. It is too bad they took ya'lls guns. Sounds like the govt. there needs replacing!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

OP making out all the violence in his city is from one sector of our society alone pees me off

OP was not making out that at all, you're knee jerk reactions just assumed it.

OP made a valid and pertinent claim. There is an abhorrent one sidedness to the sort of crime the OP pointed out here, in this city.

I guess you live in a more affluent part of society, where you only hear about the day to day happenings of others.

Good for you.

gawd you guys probably have visions of our Indigenous folk chasing us around in loin clothes with boomerangs and spears

Damned if we do, damned if we dont, eh?

Either theyre with us, or we're against them, right?

Cant have Aborigines who want to live customary lifestyles, no... No boomerangs and kangaroo tail meat for them. No living in traditional situations. LIVE IN A HOUSE OR ELSE! EAT MACDONALDS OR ELSE..

Then..

Oh you whites force them to abandon their culture, their lifestyles, YOU RACIST BASTARDS!!!! Pst Pthooey!

yes, no boomerangs and spears...

My cousins dad once said, as we all sat out the back around a bonfire "It's funny, all you white fellas are out here sitting around the fire having a yarn, and all the black fellas are inside playing on the nintendo."

Oh you will indeed find a bit. But the temerity of the attitude of a certain culture, is astounding - unless you wear rose coloured goggles and want flowers and weeds to exist happily.. Sadly, no one but you lives in your world.

No, others live in my world too- and they posted in this thread

You seem to assume a bit from my posts- ie where and how I live- if you read the thread I've already said there are quite a few Indigenous folk where I live and they cause no more trouble than the non Indigenous folk do- and I'm a minimalist so you can save the word affluent for someone else

Perth has a problem with the youth culture of drinking and violence, I'm not saying that isn't true, what I'm saying is it is unfair to blame that all on the Indigenous folk - that's all - and that I can understand their disallusionment these people are lost and need our support, they are still treated differently and poorly and I'm just sorry you can't see that.

You can think I live in an ivory tower, I have no control over that but just so you know I've had my run ins with out of control Indigenous people, they can scare me at times but so do out of control white people *shrugs*

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
OP was not making out that at all

whoops forgot this bit- have you even read this thread????? the OPS opening post was filled with news articles of people being bashed and him underlining where it said the perps were Aboriginal.

That's what this thread is about- all the violence in Perth being our Indigenous folk's fault- so get your head outta your arse and try reading the thread
-

Just for curiousity sake what do you think the OP is saying then? what do you think this thread is about?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

No, others live in my world too- and they posted in this thread

You seem to assume a bit from my posts- ie where and how I live- if you read the thread I've already said there are quite a few Indigenous folk where I live and they cause no more trouble than the non Indigenous folk do- and I'm a minimalist so you can save the word affluent for someone else

Perth has a problem with the youth culture of drinking and violence, I'm not saying that isn't true, what I'm saying is it is unfair to blame that all on the Indigenous folk - that's all - and that I can understand their disallusionment these people are lost and need our support, they are still treated differently and poorly and I'm just sorry you can't see that.

You can think I live in an ivory tower, I have no control over that but just so you know I've had my run ins with out of control Indigenous people, they can scare me at times but so do out of control white people *shrugs*

Where it becomes more to me than a disagreement is when it is stated to me that anything other than reality is all in my [racism|belief|opinion|mind]. It puts what I know how the world I live in works, and boils it down to a non-event.

Yet, time and time again others who are so quick to assume that stance, have not an iota of what life here is like. I don't honestly where you live, or your life... that is my bad, I did do that.. ;/

I just find it increasingly frustrating that whenever this topic arises (in any forum) anyone who has an opinion other than outright support for [name x], is hounded for harbouring bad intent.

I don't rely on news snippets, nor anecdotes - I've lived it. I live it. I see it everytime I have to get on a train - and it's not as simple as 'violent behaviour.

It's an outright hatered that the law is incapable to stop. Throwing them in longmore just gives them a holiday with mates.

It isnt the ACT - it's the level of utter vile behind it - and some of these kids just hate white people, not becuase theyre hard done by, but because they can get away with it.

Unless you have been a victim of it, I doubt you'll understand..

I just pray my cousins kids grow out of their "Im not black enough stage" - a black dad and a white mum, yet last time I was there, the eldest boy was angry that the tanning cream he uses left white spots on his leg... Good things my cuz has a sense of humour.. shes good that way..

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

OP was not making out that at all

whoops forgot this bit- have you even read this thread????? the OPS opening post was filled with news articles of people being bashed and him underlining where it said the perps were Aboriginal.

That's what this thread is about- all the violence in Perth being our Indigenous folk's fault- so get your head outta your arse and try reading the thread
-

Just for curiousity sake what do you think the OP is saying then? what do you think this thread is about?

No, he didn't say all violent crime is due to Aborigine's

So no, not all violent crime.

Again, your agenda not his.

I think the OP is saying that there is a damn lot of crime from the local nyungar youth who have not got a care in the world for society, law or personal property, and that the law and the justice system is catered to let them go rather than punish them, because of the plethora of god damned PC wankers who scream racism at every arrest of a twit.

Again, I live here. I see it, I know it. I see it as a joke, and they do too. Easy to flaunt the law when you have a get-out-of-jail-free card by birth.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Well maybe after fridays brawl out the front of the childrens court things might improve?

Maybe consider moving? it's a big country

I'm sorry about your cuzs kid, stupid tanning cream huh

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
No, he didn't say all violent crime is due to Aborigine's

Yes, he did and yes it is his agenda- he even went so far as to totally mislead people with his thread title, 'war has been declared on Australia' and that the 'army' is Aborignals- seriously have you even read the opening post?

I know you sympathise with him but lets stick to the facts ok?- the OP is asserting that all the violence in Perth is a direct result of the Aboriginals that live there.
If he wasnt he would have just said violence is out of control in Perth and then I would have agreed with him, but thats not what he's on about is he?

[edit on 24-8-2009 by lifecitizen]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Well maybe after fridays brawl out the front of the childrens court things might improve?

Maybe consider moving? it's a big country

I'm sorry about your cuzs kid, stupid tanning cream huh

Was it the sunday times, or another article you read that?

Man they bigged that up.

move eh... Sure, you got a spare room? You're tolerant right?

I've seen bigger fights between whites in the middle of forrest chase on a weekday, than a little bit of a tiff outside the pcc in a one off as you read.

As I say, live here.. I used to bloody live on the street, a good 20 odd years ago.

Things were certainly different back then, us wetjalas and nyungars in the same boat, got along..

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Because of the lack of will and action by the authorities, the only answer will be gated communities. Australia, so far, has avoided voluntarily segregating themselves, but the time is quickly coming where it will be the only option if you want to keep your family safe.

This thread reminds me of the saying....
The lunatics are taking over the asylum.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join