It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War has been declared in Australia.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I hope I'm not repeating a post but if someone comes at you with a stick, get a bigger stick.

If it's a rock, get a bigger rock.

If it's a knife, a bigger. . . . well, you get the idea.

This problem is pandemic. And it's only going to get worse. Disenfranchised youth, even adults are getting more and more violent. And unfortunately, this new-found culture of "enlightenment" has given us a generation that could care less about the other people living in it.

The only thing these animals respect is strength, pain, power. They will not be "talked" to. They can not be reasoned with.

They hit you? Hit them back.
They throw a stone? You throw seven, and make damn sure that it hurts.

Just my humble opinion, of course, I could be wrong. (but I'm not)

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
To All my Aussie friends , Sorry mates you had to give up your guns.
We know here in the U.S.That there are plans to come and get ours next. Not going to happen without a fight. Every one I know feels the same way. We will go down fighting and then they can pry my gun out of my cold dead hand and when the reach over to do that, I'll have just enough left to piss in their eye. KMG

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I live in WA and work in some of the areas you talk about. I gotta say this is pretty slanted mate, I've worked extensively with both aboriginal and white disadvantaged people and you get bad crew of varying proportions from both races. Our media seem to only report the cases that unfortunately are intended to rile up people like you and well - threads like this are the result.

As an example - I was physically attacked by a white drug addict in my office on Thursday for no reason. completely unprovoked. Conversely at the same time there were plenty of people of differing races in the office who were disgusted - black, white, asian - you name it, who came to my assistance.

I understand where you are coming from here but you need to look at the bigger picture - Perth is an isolated city with a decentralised population, coupled with urban centres that have no real soul or identity. Morley looks like Joondalup, Joondalup looks like Cannington. Add this to an already alienated population (drugs, lack of recreational activities, disadvantaged youth) and you have all the elements required to fuel random violence.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but vilifiying one section of the population isnt going to help.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

If I were able, I'd give you far more than one star

You've been brave enough to say what many wish were the case

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by patentpending

Agreed. This is a problem that crosses all lines, race, economic status, nationality. It's something we ALL have to worry about.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Travelers beware, they especially like foreign people

Well I will edit that after looking at the victims...not so funny. Yikes!!!

[edit on 22-8-2009 by whiteraven]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Yes nothing says "leave me the hell alone" better than a .357 magnum with a laser sight, loaded with mercury filled, hollow tipped bullets.

Looks like people all over the world are getting more violent.

Says the coward hiding behind his gun. These kids are idiots but cowards with guns are worse. What is with all the sterotypes being used on here,,,,damn this site is becoming more neo nazi than ever.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kissmygrits
We will go down fighting and then they can pry my gun out of my cold dead hand

Lets hope this comes true...the less of you cowards with guns the better. Same goes for the cowards running around in groups jumping people. When you are not man ehough to defend yourself...you have two choices...get a gun or join a gang...

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Violence seems to be rising everywhere. It is frustrating and makes me angry. People should be able to feel safe wherever they live.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Lets hope this comes true...the less of you cowards with guns the better. Same goes for the cowards running around in groups jumping people. When you are not man ehough to defend yourself...you have two choices...get a gun or join a gang...

Let's remember the title of the post; War has been declared in Australia.

You don't fight a war with harsh language and a shake of a very angry finger. You hurt them, you beat them, you cause them to say, "I quit. I give up. You win."

"Coward with a gun" is lumping those that are law abiding with those that could care less.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Ok, how would you deal with the following ?

It occurred on Stradbroke Island, off the coast of Queensland about 10 to 12 years ago.

A group of deaf and blind people were on holiday on the island. They were camping .. in tents

During the night, an aboriginal gang raided the campsite. It got rough

Everyone in the camp was asleep

Those who were sighted but deaf did not know what was happening until the gang was in their midst, in the dark, beating, wrecking, stealing, etc.

Those who were blind could hear the attack but couldn't see what was happening and were also unable to defend themselves.

The campers were unable to communicate with each other

Naturally, none of the handicapped campers had weapons. They were defenceless

There were a few volunteer 'carers' but like the others, they were given no warning of the attack and were fast asleep, in the dark, in one or other of the several tents

What would be your opinion if you were one of the victims ? How would you feel about going camping again ? Would your trust and self-confidence be severely strained and/or destroyed ? How would you feel if you were informed that someone in an internet forum advised people to carry weapons or join a gang ?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

A gun is pointless. Unless you want to serve a very long jail sentance for using it?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I hope I'm not repeating a post but if someone comes at you with a stick, get a bigger stick.

Getting a bigger stick or knife or a gun does not solve the problem! Yes you might hurt them and they will back off for this particular time. But the gungsters are going to get ya next time with bigger stick or bigger croud...
I have seen it enough times in mylife. And when you scared that something is going to happen to you, and you are thinking about it all the time, you will eventually manifest this in your life.
I used carry a pocket knife and a pair of knumchacks bihind my colar of the shirt and leather jacket on top so you cannot see it.
Gess what was happenning to me... I was finding myself more and more involved with all kind of scraps with street gungs and bar fights.

Violence is only produces more violence. Same as goverment conrol, (rules and regulations or more police on the streets will produce more people breaking the law... I lived it... (On the both sides of the street.)

Now, if you think positively, without being afraid of being robbed, beatten, raped and etc. If you bring feeling of security within yourself, feelings of happiness and joy (does not matter what is going on around you or what you hear on the news channel) YOU ARE making a big change for yourself and for outside world as well. As you start to radiate love instead of fear you will attract same experiences into your life as well.
I would like to bring an example from a movie "Pieceful worrier" there was an scene in the movie where "Socrates" and the boy were cornered in the back street and demanded their walets. If you wanna know what happen, watch the movie...
I live my life like that. I am not afraid of gungsters or swine flue BS, I know deep within myself that nothing bad is going to happen to me.

PS. What we fear we become, when we fear to become...

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kissmygrits
To All my Aussie friends , Sorry mates you had to give up your guns.
We know here in the U.S.That there are plans to come and get ours next. Not going to happen without a fight. Every one I know feels the same way. We will go down fighting and then they can pry my gun out of my cold dead hand and when the reach over to do that, I'll have just enough left to piss in their eye. KMG

We didnt have to give up our guns, just the semi-automatci weapons. Just because you have a gun, does not make you safe, nor does it prevent crime. From what Ive seen in other countries, the more number of guns.....the more nut jobs there are that shouldnt have them

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Hi, would you point me in the direction of links and other sources please, where it states Australians are permitted to own firearms ?

As far as I'm aware, only those who can prove special-circumstances (such as rural-dwellers and members of target-shooting associations who anyway must leave their guns at the club) are permitted under law to have and use firearms

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxxcosta

Getting a bigger stick or knife or a gun does not solve the problem! Yes you might hurt them and they will back off for this particular time. But the gungsters are going to get ya next time with bigger stick or bigger croud...
I have seen it enough times in mylife. And when you scared that something is going to happen to you, and you are thinking about it all the time, you will eventually manifest this in your life.
I used carry a pocket knife and a pair of knumchacks bihind my colar of the shirt and leather jacket on top so you cannot see it.
Gess what was happenning to me... I was finding myself more and more involved with all kind of scraps with street gungs and bar fights.

Violence is only produces more violence. Same as goverment conrol, (rules and regulations or more police on the streets will produce more people breaking the law... I lived it... (On the both sides of the street.)

Now, if you think positively, without being afraid of being robbed, beatten, raped and etc. If you bring feeling of security within yourself, feelings of happiness and joy (does not matter what is going on around you or what you hear on the news channel) YOU ARE making a big change for yourself and for outside world as well. As you start to radiate love instead of fear you will attract same experiences into your life as well.
I would like to bring an example from a movie "Pieceful worrier" there was an scene in the movie where "Socrates" and the boy were cornered in the back street and demanded their walets. If you wanna know what happen, watch the movie...
I live my life like that. I am not afraid of gungsters or swine flue BS, I know deep within myself that nothing bad is going to happen to me.

PS. What we fear we become, when we fear to become...

I hope you're right. I know I'd like to live in that world where it would work. But I fear, that the bad guys, won't give two shillings about your feelings. They will laugh at the attempt to live peacefully.

Honestly, I hope and pray that you are right and I am wrong. But I have to live in the world I live in. And I will protect me, and my family like a rabid pit bull.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Vaast
reply to post by OzWeatherman

As far as I'm aware, only those who can prove special-circumstances (such as rural-dwellers and members of target-shooting associations who anyway must leave their guns at the club) are permitted under law to have and use firearms

Sorry, you are right

Thats what I was hinting at, but after reading my post it came out all wrong

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
There are quite a few Aboriginal people where I live, sure they get into trouble but no more than the next guy who isn't Aboriginal

Like ancient Arrow said its about people losing hope and then they have nothing to lose.

It's a youth problem, not an Aboriginal problem! and it's because of social economics and a multitude of parents who just dont give a # where their kids are, or what they're doing

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I know how you might feel living in the enviroment you describe. Like I said before I used to live and think like that and it just does not work as you want it to be.
The only advice I can give you from my previous experiences to help you to protect your loved.
When you find yourself in the situation (Fight or Flight), and second option is not available any longer.
Hit first and hit hard and make sure you disable leader of them first (the rest is usually cawards), don't hate them, just do what you have to to survive the encounter.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Oh and OP could you be any more dramatic! war has been declared in Australia?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join