War has been declared in Australia.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I love passionate threads!
)

These thugs wouldn’t use guns. Because if a cop pulls you over and you’ve got a gun, your gone for.
If you’ve got a baseball bat, screw driver or metal pole. You get a warning.

Plus, they don’t need a gun.
If you’re sitting at a bus stop with your girlfriend and 6 of them approach you, who needs a gun?

Yes, it sounds racist, and it probably fits the definition, but unless you are here walking the streets, reading the news watching them you don’t understand the aboriginal culture.

There are two types, the city types and the country types.
IF I drive 5 hours towards Meekatharra, ill come across tribes of them.
Gentle, proper people, with values. Who eat grubs, and use the land.

If I walk 5 minutes in the city ill come across groups of them, in hoodies, with goaties, smoking and sniffing petrol.
They would have never lived a day of aboriginal culture in their lives.
God help you if you stare at them while they hit their kids and sniff petrol!

There’s a big difference between native aboriginals, and city aboriginals.

In Australia, Perth specifically, crimes happen by both whites and aboriginals.
But it’s a massive majority for the aboriginals.

Last year, the Maori’s and the aboriginals got into a fight.
1 Maori boy died.
He was bludgeoned to death by a group of aboriginals with poles and bats.

The Maori’s said

'' We cant handle their disrespect. They steal our things, they smash our windows, they graffiti on our houses. They leave rubbish all over the place ''

Just tonight walking from my office to the train station I passed a young aboriginal girl, pissed.
Asking for change, swearing abuse at people who walked past her.

So much so she spat on someone then threatened to kill them.

This was a young girl, imagine what her older brother would do if someone stood up to her and told her to get a job and grow up?

If you’re not around these people, you don’t understand.

I’m from South Auckland, papatoetoe, you know the movie What becomes of the broken hearted? That’s my home area.
I’ve lived in the US and in London, and aboriginals in Perth City are like no other group.

Tell you what,
for the next 2 weeks im going to post every article i read in the paperfor the crime stoppers section.

I wont mis out anything or alter it. ill type it word for word.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Plus, they don’t need a gun.

YOU DO!!!!!!!!!

The men and women being ambushed and mutilated do!

You need a legal permit to carry your protection every where you go... You're right.. they won't have guns, and if they do won't be intelligent enough to care for their weapon, learn how to properly use it, and thus you are better prepared!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Yeah, well all those attackers were also Australians, so what should I conclude from that? Australians are violent?

It's about violence, not skin color. Not country of origin.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think these kind of arguements , for and against natives, foreigners are so incredibly stupid, when will people realise that we all live on the same planet and we are all from the same place the earth!

The reason the people are most likely violent is because they probably are subject to the class gap !
This will mean they are poor low income families , the areas they live in have no social benefits , their community is in ruins.
They feel segregated not because of their skin colour or origin but because of the class issue.
Now they resort to violent crime in order to increase their income , to feed their drug habits , or because they are bored!

All of these issues can be addressed by the government, but until the governments of each country create proper legislation for gun control, and treat drug addictions as a health issue and not a criminal issue , and also help build communities and input some time and money into developing their environment then they will continue to feel like they dont belong !

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Look I have been all over the World and I was born in JoBurg South Africa LOL and the best defence I found in my whole life is not to be a, "Friggen" paranoid idiot and instead WALK TALL AND Know Who you are as I have had crazy people come up to me and then they have felt my energy and then they have recanted their thinking and then, ...all of a sudden walked away sobbing and asking for forgiveness of which I have given them as that has been my sincerest wishes for them and then have hugged me. Heck look at Nelson Mandela and his life story!

Remember there is only Love and a call to Love in life. React with anything else and you only exacerbate the situation PERIOD

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I lived in Australia for ten years, first in Bunbury WA then onto Kewdale in Perth and then to Brisbane and a short spell in Sydney. To be honest I've had a lot of run ins with young Aboriginals but I've never had a scrap with one and walked away from each encounter with my money in my pocket and a better understanding of their problems. My encounters with young (and older) white Australians however are completely different. I've broken my hand twice, torn the cartilage in my knee and had various cuts and bruises from my battles. They are arrogant, ignorant and have the most undeserving superiority complex I've ever come across.
Let's not get started on all the bashings, rapes, deaths, disappearances of Aboriginals, Chinese, Germans, damn even English visitors to the Great land of Oz, and now it looks like the poor Indians are copping it at the hands of the white Aussies.
Yeah there's a problem with some of the Aboriginal youth but when the white Australians are setting the example who's surprised really? You gets what you pay for and it looks like you guys are reaping what you've sown. I dont want to see violence carried out against anyone but you have to understand this is not just an indigenous problem. A very racist thread this, that's leaves an unpleasant taste in the mouth, its only saving grace is the true colours of some of the ATS posters to have posted a reply and the OP's feelings.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Yeah I think its pretty funny how people in here demonise indigenous Australians yet just about all the "gang" violence and youth crime of this type in Southeast Queensland is from white kids. There have been a few incidents of them gang raping girls, recording it with their phones and spreading it online, beating up old people. There was a case not long ago where they bashed a World War 2 veteran and tried to steal his medals! All this from white kids.

Its not about skin colour guys, its a social problem in general that needs to be addressed and taken seriously, instead of just used as reason to generate paranoia about a certain ethnicity.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
When the white man first came to Australia
they had the bible and we had the land.
They said close your eyes and let us pray.
So we closed our eyes and when we opened them
we had the bible and they had the land.

-------------->>>>>>MABO

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I am an Aboriginal Elder of the Western Arrente/Anangu Pitantjatjara.

It is sad to see the remnants of a proud people turn into common criminals.

These events also happen here in Alice Springs near where I live.

Alice Springs is known globally as the 'Stabbing Capital of the world'.

Western Australia has nothing compared to the Northern Territory here in Oz.

These acts are driven by poverty and hatred for the so called 'civilised white man who conquered us by acts of violence not known to the mainstream white society.

Massacres at the hands of white settlers for land for their cattle, a billion dollar industry.

One particular massacre was when a group of white settlers attacked a large Aboriginal family where all the adults were lined up shot and killed and the infants were buried in the red earth up to their necks and these white murderers had a contest to see how far they could kick the heads off of the infants they had buried alive.

There are many many more massacres where whole tribal groups were murdered just because they were Aboriginal and were in their way.

Last week there was a murder of an innocent Aboriginal Elder by five white youths here in Alice Springs.
welding a baseball bat just for the hell of it.
We buried him today, the youths are in custody and now there is talk of an armed revolution here.
All the remote Aboriginal communities are 'armed' and have been for a very long time including Russian 7.6 sniper rifles and ak47's.

Authorities will never find these cahes of weapons registered or not.
This land is too big, vast and remote to search everywhere.

Series of meetings in several remote Aboriginal communities have had enough.

The Northern Territory 'Military Intervention' by the last Australian Prime Minister John Howard is seen by most if not all NT Aboriginals as racist and a ploy to confiscate land under this parliamentary act.

John Howard suspended the 'Racial Discrimination Act' and PM Kevin Rudd is seen as a two faced white racist by not reinstating that act, even when the UN asked him to.

Myself and other more peaceful Elders have for the moment diffused these train of thought amongst our young family members and extended families who live remote to us.

So for the moment the wapons we use are registered small arms for hunting.

I would hate to think that an Aboriginal military conflict as a revolution could cause so much heartache on all counts.

Count yourself lucky in Perth that these young Aboriginal crims are not armed.

They have nothing to live for.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
VERY interesting thread. My perspective is on a more general level - I have to look at this not only in terms of colour and culture, but in terms of poverty and inequality.

The deprived people forced to live in squalor and poverty are increasingly starting to fight back - it is inevitable. And as these individuals become more organised, they will achieve much more success. This is the beginning of a class war - it is that simple.

In our western cultures dominated by rich fat-cats with their yachts and 3 homes, is it wrong for these folk to start fighting back?

The argument isn't as simple as is being made out in some of these posts.

Its just a shame when reading one of the other contributors posts about Aborigine youths fighting Maouri youths, that they didn't get together, unite and head over to the middle class district and really start taking back what they are rightfully entitled to. But to be honest, that is what I feel is coming. It is inevitable.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
These are just degenerates. Australian Degenerates who happen to be of a certain skin color.

actually, i couldn't agree more, they are just degenerates and, as far as i'm concerned, there is no excuse for that kind of behavior.

in the first place, i was trying to point out the pure stupidity of picking out aboriginal degenerates for particular attention.
in the second place i was pointing out what happened the last time the stupid, ignorant racist ideas outlined in the OP gained traction.

of course australians are austrailians regardless of colour, my tonge was firmly in my cheek, sorry if anyone found it offensive through misunderstanding that.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ancient arrow

Hope I didnt offend you.
Always happy to meet elders.
My mother worked with CLAN in Mandurah, assisting aboriginal people.

Im sure its bad in some places, and worse in others.

Glad to see someone is here on ATS to talk about it from a personal point of view.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ancient arrow

As I was reading along in this thread, I kept recognizing these youths as others in the US and elsewhere, where these behaviors are essentially triggered by poverty. It is a war between "the haves, and the have-nots".

In the US these youths are typically the adolescent children of single family households, on welfare, living in housing projects, or other substandard housing. It is indeed a social problem. It is better in my town now than it was a few years back. A Gang Task Force was set up by local law enforcment, and ministers and churches also became more involved with the mothers of these youths, to assist in getting them under control. We had many "drive-by shootings, gang war rivalries, and other illicit activities. We still do to some degree, but it is better.

People will comment that yes, well, they are being provided, housing, medical care, income, food stamps, etc. Indeed they are, and they see no way out. It can be done, of course, to emancipate yourself from generational proverty, but it takes a lot of hard work, and quite often, a helping hand.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Remember Humans have been displacing other Humans for thousands and thousands of years and it aint about Colour. Look at what happened to the Celts of Europe who were from all races colors and creeds. A huge part of them ended up being systematically wiped out by the Romans.

Just have to look in too Ancient History and understand the Wise sages to see that every person wheres a different mask depending on whether they are the Jailer or the Jailed person.
The trick is to not let the Mask be you. But instead be the witness for the Spirit of love instead of the ego of hate

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Epsillion70]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Good thread

Im originally from Perth, and the gang violence over there is just as bad as any city at the moment. The problem is kids can do whatever they want, and the most they get is a slap on the wrist....and then they go out and do it again.

Northbridge used to be great, when the Nyoongar patrol was out. They were aboriginal cops who used to get out and send these kids home. Then the government cut their funding and they had to close up.

Its getting behind a joke now, criminals are protected and the victims are treated like crap

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Yes nothing says "leave me the hell alone" better than a .357 magnum with a laser sight, loaded with mercury filled, hollow tipped bullets.

Looks like people all over the world are getting more violent.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm hearing a lot of hate against white people here. Anger over something my ancestors did to your ancestors is not an excuse for you to assault me. That is appropriate conflict resolution.

Anybody who complains about these attacks will inevitably be called racist, but the attackers themselves will not be called racist for committing hate crimes - and yes people who aren't white can commit hate crimes. Racism is racism. Hate is hate.

I'm white and I don't think I have any bad karma coming for anything my ancestor's did. You can call me a racist if you want. My skin is pale, not thin, and I think I can handle a little name-calling.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Perth definitely has a seething undercurrent of violence boiling away after dark.

It's certainly not limited to Aboriginals though. What about the Kizon-type crowd, who are probably the most blatently violent, stand-over men in Perth? They're white/European. Then there's the bikies. In the 80s and 90s there was also a resurgence in skinheads, and of course you always have your typical bogan/speedway type gangs. These are all predominantly white males, and often just as violent.

The simple answer, I've found, is to blacklist Northbridge. The place is a cesspit of false bravado and people hunting in packs. Even places like Scarborough, Subiaco and Fremantle are going down the gurgler due to this need by mostly white males to eye other males off (of course, only when they are in groups), not get out of the way on the sidewalk and generally try to intimidate.

There is certainly no belief in respect for others or elders anymore, and it is getting worse day by day. While there certainly is a very real and dangerous problem with some of the city-dwelling Aboriginals who just don't care anymore, on a statistical basis there's just as much fighting and violence, if not more, by non-Aboriginals in my experience.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by cloudbreak]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I've lived amongst Australian aborigines and until people have, they aren't qualified to comment one way or the other.

The situation in Australia differs to that in NZ, to that in Africa and to those in the US or UK.

Having more pigment in the skin does not render someone 'innocent' or an automatic 'victim'. Nor does it render them automatically 'bad' or 'guilty'.

War has not been declared in Australia, of course. Rather, people receive astonishing amounts of money to 'fix' the 'aborigine problem' and to date, many problems remain unresolved.

Here's a snapshot of the type of problem the authorities are attempting to 'fix'. Maybe contributors to this thread could tender their solutions ?

We owned the general store in a small, rural town. On the neighbouring property stood a ramshackle shack, one of the original slab dwellings built by those who first pioneered the region. It had no running water, no electricity. If there had ever been floorboards, they were long gone.

One day, a truck stopped outside the local pub (hotel) and an aboriginal woman and half a dozen young children climbed out. Soon, an aboriginal stock-man hitched his horse to the rail and joined the aboriginal family inside the pub. In half an hour, the children emerged. At first, they sat on the verandah. Growing bored, they wandered across the road. The aboriginal stockman and the mother of the children were later heard brawling in overgrown, vacant land next to the pub. It was a very small town, basically one main street with a few side roads leading to distant farms.

By next morning, the aboriginal woman and her children had taken up residence in the shack next to our store. They remained there for over four years. The local school-master and people in the town told the woman her children, by law, were required to attend the local school, half a mile away.

Every month, the aboriginal stockman would ride in from the cattle station where he worked. He would hand his pay-check to the publican upon entering and say (as all the aborigines did), 'Here's me check, mate. Tell me when I've drunk it up'. He would then sit at the bar and sink one drink after another, until he collapsed unconscious to the floor. At that point, he would be carried out the back of the pub to where there were several one room shacks especially for the purpose. When he recovered, he would stagger back to the bar to continue drinking.

The aboriginal woman, who said she was his wife, would be given several large bottles of beer by her husband if she nagged, begged and screamed hard enough. She was not allowed to drink them in the pub because she had always become violent in the past and had several times tried to slash her husband with broken bottles when he refused to give her more grog. So, she would drink on the dirt floor of the shack, or by the road, until she passed out.

When the stockman had drunk away his pay, he'd climb back on his horse and head back to the cattle station. He rarely, if ever, even spoke with his 'wife's' half dozen children during his stay in the town. His children were sent by their mother to beg money from him. They didn't get much.

His wife, during his absence, would trade sex for grog. The woman would have been only in her mid-30s -- she looked to be in her 50s. Sometimes, when she was not on the drink, we kids would end up chatting with her if we were playing with her children at the time. She was great company for kids. The poor woman had a very similar mental age to that of a child. She liked stories and movies. Basically, she was a little girl in a woman's body. She lied a lot. A lot of the Aborigines were that way, imo. In truth though, we saw very little of her. She slept in the shack in the day and begged drinks at night.

We knew the aboriginal children were breaking into our store's store-rooms, which were out the back. As long as what they took was within reason, we didn't say anything. And my mother gave food to the children quite frequently. The children's mother drank away her welfare cheques as soon as she received them. In the end, the children all got scabies. As it is contagious, they weren't allowed to go to school.

Attempts to explain to the children's mother that the welfare cheques were supposed to feed and clothe her children fell on deaf ears. Like a lot of Aborigines, the woman craved alcohol night and day .. nothing else mattered.

Her eldest children, boys, were now in their early teens. They liked to go to white's houses all the time and hated to return to the shack. People tried to help, but the government authorities said it would look bad if any attempts were made to interfere or to separate the mother from the children .. it would be misinterpreted. Yet the woman seemed incapable of learning the basics of household hygiene and nutrition. Grog .. she just wanted grog. When asked, she admitted all the children had different fathers. She could only remember the identity of one of these, the aboriginal stockman detailed above, although he denied it.

The police came to the town and arrested the eldest boy. He and the village simpleton had lain in wait for a young ten year old girl as she walked home from school. They had raped and stabbed her. The next boy soon had problems with the law and was placed in a boy's home. His mother wailed to the authorities that she needed him back at home, otherwise there would be no-one to take care of the younger siblings. The law tried to reason with her and said the boy's best chance lay in being educated by the State. The boy said he did not want to return home.

The mother then began sending her 9 and 6 year old daughters across the road to the pub, to beg grog from men in the bar. You can imagine what eventuated.

One by one, those children fell by the wayside while still children. Attempts by the State to remove them from the woman's care were met by accusations by her that they were trying to 'steal' her children. All she wanted from society was money for grog. And those children were her ticket to welfare payments. When one left or was taken into care, the woman had another. She had at least another 15 to 20 years of breeding left in her.

How would you deal with the situation ? Because it's far more common than you imagine.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by St Vaast]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
As a person of colour I would like to say that I understand the OP's point of view. When one lives in the midst of such violence, one has a right to address it even if the overtones seem uncomfortably racist. Once upon a time I lived in a city where the minorities were mostly Lebanese Christian, Lebanese Muslim, and Armenian. From my experience I would have had to write about my frightening encounters with the Lebanese Muslims. Would I be seen as racist for such commentary? I couldn't care less.

The real issue is that when cultures and peoples mix there will always be trigger-points and rough scrapes. Only the most homogenous of societies avoid these sort of racial troubles, class warfare, and communal strife. Perhaps in the future humankind will decide that in the interests of peaceful coexistence we will cease to coexist in the same locations. What we refer to today as 'ethnic cleansing' may be seen as the only way forward for a planet whose people do not believe in "the melting pot" or "the tapestry" and have grown weary of the constant level of violence and the constant pitch of fear.

I once held grand social ideas of humanity coming together. I no longer hold them save if suddenly our pineal glands all started working to psychically unite us and we began experiencing the very pain we were inflicting on others...

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum