It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming could change Earth's tilt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Warming oceans could cause Earth's axis to tilt in the coming century, a new study suggests. The effect was previously thought to be negligible, but researchers now say the shift will be large enough that it should be taken into account when interpreting how the Earth wobbles.

climate change can also affect the Earth's spin. Previously, Landerer and colleagues showed that global warming would cause Earth's mass to be redistributed towards higher latitudes. Since that pulls mass closer to the planet's spin axis, it causes the planet to rotate faster – just as an ice skater spins faster when she pulls her arms towards her body.

www.newscientist.com...

I didn't understand enough about the "technical calculations" involving Earth's axis, shifts and Earth rotations, so I never gave it much attention.
Reading the above, coming from the scientists themselves and not from the new-agers with the doom theories,

What exactly would be the consequences for human kind, should this happen?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Ehhh, didnt QuestioningAll have a nice thread about the Three Stoges damn in Chine causing slight change in Earth tilt??

Does this smell like a coverup of that mistake or planned earthchanges ??

And:

The Earth spins on an axis that is tilted some 23.5° from the vertical. But this position is far from constant – the planet's axis is constantly shifting in response to changes in the distribution of mass around the Earth. "The Earth is like a spinning top, and if you put more mass on one side or other, the axis of rotation is going to shift slightly," says Felix Landerer of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California.

For Gods sake, the ancient people have said this thousands of years back, and I cant understand why that is not mentioned in this articles ?

' and this is just what the maya said, they called it physical pole shift' et cetera..
Im not saing the scientists are talking about any pole shifts here,atm, but if earth were to lose stability, then all the scenarios would come to pass..

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
the whole global warming / climate change lie is starting to sound more like a 2012 cover

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dallas18
the whole global warming / climate change lie is starting to sound more like a 2012 cover

Hehe, I see the same possibility, if what is said around the net, that an larg object in space can alter the state of our solar system, then some thing is coming..

Facts are, all the planets are changing, even our sun have behaved abnormal, that the scientists from Nasa have said too..

We should investigate that possibilty together, all the members here at ATS, there are so many smart people her that use their brains on other things than helping out in finding out IF there is some thing coming...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I see global warming as more of an effect of the 2012 "Dark Rift" theory. If this disk of gravity does exist and we started feeling it's effects starting around 2000. Heliosphere has been steadily shrinking for the past decade. Strange weather started ramping up ushering in Global Warming and now we are seeing it on all planets in our solar system. Lot's of big Earthquakes lately, lot's of killer storms, droughts abnormal weather patterns, sun's been acting up this summer approaching a Maximum.

I don't know. So much to prepare for.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

The Great Pyramid at Giza actually has stellar alignment, and for
4,500 years now and it has seen the medieval warming period as
well as the end of the Holocene maximum which were both warmer
than now.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

The stellar alignment still lines up if you consider the 1,000 yr
wobble of the earth, and it is in accordance with the precession
of the Equinoxes.

Amazing that the Egyptians new about it 4,500 yrs ago.

But with this evidence, and that of a Armillary Sphere one will
see that past and present warming has not shifted the axis
or tilt of the Earth.

en.wikipedia.org...

That pretty much closes the case for that.

I do think we are hurting the earth for one simple reason and that
is the huge increase in acid in the oceans that is killing off the coral.

The world has lost 20% of its coral in just the past few decades.

www.supereco.com...

This we know for sure we can do something about.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
There is a cross that where made 350 years ago, and there was no 2012 hype back then as I know !

This Cross, SAY in 2012, the sun is going to go AMMOK because of the HUGE amount of energy coming out of the Galactic center...

It would be like pooring gazoline on an match...
The sun is supposed to be hit by an immense amount of photon energy, and like the FOURTH VAIL say : The fourth angel poored his bowl UPON the sun , and the sun could scorge everyone on the Planet....

I saw Knowing last night, and that is Exactly the scenario I'm talking about.
I dont remember the name of the compound that was supposed to fuel the sun, but it isnt good news...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

The one thing they do have factual evidence of is a 26 million year
recurring extinction, and they have dubbed it the nemesis theory.

Dark Star - The Nemesis star theory

Sounds a lot like Sitchin's Nibiru to me, just on a different time table.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

WE cant do jack-shait, the Governments dont want too, or else it would have been done allready.
And do not stick this on the People, it is not the Peoples fault, the Govt. are holding back progress and alternate erergy, not us...

They make us drive fossilfuel cars...
It is all a freggn scam, Im tired of people NOT including the planetary changes, purposly leaving out the changes in the solar system to promot ManMade warming..... just sick ...
imho ..

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech
reply to post by ChemBreather

The one thing they do have factual evidence of is a 26 million year
recurring extinction, and they have dubbed it the nemesis theory.

Dark Star - The Nemesis star theory

Sounds a lot like Sitchin's Nibiru to me, just on a different time table.

Indeed, but what I am unsure of, is if this thing is what 'crashed' into Earth and became our moon?
Cause if that is this one, it will not be back, and it also means that the ancients were right too..

Astronomers have found alot of solar systems out there, many of them are binary systems, so, why cant ours be a binary solar system? because that would keep people afraid, so if they found it, it wouldnt be announced publicly anyways..

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
And an asteroid wold probably produce the same or greater effect.
I mean, seriously----if you go back a few thousand years, we were covered in ice---a few thousand years before that it was hot. If you look at rock core data, the magnetic field changes on a regular basis---I.E., north becomes south and visa versa on a regular basis.
The fact of the matter is we live on an ice cube, that periodically melts for geologically short periods.
A shocking revelation that will be the next "ecological crisis" is that we only have 1/2 the atmosphere we had during the age of dinosaurs.
This is undisputed fact waiting to be spun, and sooner than later, we will be asked to replenish the air before we asphyxiate.

Planets evolve, solar systems die, galaxies crash into one another, black holes swallow eternities.

Just a fact of existence----evolve to the point you can move, or become disembodied matter for the next birthing.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

It is all a freggn scam, Im tired of people NOT including the planetary changes, purposly leaving out the changes in the solar system to promot ManMade warming..... just sick ...
imho ..

I do not know that cars are causing the issues with the oceans.

But I do think we can take credit for the dead zone at the mouth
of the Mississippi river and other rivers that dump massive
amount of pollution into the oceans.

www.nasa.gov...

I think the warming was largely due to the sun and I agree with
all of what they say in the great global warming swindle.

The Great Global Warming Swindle

The coral dying is partially due to humans though, that is fact.

The polar ice caps on mars melting was not cars on earth, lol.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Honest---I like that.
Yes, humans are dirty fools----but in the grand scheme of things, but puny compared to the bugs (out weigh and out-perform in every facet) and solar/galaxy/universe.
Not that long ago in geologic and human time, 1 (yes, ONE) volcanic eruption of a super-volcano reduced the human population to a few thousand people worldwide.
Cockroaches flourished.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Well, as the sun and another factors makes earth heat up, the sea dies out, atleast algee and planktons and corals, when those die, it releases Co2 into the ocean which makes even more algee die and give of more Co2 etc...

That is what Al Gore among others do not include in their Movies and studies are the fact that the co2 levels follows the climate change, it is true that the more heat, the more co2 there is, but, the heat is not caused by the Co2, the heat allows for more co2 to get into the atmosphere...

[edit on 21/8/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'm pretty certain it's the earth's tilt causing the global warming, not global warming making the earth tilt. That's just ridiculous. A well know way of lying that has been surprisingly successful is to say the exact opposite. I and think that's what might be happening here.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadoralive
I and think that's what might be happening here.

You know what I meant.

I didn't mean to kill this thread. Sorry.

It just sounds like a load of BS to me, just like all the other AGW stuff does.

new topics

top topics

join