It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling that I don't belong

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

I think you should take the meyer-briggs personality test. I always thought I was weird until I took it and found out there are a lot of other people that think and feel like me. If you believe you are weird, then life is hard. But when you find out and accept that you are normal in a special way, there is a lot less to worry about. Embrace your inner self and stop trying to change who you are.

Maybe you don't belong. So what? Do something about it. Make your own happiness.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is from personal experience........

Perhaps it's not so much that we don't belong or feel we don't belong but we are actually afraid of making a comment to other people in the form of love, companionship, friendship etc...They might ask something from us in return.

Is it just to much of an effort to become part of a community, family, tribe; fear of rejection will keep us lonely and scared.

For me it took years of therapy. Now I feel comfortable in all social situations and enjoy the company of others. I can have an intimate relationship with out fear. Rejection hurts but it's not the end of the world for me emotionally like it used to be.

It's worth the effort!

[edit on 27-8-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Ok, you sort of hit one nail on the head for me. I do relate to what you are saying.

Receiving rejection after a positive expression towards another feels far worse than being rejected out of indifferent behavior or negative behavior. I would say it's because of the incongruity that may force one retreat from other interaction in order to ruminate over the reasons (aka. depression). One that must frequently retreat may be missing out on developing appropriate skills to read and adjust their style to the immediately present group.

But one thing that must be kept in mind is that if an individual is idiosyncratic in expressing what they feel is positive, a greater percentage of those gestures may be negatively rejected, due to a lack of understanding of the intent. For example, a strange sense of humor can lead to ostracisation if those around the "strange" person do not share an affection for that.

Either one must find an appropriate group of friends or must modify their behavior to fit in with readily available individuals. Personally, I prefer the first option for any substantial relationships. The second I can handle in small doses but will never be able to pull it off full time.

fraterormus' thread Depression is an Evolution, Not a Malfunction-- with good sources-- helped to make more sense here (sneaky reference in 2nd paragraph
).

[edit on 8/27/2009 by EnlightenUp]

[edit on 8/27/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I think the trouble comes when somebody feels negative, and then somebody else who is happy actually attacks them for how they feel. I think what negative people want is sympathy. They are looking for a connection with other people and are disheartened that nobody will reach out to them. Since you are in a place of inner strength and positivity, why not reach out? By putting down their negativity, you are in a sense being negative towards them. Just a thought. =D

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
ever since i was very young i havnt so much had a feeling like i dont belong (although there is that to) its more a feeling like i should be somewhere else, sometimes it can be intense other times its more a nagging in the back of my mind.

Its a feeling that I dont belong in this world I should be in another world doing something much different to what im doing here it feels important, its kinda like a dream you cant quite remember but you feel you must remember it. over the years ive rationalised it as having an over active imagination.

ive been having these feelings since around the age of 5 after i had a very intense and very strange dream. it involved angels and a whole lot of white light, i was playing the piano (i was learning to play at the time) and these angels kept urging me to play faster, learn faster like it was some urgent mission i was on (sounds stupid and chesey i know), ever since then i get this strange feeling in my stomach sometimes, i dont know what the feeling is, its almost like a mix between fear,anxiety and excitment but even those words dont seem to acuratlly describe it.

Alot of the time i feel like im watching my life happen rather than living it. Ive never really been that socially functionable but then that could be caused by alot of things.

Im 20 now and have never told anyone about these feelings because i know theyll just think im crazy (who knows maybe i am). Ive tried searching for anwers, but nothing seems to fit, nothing strange happens around me, i can see "auras" (if thats what they really are) if i try but then so can eveyone. i dont think im special in any way but i would like to see if anyone has similar feelings or if they have any anwers for me, or if i have some kind of mental diorder maybe.

Feelings are strange things we feel them even when we dont want to its the only part of ourselves we cant control in some way or another.
this is my first time on this site or any site like this so i hope someone can help me.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

The first option does not seem to be a happy road.
I believe what Sky is saying is right.
Only to add it's up to you to pull yourself up out of that darkness.
You should know that everyone experieces that, it's how much attention
you give to it that makes the difference. iGNORE IT. MOVE ON. ENJOY
LIFE. Don't let your shadow, be taller than your soul.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Snow_Whites_Twin

Hey, sorry i sent you a blank U2U while working on one. Since your new i wasnt sure if you are aware of this function, its like private messages. Just look for the U2U thing.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

found it but it says i cant use it?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoiaFTW
Same, I never feel like I fit in place with everyone else.

Too right, feelings are ditto, for alot of us.

Never fitted in and never will. Cheers society and thx for your scummy murderers.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I allways had these feelings.
Well, as long as I can remember, they have allways been here.
Actually, I was born in Algeria and I moved with my familly in France when I was like 3 or 4 years old. It's as if I was born nowhere : I erased from my memory every single information about my life before I moved to France. And when I did, I felt that, since I started kindergarden in the middle of the year and they all allready knew each other.
Anyway, that explains how it began I think, but it lasted for the rest of my still short life (almost 20 years old now).

But lately, I understood. We are not alien to this world. This world is alien to us actually. The Earth is not what it was meant to be, and we all feel it. Some of us feel it stronger than other : it's those who spend more time alone, and therefor know what lies in their hearts. I think the cattle are so superficial only to avoid feeling this pain. It's Mother Earth crying through us.
Anyway, it's quite complicated to explain in one single post. I suggest you read The Ascent of Humanity (just google it, the author puts it freely on his website), and you'll understand that the solution is very easy, and does not appeal to such things as indigo children or extraterestrial souls in human bodies... No, it just explains that all our problems come from the illusion of separation we have from nature (and the title is actually ironical, since this Ascent is everything but an Ascent).

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
To be honest, I feel depressed from ATS. I also starting to feel more distant than ever in real life as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jalis

your post makes sense to me
its like a kind of emptiness that will never be filled the way the world is now.

sometimes i just wish to strip away society and have the bliss of just existing, not worrying about the expectations and social acceptance of others and having others not worrying about these same concerns, to just exist is beautiful, to be one with everything, to live for the sake of living, to appriciate the world for what it is and not want more.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Need to do some soul searching... Hard living without knowing who you are, whats harder is accepting who you are. We all belong, its you that must find that struture built within yourself. Media outlets are man made money making machines. Its neither part of purpose or belonging. Individualize yourself somewhere. Our nature whether it is accepted or not belongs in our lives. We have not found a way to destroy that, we have just found ways to try to keep ourselves from seeing it. Truth is...... What we try to find ways to not belong...

PEACE

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snow_Whites_Twin
reply to post by Jalis

your post makes sense to me
its like a kind of emptiness that will never be filled the way the world is now.

That is alot of it, alot of us will never find what others have found in life. My life was destroyed before it got started, so i will never belong, in the structure that society has.

Thats life, and i am just glad, that i will find other ways to just be myself.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

hey thanks for the email it was extremely helpful, unfortunatly i cant reply because i havnt done 20 blogs yet, but alot of it made sense, i will reply to you in full when i can use that u2u thing

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Maybe you really don't belong? Maybe you incarnated here (from a higher realm/dimension, more advances civilization) to help. Perhaps your like a radio tower putting out a signal an energy. A positive energy of love and truth. I think that that may be so. So be happy with yourself. Love yourself. Check out books by Dolores Canon. She is a hypno therapist and thought she would be dealing with past life regressions. As it turns out a bunch of her clients under hypnosis reported life on other planets and their mission on this planet when they incarnated as a human. Check her out. She has a set of three books called the Convoluted Universe in which she records the aforementioned. You can order her on Amazon and there are you tube video's of some of her lectures.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by infobrazil

According to recent ATS Threads, this either means that you are an Alien soul trapped in a human body - or an Indigo!

Cheer up man. It ain't all that bad. Half the stuff on this site is BS.

IRM

Only half of the stuff on here? I'll split the difference with you and say seventy percent.

Wonder if anybody can figure out how much I think is BS?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join