It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling that I don't belong

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Lately... I don't if It's because I felt a bit depressed or because I read a lot of conspiracy and metaphysic stuff...

I just feel, when I'm around my family or coleagues, that I don't belong. Weird feeling.

I had always introverted behavior, but these days...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Same, I never feel like I fit in place with everyone else.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

ya man..stay away from all the conspiracy stuff...It is the ATS effect...been multiple threads about this...

best thing to do..in my opinion...go do something fun..take your mind off the b.s...

go have a drink or two...or three

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
we don't belong. the cattle become irritating. we must have compassion for them... though there is nothing much we can do to help most of them (they would think we are crazy)

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I feel the same way pretty often but I don't let it get to me. I realize that I am just a lot different.

I've noticed that my personality is intolerable to pessimistic people. I am about the opposite of pessimistic, and very enthusiastically and happily so, and can/will unyieldingly assault all forms of negativity. And I notice that it bothers some people, not at first, but over time. I feel like I belong in a much more compassionate place.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Pick up the phone, call a friend and arrange to do something this weekend. Im gonna go out on a a boat up the river avon to see shakespears birthplace in stratford. If I hadn't made the call I'd be sat in checking out conspiracys here on ATS.

I'm not saying go to Stratford, but there must be something cool to do near where you live? forget about all the conspiracy stuff for a weekend, there's nothing you can do about it, so go enjoy the fresh air and company of your friends. They may not be down with the conspiracy stuff, but if their your mates, they care about you and that's the most important thing.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

According to recent ATS Threads, this either means that you are an Alien soul trapped in a human body - or an Indigo!

Cheer up man. It ain't all that bad. Half the stuff on this site is BS.

IRM

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

yeah, I find that annoying. I think you need to have some negativity or else you go around saying how great and wonderful everything is. I have friends like that who when we go out for a meal, will only say good things about the food, even though the foods terrible, they just want to keep everything happy happy all the time. You have to have a critical voice somewhere (usually me), just to keep some perspective on things.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
If you feel you dont belong, thats because it is difficult to feel at home on this type of relatively primitive planet.

But there are two ways one can go with this:

1. Disscociate from the world and others
2. Associate with the world, enjoy it anyway, lend a hand.

The first option does not seem to be a happy road.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
There’s a fantastic thread about this here on ATS.
Let me look it up.

Maybe someone else can find it faster - the *Wanderer* thread.

It is WAY worth the read!

*Running off to find it*...

EDIT: I'm having one heck of a time finding it.

I hope someone else can find it for you if I have to go back to work before I do.

It's One of the BEST threads I've read on ATS since I joined.

Highly recommended.

I'll keep trying, I'd like to read it again anyway...

peace

[edit on 21-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

No, I'm still critical of things. My definition of "negativity" is anything that isn't working as a means of reversing entropy, in so many words.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Errrrr ok....

Indigo or star child alert here

Facepalm directed at myself for bringing up indigos and star children

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7c80c4668eb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I know the feeling, though it doesn't affect me that much most of the time. The occasions when I usually feel out of place is when I'm among people who are strong and prideful about their ignorance. I want so badly to engage them in conversation about how they need to broaden their horizons. But I always keep my mouth shut and act cordial since that's just my nature, plus I can't stand conflict and confrontation.

I'll echo the recommendations of taking a breather from ATS. Earlier this year I was on here constantly to read all sorts of topics. The weight of what I was taking in eventually started wearing on me in such a way that I started to get somewhat depressed and upset at the general state of things in the world. It takes A LOT to make me feel down, so when I realized what was happening I knew it was time for a little change of pace. A few days later I was feel more like myself again. So, if anything, try to take ATS is moderation, especially if it's having a negative impact on you.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Don't let it get to you, i've known people who start like this and end up thinking they're some kind of divine beings, like a permanent roleplay state, it's kind of sad.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I've felt that way all my life.

I never really had many friends, had a brief relationship once, and generally can't stand the physical pain i feel being around people who are mostly oblivious to their ignorance.

I could never understand, even as a young kid, people and their social actions. Every time i made some form of attempt to socialize or engage in some form of social activity i couldn't bring myself to pretend i didn't hate trying to lie to myself for the pleasing of others. So i just did what i did and didn't bother having any form of social interaction. It all went completely against logic and it still does, i can't fathom how people think or what motivates them. How does one become greedy, or hateful, deceitful without encountering any missteps in logic with these and other negative paths? Does one not stop to ponder or think about their life's choices. I see so many people make drastic and usually negative life altering decisions on an offhanded whim with no regard for the results of their choices and actions. And, it's accepted as normal to do so in many cases.

This only leads me to two possible conclusions, that people just don't know, or don't care. I really hope they don't know and their evil is borne from ignorance and lack of any common sense. I REALLY hope that it's not that nobody cares but i oftentimes fear this is the exact case. The only hope i have is that everyone really is that blind. It's hard for me to comprehend the level of ignorance as I'm astounded by it on a daily basis, i can't imagine a life of not knowing anything but how to navigate the simple little rat maze of "normal" life that requires knowing nothing but how to fit in and follow orders. I don't even know what's on tv, haven't seen it for years, but i can't imagine knowing nothing but THAT, like so many people i see do. When i interact i try to spark off meaningful intelligent conversation but i get a tilted head of misunderstanding, and a reply of what happened on TV last week. It hurts so much to see so much wasted life, millions upon millions upon billions of people who COULD accomplish what we can't even begin to dream today IF we applied ourselves to more than just knowing what happened on TV and how to look busy enough not to get yelled at for doing your meaningless work shoddily.

So it's a balance between the pain of loneliness and the pain of companionship, and usually loneliness wins out, almost every time. Solitude hurts a lot less than to be surrounded by the blindness of those all lying to themselves and pretending that's how it supposed to be. Even loved ones, it's hard to tolerate the company of anyone at all, there's many people i have immense love and affection for that i don't want to be around or talk to, because it hurts to see people i care about struggle against their own self-unawareness, and to go through such needless pain and reduced quality of life.

For me, ATS is the most communication and socialization i engage in, i go for weeks sometimes without actually having any contact with others aside from the occasional post/rant when i feel passionate about expressing my thoughts and knowledge to an audience that may understand what i'm saying.

For me most of life is pain, both physical and emotional. My body is pretty used up, beaten and battered, broken bones, (i may have chipped a new bone tonight earler, yay!) my hands hardly work, and plenty of nerve damage makes every little activity, including sleeping, and sitting here, very painful. As far as emotional pain, it's constant as well, for as long as i'm on this planet in it's current state, i feel imprisoned by ignorance.

But some time ago i realized that pain is all i've got, so i might as well enjoy it, and i do. It's my comfort, it's the only companion i feel comfortable having near me, and i've got plenty of it so i'm never "lonely" in that way. I find myself in tears over physical pain when my body spasms and cramps up, but at least i get to experience that powerful of a sensation, and i gain hope, for when pain overwhelms me, i get to hope that it eases up just a bit, and that's the only thing i get to hope for. Pain is the only companion i've ever had that hasn't lied to me or betrayed me.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I don't feel like expressing me lately, some weird sense came over me, smoking pot doesn't help at aaaaaaall.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Errrrr ok....

I see your...

And raise you a...

That's why I don't belong.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I don't know you, but I can feel your pain through your words.
Here's the deal. You DO BELONG! You have a family here who will do everything they can to support you. Feelings are a funny thing. They can get overwhelming, and you can feel like you are an island by yourself.
You're not. I am here for you anytime. You need to vent, yell, or cry? I am here for you. I speak for the entire staff when I say that. You're not alone. Friends and family stick together.

And yes - YOU BELONG!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiritfilled
we don't belong. the cattle become irritating. we must have compassion for them... though there is nothing much we can do to help most of them (they would think we are crazy)

There is plenty of cattle on this site aswell you know.

To the op,yeah ive had this feeling since i was around 18/19 when i realised all the fun things i was doing what every other teenager does actually became a chore and i only really did it because everyone else did so i stopped,had a real rough time of it but im doing ok now,i like what i like and do what i do because i like it now,not because i should be doing it or because others do it

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I'll call your not feeling like you don't belong around friends and colleagues in the real illusion. I certainly understand to the utmost degree.

I'll raise you an "I hardly even fit in around ATS freaks" (meant with utmost affection...really!). Not one circus sideshow will hire me. I think a sincere interest in truth means alienating the human condition. The aim is trancendental in nature. There's a cave with my name on it somewhere.

Perhaps it's only my Aspergisms or inability to be unblunt in my figurative narration and symbolic vagaries.

<<   2 >>

join