It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing items: My laundry card disappeared!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I had a laundry card on my desk. I filled out some paperwork related to the card, and when I went to pick it up it had disappeared. I seriously think the card is gone forever!

I had just cleaned my room so I carefully went through each item in the garbage and if there was something with multiple pages I bent it to make sure my card didn't fall into any of the pages. I checked all my pockets and they were 100% empty. And of course I checked every surface in the room. Its not as if I hadn't just seen the card on my desk five minutes or so prior, so it couldn't really get buried and I had just cleaned my room. I'm pretty sure the card literally disappeared into thin air!

I checked other rooms even though I'm pretty sure I never went into any other rooms during the time and it definitely wasn't in the other rooms. There were definitely no other people at the time at my residence. Nothing else has disappeared, that I know of.

This is even stranger than when my alarm clock went off early before the time it was clearly set for.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
You know what sucks worst about this story.

When you get a new one, and you go through the whole process'.

And about a year from now.

You'll find it.

It's so disheartening.

Sometimes, things end up in the oddest places.

We've all dropped something, and it landed in some place not thought plausible, in any since.

It's only gone, until you don't need it. It's so terrible isn't it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Now I've heard of Socks disappearing in a Dryer, but...

WTH is a Laundry Card? (Must be a UK thing?)

Adhesive on a page?

Did you check the Dryer Lint Trap???

Yer Lil Sis pulling a "Fast One" on you?

Hmmm..."I lost my Mind..."...an intriguing thread concept...

[edit on 8/21/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
A few months ago I nearly started a thread about disappearing spoons.

I'd started to notice that they were just vanishing and I wondered if it was a known phenomenon - so I googled it. Sure enough, loads of blogs, even videos on Youtube with people complaining about their spoons going awol.

I've got another suggestion where you could look. Ages ago I dropped a bracelet on my dressing table and couldn't find it. One of my friends swore it had gone forever into a tiny black hole
Long after I'd forgotten about it I moved a speaker (with no backing to it) and somehow my bracelet had fallen into there. It was so dark inside, I hadn't seen it before.

Do you have any unlikely object that you could have inadvertently knocked the card into?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Of course, after you've forgotten about it and moved on.

Everytime it turns up.

Such a pity.

Good thing my car keys, always seem findable, even if i'm 3 hours late for work.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Ya think that's bad?
sometimes i get up and walk into a room in the house and then i "snap out of it", thinking to myself "why the heck am i in here?". So essentially i lose myself.
Sounds like you other guys got ninjas tho.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Like Hx3, I don't know what a laundry card is. Is it like a credit card that you swipe on the washer and dryer? Speaking of which, a credit card would be a nice alternative to getting your dollars stolen by those thieving coin changers. Maybe there's no such thing as a laundry card and you just imagined it, which is why you can't find it?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by yuefo

You load your laundry card in a special machine in your building. You can do it with cash or debit. It's better than change, big time, but all your eggs are in one basket, so you gotta be careful. Don't ever, ever leave them on a table, apparently

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Ok first i have to ask you what the heck is a laundry card ?

Check wierd places like the fridge, or the pantry. Sometimes when i'm in the middle of doing something i'll get up to get something to eat or drink and when i go back to what i was doing i find that i've lost something i needed and just had a minute ago. After a frustrating search i've often found that i had kept it in my hand and placed it down on a pantry shelf or in the fridge while i was getting something.

reply to post by berenike

You too ? My spoons have been disappearing like crazy, can't figure out where they are going

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Irritating for sure. When i was younger i had dropped a nickel- vanished seemingly right through the hardwood floor without a sound, or anything. not a glimmer of where it may have rolled off too. how annoying is that? as mind boggling as it is that a wormhole may have opened up via the powers of absent mindedness and losing stuff... there's an explanation as always, but cool stuff anyway. prefer the mysterious.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
First of all, I want to know what a laundry card is????

Anyway, I have been trying to stop smoking. After too many years of puffing away I now have some breathing conditions that are requiring medical care. I need so badly to quit. My mother died of lung cancer, I should know better and should have quit way back then, but I didn't. So I noticed last week that I keep losing my cigarettes, which is a maddening but good thing, if you're trying to quit like I am! I would swear I set them on the coffee table, walk off and right back, and they will be gone! It has happened over and over. I am missing at least 10 packs now, unable to locate them anywhere. Execpt one pack. I found it sitting in the door of my dining room cabinet, on top of a book I had given my mother before she died. It was a book filled with letters from mothers to daughters, and daughters to mothers, that allowed you to write your own special message to the person you were giving it to, which I had done before her death. Inside the book are my mothers obituary from the paper, and a small picture of her.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
This is funny to find this thread today , as I just came off the phone with my girlfriend and we were trying to figure out where my pack of cigarettes went since yesterday evening .

She looked over the whole house in the morning (she likes to have a cigarette in the morning before work) but she could not find it anywhere and we both remember it being on the table yesterday evening when we were going to bed

Edit: Heh space cadet I see a synchronism in our posts . While I was typing the replay I did not even see your post .

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Thill]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

When i first started reading your post i was thinking that maybe your SO or another family member was tossing them in an effort to help you quit. However after reading where you found the pack that you did find it sounds as if it may be your mom trying to help you quit.

Don't know if you've looked into them, but i've heard a lot of people say those e-cigs helped them quit. They say they work better than any patches or gum, and after awhile they don't need the e-cigs as much anymore either.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Has anyone ever read HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy? Maybe the spoons and the laundry card have gone off and started their own planet toghether?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I think you are right, when I found those on the book, I automatically thought my mom was telling me to stop, I started crying and thinking how, how am I gonna quit? I have been trying, I have not got the will power, I literally say to my cigarette pack these days 'I hate you', they have more power over my life than any person, thing or need. I cannot tell them no. I don't know how some people are able to just put them down.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I'm in the exact same boat. I no the dangers, i feel the effects on my body, especially my lungs, but i just can't stop. I don't even think it's the nicotine anymore, it's like they've just become a part of me because i've been smoking for so long.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

The thing about socks - they are unhappily married to their other half, so they see that little chink of hope in the drier, and they go through to the other side and get happily married to a pair of underpants, which was denied them in this cruel world.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I have no idea where your laundry card might have gone to. Do you have a pet cat or a ferret that might have gotten a hold of it?

I used to have a pet ferret that loved to stash odd things it found in my sofa cushions.

I can tell you this, though, missing items are usually found in the last place you look, if that is any help!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
either u or ur dog/cat/pet ate it.

new topics

top topics

join