It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Brown - Reading Order of his books...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Hi, just got a copy of the "Da Vinci Code"... started reading it... and it feels like i am missing stuff... lol... how am i ment to read the books... in what order or such?? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

[Edited on 13/5/2004 by jameo131i]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hi Jameo --
I read "angels and demons' first. I blew through it in about two days. Seems like he's got a real axe to grind with the Roman Catholic Church, but overall it was a pretty interesting book: Polished it off in about two days.
it's also the first book which Brown uses to introduce his character, Robert Langden (right? That's his name, I think).
Then, came the Da Vinci Code. I haven't read TDVC yet, but I've heard that you can read it as stand-alone. Personally, I"m waiting for it to come out in paperback.

Also -
I'm just finishing up "Deception Point." Excellent book if you're a techy/conspiracy junkie. It's got a chunk of politics mixed in, but it's really an excellent, fast read. I've had trouble putting it down. This book does not incorporate the character Robert Langden (Only the DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons do).

I haven't yet read "Digital Fortress" though i've heard that it's the weakest of his novels thus far.

Hopefully this helps!

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
THANK YOU! LOL! Yeah i have just gotten "Angels and Demons" and am about 10 or 11 chapters in... it's good so far! I also have TDVC but wen i started reading it... it sorta referred to somethings that the main character had already done... i was like damn i don't know what the hell is going on here... so i got the other book! LOL! I live in Australia, so we get the UK paperback editions, which have these really cool covers... hardback books are really hard to read... and hold lol!! AND EXPENSIVE... the paperbacks were normally $20AUD , which TDVC was... but i found a cheaper place to get A&D... i got it for like $13AUD! LOL! YAY!

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'm about 16 chapters into A&D. Thankfully, I was told about reading it before TDVC.

Just a question here, don't you have libraries that you can get these from. Books are too pricey to me to buy everything I read. I'd have to get a second job,...and then I'd never have time to read, LOL.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I've read Deception Point, Angels and Demons, and The Da Vinci Code. I read TDVC before Angels and Demons, but it wasn't that bad to read them out of order. I read Deception Point after both of them but it was ok because it didn't incorporate Langdon so it was all new and fresh. I haven't read Digital Fortress yet.

I'm eagerly anticipating his next work which will be about the Freemasons.

Just a question here, don't you have libraries that you can get these from. Books are too pricey to me to buy everything I read. I'd have to get a second job,...and then I'd never have time to read, LOL.

I like to buy books so I can have them to read again and again. And I like having a bookshelf full of good books.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Yeah me too! LOL! Freemasons... WICKED! LOL!

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I figured out that I spend approximatley 165 dollars/month on purchasing reading supplies. As far as I'm concerned, I'd be better off quitting my reading addiction and taking up a pack a day cigg habit: It'd be aboue half as much money.

In other words, nearly every free penny I have goes into purchasing books. Truth is, too, I read most everythingI purchase. If I don't read it, then I re-sell it on amazon.com as a used book. I like to buy all the books I read, as if the book itself is a trophy of sorts to my intellectual fervor.

I just finished "Deception Point" by Dan Brown. I posted a brief review on Amazon.com (under the name "les_etoiles") on it. Overall, it was good...it seems like it may gain a good conspiracy following, as it is a rather conspiratorial "don't-trust-the-government" type of book.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well, I finished reading Angels & Demons. I now feel qualified to say the proper reading order of Brown's books is to not read any of them.
A&D was a total disappointment. He came off as someone trying to cash in on the current conspiracy theory popularity.
He also seems to have lots of issues with the Catholic Church.

Dan Brown will not be on my list of favorite authors----EVER.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
awww wat a book it angels and demon
amzin story line absolute must read and the twists in it are uncountable
absolutely brlliant

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Both Angels & Demons and The DaVinci Code dwell a lot on features included in various paintings and statues, so I found the illustrated editions of these books far easier to follow. Here is a link to the illustrated edition of Angels & Demons:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217964222&sr=1-1

Libraries are likely to have the illustrated versions of both books, or if not, they may agree to order it for you if you ask them.

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Uphill]

new topics

top topics

join