It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo, evidence for and against.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
What do I need to change my mind about? And if you told me you're an Indigo, based on your aura, I'd know your not being honest based on your other posts, haha. You just won't take my word for it. Don't blame you, and you shouldn't take anyone's word, face value.

I believe Indigos are real. Some of the things said about them, false, some things said about them true. The thread is for the evidence for and against, and so far, all of your posts don't do much of anything when it comes to the 'against' side. Most of your 'theories' are based on speculation and lack of research. Do your research.
Can Indigo children be a mere figment of the imagination? Depends on how you look at it. If there are children councilors continuing to see this exponential growth in these children's characteristics, all of them following this same track, then obviously something is going on...
Indigo is just a term to identify these children, I being one of them.
Could they have been called something else? Yes.
Are there similar traits among people who don't claim to be Indigo? Yes.
But they are called Indigos based on there aura colors. Look into auras if you don't know much about them. I personally don't know much about them, otherwise I'd tell ya bit about the subject.

It really comes down to the specific personality traits we all share, much more so than the 'gifted' list that was provided in the other posts. But it's not all about the 'traits'. The Indigo Phenomenon hasn't been noticed much up until the late 90's and now. People knew about it prior, but it's getting much more attention now, than ever, due to the increase in these undeniable traits. So I don't have all the answers you're looking for. I simply can't explain some of these things. The point is, is that there IS a difference. If you look hard enough, since you want to find out so bad, you'll definitely find it.

[edit on 08/16/2009 by 11Indigo11]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 11Indigo11

Undeniable traits?

Hyperbole as a last resort, eh?

List some.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
How many of you 'debunkers' are actually trained to see Auras?
It is not hard to learn how to, I suggest you do.
My own aura is indigo, which is a quite rare but not uncommon color.

I am indigo or whatever? I don't know and don't give a damn. I don't know the relationship between aura and the lore behind indigo children, but I do know there are 'chosen' ones whether they know it or not. In time, all we be very clear. From a biblical perspective, those who are going during the rapture may well be 'indigo' like.

No one can prove such things, in the end it is a matter of research, faith and belief.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Disclaimer: As elsewhere!

Explanation:
:shk: 3 and 1/3rd pages and not one taker [i.e. indigo claimant] willing to be tested! Hmmm?
What does that say?

RE: Undeniable traits? Wasn't a link provided on page1 by SpaceGoatFartsthat listed 37 TESTABLE traits?

RE: TheOracles statement that "No one can prove such things," is a victim mentality and an insult to my intelligence! I refuse to be disenfranchised by such broad sweeping generalizations that try to victimize me and also that try to ENCOURAGE IGNORANCE!

Personal Disclosure: The OP's Topic is clearly about evidence! For and Against! I see many members claiming indigoness and none of those members stepping up to the plate! I declared my personal bias upfront but was quite reasonable to give them a chance to be tested against a standard as chosen by one of their own claimants! I'm seriously disgusted by by all those members partaking in this thread who have claimed indigoness and don't have the spine or the guts to take the test! YOU MAKE ME WANT TO

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Why list them all when you can see them for yourself, NOT having to take my word for it. Don't, please don't take my word for it. But you will find your answers Saidin if you look yourself. Perhaps you'll teach me a thing or two on the subject as well.

Stepping up to the plate?
I personally am just to lazy to go find all the specific traits on all the websites and books that are out there. If ya want to know soooo damn bad, then go look, and you will find the answers you're looking for.

Please, don't take us Indigo's at face value. I COULD be a big liar, creating a name with the term Indigo in it to get my 0.0032% attention that I love Oh-so much, all in hopes in to eventually come across a thread such as this just to say that I am one; yes I could be doing that; or I could really be one.

Since the thread is "FOR and AGAINST", I found it intriguing to check out the AGAINST part for I know they are indeed real. I'm not gonna post the FOR part, because I don't feel I have to, nor do I want to go and put together all these things that people can just go see for themselves....

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Explanation:
:shk: 3 and 1/3rd pages and not one taker [i.e. indigo claimant] willing to be tested! Hmmm?
What does that say?

And what method of testing do you suggest?

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
RE: Undeniable traits? Wasn't a link provided on page1 by SpaceGoatFartsthat listed 37 TESTABLE traits?

Not really, as it only mentions "Characteristics of gifted individuals". Here's some results of the search for "are you an indigo"...

Are you always searching for your greater purpose in life but feel like the world isn't set up for your kind?

Do you sometimes feel wise beyond your years?

Do you have trouble conforming to the ways of society?

Do you feel out of place in today's world?

Do you perceive the world very differently than most people around you?

Do you have strong intuition about certain things that most others do not?

Do you often feel misunderstood when you try to talk to people about what's real?

Are you a truth seeker?

Do you feel like you were born to accomplish a special mission in life?

Do you feel isolated and alone in your beliefs?

Misunderstood by family?

Do you feel anti-social unless you are with people of like mind?

Are you emotionally sensitive?

Did you have a difficult childhood?

Do you often feel disempowered by too much authority?

Source

This test is based on the book "Indigo Children" by Lee Carroll and the subsequent movement in the spiritual community. Since the book was first published, people of all ages have identified themselves as Indigos.
This is a simple 25-question test to see if you may be one of them, too.

Source

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Explanation: RE: "Please, don't take us Indigo's at face value."...I won't!

RE: "I checked out those characteristics, and yes, I fit them all."
and "Listen, I call myself an Indigo because I simply fit the characteristics,"
and "I classify myself as an Indigo because of the characteristics and 'traits'."===>....
...So lets see now and compare what you have posted against the standard supplied by SpaceGoatFarts and agreed upon by you! Re: " I just got done reading the Fortune URL you posted SpaceGoats, and I must say thank you very much for that. Yup, I fit all of those, but I wouldn't like to tell people I'm gifted."
WHY? Hmmm? ====>"Since the thread is "FOR and AGAINST", I found it intriguing to check out the AGAINST part for I know they are indeed real."...I'm going to use you as an example of evidence AGAINST!

1]Are you a good problem solver? = Nope! Not in this case!
2]Can you concentrate for long periods of time? Nope! RE: "I personally am just to lazy"

3]Are you a perfectionist? = Nope! See No#1 above.
4]Do you persevere with your interests? = Nope! See No#2 above.
5]Are you an avid reader? = Unresolved? Care to scan in a library card or show an amazon account print screen?
6]Do you have a vivid imagination? = Yes! Thats No contest!

7]Do you enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles? = Unresolved? Care to show a scan of multiple 1000 piece jigsaws that you have completed?
8]Often connect seemingly unrelated ideas? = Unresolved? Been awarded any prizes for deep critical insight lately???
9]Do you enjoy paradoxes? = Unresolved? A simple list of enjoyed paradoxes would suffice!
10]Do you set high standards for yourself? = Nope! See No's#1,2,3 and 4
11]Do you have a good long-term memory? = Unresolved? Memory test results could be posted!
12]Are you deeply compassionate? = Unresolved? A simple scan of a taxfree charity donation reciept would suffice!
13]Do you have persistent curiosity? = Nope! See No's#2 and 4
14]Do you have a good sense of humor? = Unresolved? Multiple threads or posts posted in the Jokes forum would suffice!
15]Are you a keen observer? = Unresolved? see No#8
16]Do you love mathematics? = Unresolved? Personal disclosure of ones feelings in this matter would suffice!
17]Do you need periods of contemplation? = Unresolved? A digital picture of a personal study or meditation area and disclosure on how one studies or meditates would suffice!
18]Do you search for meaning in your life? = Unresolved? A self compiled checklist of multiple efforts made to this end and posted would suffice!
19]Are you aware of things that others are not? = Unresolved? See No's#15 and 8.
20]Are you fascinated by words? = Unresolved? A digital picture of the dictionaries one uses and a short "in your own words" definition of etymology would suffice. Extra Kudo's for multiple languages!
21]Are you highly sensitive? = Yes! Seems my post hit a raw nerve!
22]Do you have strong moral convictions? = Unresolved? Open disclosure on ones stance on abortion/prochoice or slavery or torture would resolve this issue.
23]Do you often feel out-of-sync with others? = Yes! Your personal disclosure was enough for me!
24]Are you perceptive or insightful? = Unresolved? See No's#19,15 and 8.
25]Do you often question rules or authority? = Yes! Your personal disclsoure was enough for me but any scanned hand written letter to TPTB asking for clarity regarding some political ruling would suffice.
26]Do you have organized collections? = Unresolved? Digital pictures of such personal collections would suffice.
27]Do you thrive on challenge? = Nope! I placed a direct challenge to you indigo claimants and you passed it by!

28]Do you have extraordinary abilities and deficits? = Unresolved? We won't know until you indigo claimants agree to be Fully TESTED!
29]Do you learn new things rapidly? = Unresolved? See No#28
30]Feel overwhelmed by many interests/abilities? = Yes! See No's#1,2 and 3.
31]Do you have a great deal of energy? Nope! See No#2
32]Often take a stand against injustice? Unresolved? See No's#22 and 23.
33]Do you feel driven by your creativity? Unresolved? Personal disclosure and digital pictures of ones multiple creative endevours would suffice.
34]Love ideas and ardent discussion? = Yes! ATS membership should suffice!
35]Did you have developmentally advanced childhood? = Unresolved? Personal disclosure on ones educational/cultural upbringing and some scanned school report cards showing high grades would suffice!
36]Have unusual ideas or perceptions? = Yes! You clearly think making a spurious claim = proof! :shk: You can't get much more unusual than that! Especially on ATS where the motto is deny ignorance!

37]Are you a complex person? = Unresolved? A psychological report detailing ones deep complexity should suffice!

Resulting in 8 negatives, 7 positives and 22 unresolved.
Thats over 20% missmatch so far but less than 20% in your favour and 60% as yet unresolved! Just in the Numbers game you come up short!

Personal Disclosure: I completely agree with your self assessment RE: "
Hahahaha, you're right, I am an idiot."...

P.S. RE: "Think of the term Indigo as more as a base of certain characteristics that many people are showing signs of. Kind of like an advanced horoscope that is much more accurate than any zodiac sign has come close to, that fits a certain minority of people TOO perfectly to just dismiss."

and "It would be like, for instance, if you were, lets say, a Capricorn, and nobody knew what a Capricorn was, but when you read the description of what they are, it fits you perfectly."

and "just as I would say I'm an Aquarius."

and "So I guess I think it's cool that I was born in February also, so I must not really be an Aquarius; give me a break."

And I would just like to mention that these zodiac demographics are well defined by birthdates and a birth certificate would suffice as valid evidence of being a candidate of such a zodiac sign! So NO! No Break for you!

Edited to fix emoticon.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo-V™

Explanation: As you can see in my above post replying to 11indigo11 that all I require is a standard [you provide 2 new ones. please choose 1 and we can get started
] and for proof I require personal disclosure when it comes to feelings and I require some kind of valid visual record when it comes to things provable by such evidence i.e avid reader = bookclub membership card or equivilent documents proving such, scanned and posted here on ATS!

Personal Disclosure: The questions posed in the 3 sets of "are you gifted/indigo" test aren't that hard to answer or provide proof for! So I remain
as to why no volunteers! Hypocrisy doesn't do your cause any favours!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Too lazy. I see.

How.. expected.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Saidin, those were just some of the traits. But those were traits for "gifted' people. Which I do fit, you just speculate, based on these mere posts that I don't fit in with them, hahahahaha. I'm not a perfectionist, because I'm lazy? Ohkaaay.
I indeed love watching how you analyze all of this though. You're good at that, and at making assumptions. Especially when you put percentages into it, that I can tell you've actually tried to do, that's really humorous. I don't mean any offense by this at all, I just love how you go into great detail, when most of it is very far off, yet you stick to as fact.
The Indigo traits go past the ones described, not to mention the aura. I sit here behind my computer, just not caring enough, or not nearly as much as you do, about this whole thing, which leads me to such dull responses...

Continue to try and play detective speculator. It's amusing. I reply, get off this thread, go and do other things, then when I'm bored, I'll come back to check if you replied back.... And you do.

So it's kinda something to do, when there isn't anything else to do.
Can't wait for what you come up with this time

Oh and you soooo hit a raw nerve. I am deeply hit by your posts, haha

[edit on 08/16/2009 by 11Indigo11]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Anyone can come by here and read your replies and already see you don't care enough to answer anything. Was half that even directed at me? Why don't you just stop posting if it's such a hassle for you?

Also, this whole "I could care less" attitude, only makes you seem completely ordinary. Why not just say "Whatever!" in a valley girl accent?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I believe I've answered what I think is enough to consider 'reasonable' replies. I know you, or others might think otherwise.

Why should I care? Or, better, 'Why should I care nearly as much as your portray to do? This is a mere thread on a forum, one that I am new to nonetheless, therefore my feelings towards this whole thread, your posts, and so on are just 'blah'. I stick to my side, as well as knowing your mind won't change. Your mind changing, still won't be significant enough for me to acknowledge caring.

I came on here to give my opinion, not to be judged, and have blind assumptions thrown at meh, haha. I don't have a scanner, nor would I waste my time scanning a library card, math tests, crossword puzzles, etc,

I'll leave this post, and stop with my 'non-caring' replies if ya like Saidin.
(In valley girl accent)
You go girl. You should seriously, like (chews gum) keep going, because like OMG it's sooo funnay.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Explanation: Mistaking Saidin for me and or visaversa also doesn't do your cause any favours! Also I made absolutely no assumptions but instead QUOTED YOUR STATEMENTS directly and in context!

RE: " I don't mean any offense by this at all, I just love how you go into great detail, when most of it is very far off, yet you stick to as fact."...At least my "facts" are presented i.e. My "your statements on ATS don't meet your claims" post above! WHERE ARE YOURS? You haven't willingly supplied even one! I had to go scrutinize your previous posts on this thread for crumbs that you so lazilly and loosely bandied about!

RE: "The Indigo traits go past the ones described, not to mention the aura."....and I'm sure they do but you certainly aren't displaying any! Care to refute?

Personal Disclosure: Since you clearly state that you don't really care about this thread, then I have to ask why did you post here in the 1st place?
The cognitive dissonance posted by you is profound and prolific!
If you can't stay on topic i.e provide evidence so as to deny ignorance, then please
ok!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My mistake for seeing it as you didn't post that Saidin, but you more or less do agree with OmegaLogos.

I came to this thread because I wanted to see the side 'against' Indigos since I feel I am one, and know many. I was was 'intrigued' to see what others had do say.

Those are assumptions. You can't base the context of my replies solely on just typed text.

I have presented information. I just haven't scanned it in

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Ok then

All "indigos " around, prove me you're specials and gifted by any sorts .

just a simple simple proof and i would be happy to shut my mouth and stop laughing every times i see you guys "indigos" or "zomg respect me im special"
Prove me you're not just a bunch of poor attention seekers.

Go ahead

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

The Indigo traits go past the ones described, not to mention the aura. I sit here behind my computer, just not caring enough, or not nearly as much as you do, about this whole thing, which leads me to such dull responses...

Oh, the auras......any proofs ?

I sit here behind my computer, just not caring enough, or not nearly as much as you do, about this whole thing, which leads me to such dull responses...

Expected arrogant answer from someone running out of arguments to explain he is an "indigo" (hurrr durrr)

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA

Oh, the auras......any proofs ?

I sit here behind my computer, just not caring enough, or not nearly as much as you do, about this whole thing, which leads me to such dull responses...

Expected arrogant answer from someone running out of arguments to explain he is an "indigo" (hurrr durrr)

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo-V™

Not really, as it only mentions "Characteristics of gifted individuals". Here's some results of the search for "are you an indigo"...

Are you always searching for your greater purpose in life but feel like the world isn't set up for your kind?

Do you sometimes feel wise beyond your years?

Do you have trouble conforming to the ways of society?

Do you feel out of place in today's world?

Do you perceive the world very differently than most people around you?

Do you have strong intuition about certain things that most others do not?

Do you often feel misunderstood when you try to talk to people about what's real?

Are you a truth seeker?

Do you feel like you were born to accomplish a special mission in life?

Do you feel isolated and alone in your beliefs?

Misunderstood by family?

Do you feel anti-social unless you are with people of like mind?

Are you emotionally sensitive?

Did you have a difficult childhood?

Do you often feel disempowered by too much authority?

Source

That's pretty much every teenager I've ever meet.

Maybe Indigo's just new age goth, with blue instead of black.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
That is a very good observation Pauligirl, though I'm not too sure about 'every' teenager, but it's possible. Indigo 'professionals' seem to say it's a new generation of children. Maybe a new consciouness altogether?
Good observation though.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11Indigo11
That is a very good observation Pauligirl, though I'm not too sure about 'every' teenager, but it's possible. Indigo 'professionals' seem to say it's a new generation of children. Maybe a new consciouness altogether?
Good observation though.

I'm sorry but I've never seen any publication from child counsellors suggesting there is an increase of indigo children ; and that 90% of the children from this generation are indigo. Could you please link it to me ?

I worked as a youth movement leader for 5 years and honnestly the kids I met there are no more spiritually inclined or in advance for their age. Quite the contrary. They are overly materialistic and egotic, and are only interested in new technologies (their cellphone/console), Youtube and Facebook.
Some kids were indeed very gifted, in advance for their age, talking more with us than with other kids. But hardly more than a few. And this is perfectly normal and not different than 20 or 50 years ago.

As for the claims of the "indigo professionals", you cannot use this as a proof. It is like asking a "2012 specialist" if the mayan doom is real or asking a BigPharma CEO if drugs are good for you. Biased view...

I'm open to your explanation, but I do not see this myself. 90% indigo kids ? Come on... In my country, kids today are dumber than 20 years ago (because of internet) according to all surveys.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join