It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo, evidence for and against.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo-V™pondering what kind of insecurities it takes for someone to start to literally believe themselves to be another type of race.

Ah, so I did. I stand corrected.

Edgar Cayce - And now while he may have been born before the time given for the arrival of Indigos, that is proof enough for me that some people do have the abilty.

This is proof of nothing. Definitely not that Indigos have clairvoyance, which is what I was asking. Could you maybe keep on topic? Why should I have to go through Edgar Cayce predictions when I asked for something fairly specific? Why not just answer "I don't have anything like that, because there is no such proof." I believe in clairvoyance already, but when someone claims that "So many Indigos are classified as Clairvoyant", it should be simple to find ONE example.

Nothing, just like there is nothing wrong with a group of people believing they are Indigo children, who's purpose is to inject a little love and positivity in to this world.

Here's what's wrong with it. Why do you need a title to do anything the Indigos claim they want to do? Why the need for segregation by title, only to claim you want unity? If love and positivity are so important, then drop the Indigo charade and love people, be positive all day. That's not directed at you, Neo, but all supposed Indigos.

Of coarse it is, you assume everyone who class themselves as Indigo would go around telling the whole World, and the point is that not everyone would.

Is that what I assume? Thanks for putting words in my mouth. No, I'm fairly sure I was implying that if an Indigo made a groundbreaking discovery, they would have the opportunity to make Indigos known worldwide. Why wouldn't they? Is cowardice one of the traits of an Indigo?

Not being ostracised for a start.

So, let's go back to your original example then. You cure cancer, and everyone is happy and thinks you are a hero. You could claim to be a reptile at that point and I doubt people would ostracize you. It would only be the best possible moment to make such an announcement. Also, why would Indigos care about ostracization? They have access to multidimensional layers of awareness and clairvoyance, wouldn't they know if they were going to be ostracized? And even if they did know, would they care? Being as they are spiritually advanced; wouldn't they shrug it off and know deep down that at least they are trying to help the world?

So you don't agree the World would be a better place if it had more people in it trying to change it.

No, I don't agree with that. Because that's not what is being discussed, at all. I noticed you didn't even use the word Indigo there, why not? It seems like you're trying to revert to MY point, which is normal humans have the ability to change this world. People claiming to be indigos are only going to cause division, because there's no reason to claim being different, when the desired outcome is peace and unity.

I understand your point of view, you think that because someone famous in their field of work, isn't at every given opportunity claiming to the World they got where they are solely due to being an Indigo, must mean that Indigos don't exist. What exactly is your perception of an Indigo?

This is your answer to "What has any Indigo done that a human has not?"? And not only that, but you implied that it was such a complete answer, that I must be avoiding the response because "I don't like it". Even though, this post was before I even asked that question. No, that was a response to "You aren't even trying to see things from my point of view.", which you aren't. You've never once touched on the fact that the world situation is becoming dire, and that this shouldn't be the case if we've had Indigos working to help us for the past 100 years.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saidin
This is proof of nothing. Definitely not that Indigos have clairvoyance, which is what I was asking. Could you maybe keep on topic?

I remained on topic, perhaps you should digest what I've wrote before replying.

Originally posted by Neo-V™
that is proof enough for me that some people do have the abilty.

Why not just answer "I don't have anything like that, because there is no such proof."

You asked for proof of clairvoyance, so I provided the best example of it.

I believe in clairvoyance already, but when someone claims that "So many Indigos are classified as Clairvoyant", it should be simple to find ONE example.

They're all around you.

Clairvoyance – the ability to see spirit – results when judgments, imprints, denials and various traumas associated with the Indigo chakra or “Third Eye” have been resolved. All of us are equipped and therefore capable of seeing spirit. Our ability to make effective use of this beneficial tool depends on how much effort we are willing to put into clearing this chakra. Clairvoyance is not a gift divinely bestowed upon a chosen few but rather our collective heritage. It is who we are.

Source

Why do you need a title to do anything the Indigos claim they want to do?

You don't need one.

Why the need for segregation by title, only to claim you want unity?

The only one doing the segregating is you, and this sums up why...

Originally posted by 11Indigo11
I agree completely. People see the term 'spiritually advanced' and they get upset because they take it offensively. But face it people, some of us out there ARE indeed more spiritually advanced. Why? Because we choose to be. Anyone can, that's what people seem to miss. We're not saying, 'We Indigo's are the only ones capable of achieving spiritual enlightenment.'
On the contrary 100%. We Indigo's just CHOOSE to go towards that path of enlightenment, sooner than most of today's society. Anyone can achieve it though.

As Blue Alice says, as long as you live a life of Love&Forgiveness, you will always be on the path to a more 'advanced' you.

If love and positivity are so important, then drop the Indigo charade and love people, be positive all day. That's not directed at you, Neo, but all supposed Indigos.

That should be directed at EVERYONE!

Is that what I assume?

Clearly, as that's the bulk of your argument, that an Indigo couldn't possibly go on the World stage without informing the World they are one.

Also, why would Indigos care about ostracization?

They're still human at the end of the day.

I noticed you didn't even use the word Indigo there, why not?

I do think the world would be a better place if we were all more like them.

Fine, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Agree to disagree.

Because for that point it was about people being more like them.

People claiming to be indigos are only going to cause division, because there's no reason to claim being different, when the desired outcome is peace and unity.

It only causes a division by those who take issue with it. Why does people saying they are, at the very least more spiritual than most, cause a division, I just don't get it.

You've never once touched on the fact that the world situation is becoming dire, and that this shouldn't be the case if we've had Indigos working to help us for the past 100 years.

Look at all that has happened over the last hundred years, it could have been a lot worse, and no, I can't provide any evidence that it's thanks to Indigos that it isn't, but then again, you can't provide any to say that it isn't.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo-V™I remained on topic, perhaps you should digest what I've wrote before replying.

The topic is "Indigo, evidence for and against." Edgar Cayce fits in how? It's pretty clear I was asking for evidence of clairvoyance, from an Indigo. Your evasions are telling.

that is proof enough for me that some people do have the abilty.

Great. It's not enough for me, as it seems more like prognostication, than clairvoyance.

They're all around you.

What? So then why Edgar Cayce as your evidence? Why not something from, say, an Indigo? Ok, enough games, you said earlier that you could be considered an Indigo, yes? Do you have clairvoyance? No? Then list for me the reasons you should be considered an Indigo.

You don't need one.

Then stop using it. Why is that not in the cards?

Originally posted by 11Indigo11
I agree completely. People see the term 'spiritually advanced' and they get upset because they take it offensively. But face it people, some of us out there ARE indeed more spiritually advanced. Why? Because we choose to be. Anyone can, that's what people seem to miss. We're not saying, 'We Indigo's are the only ones capable of achieving spiritual enlightenment.'
On the contrary 100%. We Indigo's just CHOOSE to go towards that path of enlightenment, sooner than most of today's society. Anyone can achieve it though.

As Blue Alice says, as long as you live a life of Love&Forgiveness, you will always be on the path to a more 'advanced' you.

Ok? You just don't seem to understand my position, at all. If the titles aren't required, and every human can do this, just use the title of human. Spiritual enlightenment, eh? But that's it, all you'll say? Nothing profound after having gotten such enlightenment? "Help the world through love and understanding" isn't anything new, or difficult to understand. Maybe you could define what spiritual enlightenment is?

Clearly, as that's the bulk of your argument, that an Indigo couldn't possibly go on the World stage without informing the World they are one.

Try to take this in, without feeling insulted. You. Are. Wrong. Ok? I'm not saying what you posted, I'm saying, in the past 100 years, of inventions and academic achievements, not one has mentioned Indigos. My point is they COULD have. And your answers to why they wouldn't, are: "They're still human at the end of the day.", but yet you also want to claim spiritual superiority. Which means you should be able to see past yourself. So some people may laugh at you, you would be on the world stage, and would reach billions. No, too much to ask, I guess. When does the advancement of humanity outweigh an Indigo getting hurt feelings?

It only causes a division by those who take issue with it. Why does people saying they are, at the very least more spiritual than most, cause a division, I just don't get it.

No, it's a two-way road. You could just drop the title, and work hard to unite humanity. What's the harm there? Exactly, no harm, except to some Indegos.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Listen, I call myself an Indigo because I simply fit the characteristics, just as I would say I'm an Aquarius. I use the term Indigo basically to relate with other Indigos that understand me. I am different than a lot of people. Why do people seem to take the word 'different' as a negative word. I didn't say I am better, or more special, I'm just different, and we Indigos all can relate to that difference, since we all share the same traits, just as some horoscopes do.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 11Indigo11

All that without saying how you are so different. Well excuse me for not taking your word for it. Everyone on this planet is "different than a lot of people." So, which list of traits do you use to judge? The same as the link on the first page? Are you clairvoyant, or psychic, or telepathic, and willing to prove it to me? Because that would actually be something that makes you different, from just about everyone else. How are you spiritually advanced/Enlightened?

It's coming across that you're saying something to the effect of "I just want to call myself this, and who cares what you think?!" Possibly because you think the characteristics of an Indigo are cool, more so than you fit with them? That's the conclusion I have to come to, when given nothing of substance to determine what the differences are.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I know some people don't like when we try to compare people's intellectual abilities, but for me "Indigos" are just self-diagnosed gifted people (or at least 50% of them) :

en.wikipedia.org...

Giftedness is a term coming from the psychological world. It can be (sometimes not very precisely) identified via characteristics and tests.

The indigos focus mainly on their "differences", their "spiritual awareness", and their "abilities", to describe themselves.

Here are some descriptions relating to giftedness. Notice how it fit's the indigo description too :

"Gifted children often develop asynchronously; their minds are often ahead of their physical growth, and specific cognitive and emotional functions are often developed differently (or to differing extents) at different stages of development."

"Generally, gifted individuals learn more quickly, deeply, and broadly than their peers. Gifted children may learn to read early and operate at the same level as normal children who are significantly older. The gifted tend to demonstrate high reasoning ability, creativity, curiosity, a large vocabulary, and an excellent memory. They often can master concepts with few repetitions. They may also be physically and emotionally sensitive, perfectionistic, and may frequently question authority. Some have trouble relating to or communicating with their peers because of disparities in vocabulary size (especially in the early years), personality, interests and motivation. As children, they may prefer the company of older children or adults."

"Some gifted individuals experience heightened sensory awareness and may seem overly sensitive to sight, sound, smell and touch. For example, they may be extremely uncomfortable when they have a wrinkle in their sock, or unable to concentrate because of the sound of a clock ticking on the other side of the room. Hypersensitivity to external stimuli can be said to resemble a proneness to "sensory overload", which can cause persons to avoid chaotic and crowded environments"

"In many cases, awareness may fluctuate between conditions of hyperstimulation and of withdrawal. These conditions may appear to be similar to symptoms of hyperactivity, bipolar disorder, ADHD, autism-spectrum conditions, and other psychological disorders, but are often explained by gifted education professionals by reference to Kazimierz Dabrowski's theory of Positive Disintegration."

"Social and emotional issues (because gifted persons are not better persons)

Isolation
Isolation is one of the main challenges faced by gifted individuals, especially those with no social network of gifted peers

Perfectionism
Perfectionism is another issue for gifted individuals. It is encouraged by the fact that gifted individuals tend to be easily successful in much of what they do.

Underachievement
There is often a stark gap between the abilities of the gifted individual and his or her actual accomplishments

Depression
It has been thought in the past that there is a correlation between giftedness and depression or suicide."

[...]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Gifted people are usually not diagnosed. It leads to many problems because the gifted kids do not recognize themselves in the vast majority of people. They know they are different but don't know how.

Then they start to search everywhere to find people understanding them, or with the same characteristics. Once they found those people, they are so usually happy that they do not questions the validity of the explanation.

So if the explanation was the indigo theory, they will call themselves indigo. If the explanation was the giftedness theory, they will call themselves gifted.

I personnaly think that the indigo theory is pure new-age BS, but that they are in fact gifted for the main part, and that some others are bipolar or with ADHD etc.

The fact that gifted people LOVE the paranormal and "out of this world" stuffs (and also all "parallel" disciplines : homeopathy,meditation, lucid dreaming, ...) also further advocates that indigo are in fact gifted people with a new-age" explanation on top (because they like that).

I know that saying that you are gifted is sooo pretentious, seems sooo full of ego. But gifted people never created this word. It is a word out of the medical world. What gifted people say is just they are different. And believe me, it is not different in a good way all along.

I was diagnosed "gifted" at 25. Now my life seems a little more balanced and I have more self esteem than before. But until 25 I was emotionnaly wrecked ; I never felt right in this society ; my academic records were not good, on the contrary ; the "sensory overload" and emotionnal issues made me an insomniac for years ; I did drugs ; I was an alcoholic, I felt #.

So yes I'm not "different" from other people, I have problems, I'm a human, etc... , but also yes I'm different ; everyday of my life reminds it to me : I hear more frequencies, see more details, remember more thing. I never understand how other people reason, and I always feel I don't reason the same way. I learn quickly, so quickly my bosses are always pissed when I correct them.

It sounds so pretentious and I know it. This is why I never discuss this subject in real life, only under the anonymous nickname of a forum. Because the social code states that it is not ok to say you do not have the same intellectual abilities than others. It is ok to say you have difficulties, but not that you do better.

So I grew up during 25 years with this idea in my head, trying to force me believe I was "normal". It can do much damage to your mental health. Now I'm finally well in my life. I quitted drugs and alcohol, I love my job and I'm in control of my life again.

And I can say to you, don't doubt "Indigos" exists. But they just call themselves like that because they don't know other people which are not "indigos" have the same characteristics. It is like saying that Nazi's Ubermenschen Aryans exists. Well, blue-eyed blond germans exist, but the "Ubermenschen" theory is BS.

Same with indigo, it is a label, it is BS, but they do exist (and they should stop the crack because they cannot read minds and they are not coming from the stars
edit: or we all do...)

edit 2 :

If you feel that the characteristics above describing giftedness are stupid and apply to everyone, you might want to read more about the subject or go ask a psychologist about having yourself tested. Because gifted people usually live in denial and that up to 10% (depending on the criteria) of the people may be described as "gifted". So you may be one too.

Even more likely because you are on ATS and as stated before gifted people LOVE conspiracies, the paranormal etc, ... So this forum is probably infested with "gifted" people.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Gifted people have always existed and will continue to exist even when this Indigo fad has vanished.

A couple of hyper active kids does not warrant a special tag, no matter how much you love them.

I could consider my little sister and indigo due to her talent at art and sculpture, but i don't. She's just good at what she does.

I could consider my grandfather an indigo because of his gift with words, his ability to draw and paint anything from memory, but i don't. He was just good at what he did.

I myself match up to most of the things that are used to recognise an Indigo. But i'm not one.....

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I myself match up to most of the things that are used to recognise an Indigo. But i'm not one.....

But, but... your avatar is !

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

Yes, yes you're quite right...

But my avatar also shows a reptillian / man hybrid.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

Sorry off topic, but your avata kicks butt!

LOVE it!

back on topic....( and no longer directed at space goats, but just in general..)

I think i just hate lables.... I like to find likeminded people, but I DO NOT want to be STEREOTYPED by other peoples behavior or attitudes as if I am a personality clone...

The lable thing is great to bring like minded together, but SUckS for those who use lables to stereo type etc!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

"Help the world through love and understanding" isn't anything new, or difficult to understand. Maybe you could define what spiritual enlightenment is?

It's not new, it's just been forgotten because TPTB keep us divided and in conflict with one another, and people are starting to realise that. To answer your question, this says it best...

Many people attempt to directly achieve enlightenment through meditation, fasting, prayer, even occult means. Though many have tried, and many may have succeeded in gaining this knowledge, there exists today no one single definitive source of spiritual enlightenment (very religious people will, of course, disagree...), it is up to you, only you can find this path, and ultimately you must do it on your own. To give you an idea of how diverse the people on this planet are that seek spiritual enlightenment, here is a quote from noted scientist Albert Einstein:

"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."

- Albert Einstein

Source

Try to take this in, without feeling insulted. You. Are. Wrong. Ok?

But your only basis for that is that no one who has made great accomplishments in their life has mentioned Indigos, which must mean they don't exist, which is a pretty flimsy foundation for basing your beliefs.

I'm saying, in the past 100 years, of inventions and academic achievements, not one has mentioned Indigos. My point is they COULD have. And your answers to why they wouldn't, are: "They're still human at the end of the day."

The premise to my responses have been that they may have chose not to, for a variety of different reasons. It could actually be that no Indigo ever has reached such academic achievements that they have had the opportunity to take to the world stage.

but yet you also want to claim spiritual superiority.

Saying you are more spiritual than the next person does not equate to feeling superior.

No, too much to ask, I guess. When does the advancement of humanity outweigh an Indigo getting hurt feelings?

Perhaps you're unclear of what Ostracized means, to give you an example, Nicola Tesla was ostracised when J.P Morgan found out Tesla was going to give the World free energy, and look what happened to him.

Exactly, no harm, except to some Indegos.

LOL, the irony being it's those with the biggest taking issue with a label.
This is from Nancy Ann Tappe's website...

Sadly, however, in this process of globalization of the term and its basic concept of the Indigo life color, many people capitalized on Nancy's perceptions, expanding them into overgeneralizations or giving them some sort of "mystical" interpretation -- that "Indigo children are wide-eyed, magical children of the Universe with psychic abilities ...." This mythology has been carried so far that it is discounted completely in most places because it contains so many elements of fantasy. Since Indigos are replacing all other colors, they represent the entire spectrum of human life. There have always been psychic children or those with unusual abilities. But there are also Indigos who can walk into a public school and shoot people. Nancy has seen no evidence to support the claim that there are statistically any more "wide-eyed, magical children" on earth than there ever were before.

Most likely, the error is two-fold. Others co-mitted the sin of expanding beyond the truth and spreading a concept of these children as something they never could possibly be. Nancy o-mitted to go public with her views for two decades about this mythology. And indeed, she has always said that truth is universal. It cannot be owned by any individual. Indigos are here. There can be many descriptions and definitions of who they are. But Nancy has been given almost no credit (and certainly no money) all this time while others were profiting measurably. Nancy did not "invent" Indigos; neither did anyone else. Because of her synesthetic process, she SAW the evolution and beginning of the new color, starting with just a few babies born in the 60's and 70's and developing until today, a time when almost all babies now born have the Indigo life color.

Source

Perhaps now you'll have a more realistic view of what the term "Indigo" actually means.

[edit on 26/8/2009 by Neo-V™]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

All that without saying how you are so different. Well excuse me for not taking your word for it. Everyone on this planet is "different than a lot of people." So, which list of traits do you use to judge? The same as the link on the first page? Are you clairvoyant, or psychic, or telepathic, and willing to prove it to me? Because that would actually be something that makes you different, from just about everyone else. How are you spiritually advanced/Enlightened?

It's coming across that you're saying something to the effect of "I just want to call myself this, and who cares what you think?!" Possibly because you think the characteristics of an Indigo are cool, more so than you fit with them? That's the conclusion I have to come to, when given nothing of substance to determine what the differences are.

Saidin, are you serious? Proof? Haha, come on.
There are plenty of clairvoyant people out there, and psychic, and it doesn't mean they are Indigo. And no I don't only mean those traits. Am I psychic, or clairvoyant? I dunno. I do have strange abilities though for instance, when I was 2 I predicted a pretty bad earthquake, crying to my mother it was going to happen only roughly 10 min before it actually happened. There are many things I can tell you that I can't explain, but honestly what will that do?
And I think the traits are cool? Really? Really? That's the most ignorant thing you could have said. So I guess I think it's cool that I was born in February also, so I must not really be an Aquarius; give me a break.
Is it really gonna matter what any of us tell you? Why do you need proof?
If you've come looking for answers that are I guess 'physical' then why do you ask on a forum? Please, think of what you're going to type before you post it, otherwise it makes me not even want to bother with the post, or answer any of your questions.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

But your only basis for that is that no one who has made great accomplishments in their life has mentioned Indigos, which must mean they don't exist, which is a pretty flimsy foundation for basing your beliefs.

Nope, I asked for ANY accomplishments from someone who CLAIMS to BE an Indigo. And since you have none, what conclusion should I come to? Take note of the thread subject again.

The premise to my responses have been that they may have chose not to, for a variety of different reasons. It could actually be that no Indigo ever has reached such academic achievements that they have had the opportunity to take to the world stage.

If that's what you said right off the bat, we wouldn't have had an issue. I can agree with that, because that's in the realm of possibility. But to claim that they just don't do it because they're scared of being exiled, all the while using a title that segregated them (even if they don't want it to, they should have the foresight to see that it would, and does), is ridiculous, to me.

and look what happened to him.

Morgan told other investors not to give Tesla a chance. This coupled with him being thought of as a mad scientist, lead him to be ultimately ostracized. And then he was forgotten by history and never helped shape future minds with his ideas of free energy.. oh wait. He was immortalized for doing what he believed in, and what other people thought be damned. And in the future, when we have wireless energy coming into our houses, who do you think will get most of the credit? If you believe in an afterlife, do you think he regrets it?

LOL, the irony being it's those with the biggest taking issue with a label.

Yeah, look at me, talking about how superior I am. Oh, wait.. nope.

e·go·tist (g-tst, g-)
n.
1. A conceited, boastful person.
2. A selfish, self-centered person.

All I've been talking about is actual unification of humanity, by dropping stupid labels. And you try to make it out like I'm the egotistical one for having an issue with it, when you can't even prove WHY you should have said label.

Please, quote an egotistical part of anything I've wrote. Is it this:

Who ever said they were a different race? All humans are beings. An advanced human could be called an advanced being.

pondering what kind of insecurities it takes for someone to start to literally believe themselves to be another type of race, or advanced being - post by Saidin

I can't help but noticed you decided to cut out the bold part before, when correcting me. Is pondering such a thing truly egotistical? No, I don't think it is, when I'm pondering it because someone is claiming to be an advanced being or "soul from the stars" (which is why I used the word race), it seems a pretty justifiable thought.

Sadly, however, in this process of globalization of the term and its basic concept of the Indigo life color, many people capitalized on Nancy's perceptions, expanding them into overgeneralizations or giving them some sort of "mystical" interpretation -- that "Indigo children are wide-eyed, magical children of the Universe with psychic abilities

This only sounds like a made up explanation for people who are bringing real questions to the table. She's trying to claim it's other people that give them a mystical interpretation? I'm not applying mystical attributes to them, I'm using the mystical attributes that were listed out in your other link, to show how ridiculous claiming oneself to be one is. Why does she mention psychic abilities, like it's something non-Indigos brought up?

The older children (approximately age 7 through 25), called "indigo Children", share some characteristics with the Crystal Children. Both generations are highly sensitive and psychic

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Indigo11Saidin, are you serious? Proof? Haha, come on.

Oh, ok, so if you just write "haha, come on". That just makes it all more believable, right? Nope, it only looks like evasions to me.

There are plenty of clairvoyant people out there, and psychic, and it doesn't mean they are Indigo.

That's exactly what I've been saying.

And no I don't only mean those traits.

Then what traits? don't only mean those traits? That implies those traits, and more.

Am I psychic, or clairvoyant? I dunno. I do have strange abilities though for instance, when I was 2 I predicted a pretty bad earthquake, crying to my mother it was going to happen only roughly 10 min before it actually happened.

That's fine, there's a lot of evidence that animals can sense earthquakes (actually hear them). There's also evidence that a young childs mind is more open to phenomena that we eventually learn to block out, or forget through atrophy. Proof of Indigo? Not conclusively. Now, as to the other abilities?

There are many things I can tell you that I can't explain, but honestly what will that do?

I dunno, maybe it would help me understand, enlighten me? You know, the thing you're supposed to be here to do on this planet.

And I think the traits are cool? Really? Really? That's the most ignorant thing you could have said.

When given no defining attributes, what conclusion should I come to? What list of traits do you use to determine your status as an Indigo? Really, really.

So I guess I think it's cool that I was born in February also, so I must not really be an Aquarius; give me a break.

What? You were an Aquarius before you knew what one was. Other people could look up your birthday and tell you. This is not the case with being an Indigo. After reading about them, you may have said "Oh, I was one the whole time!", but that was all a conscious decision made by yourself.

Is it really gonna matter what any of us tell you? Why do you need proof?

The fact that you've even said that, pretty much secures it in my mind that you are not an Indigo (or at least, that Indigos are here to somehow help mankind evolve). How are you, an Indigo, going to enlighten the rest of the world, when you can't even help me? I'm apparently the only one even trying to understand you, in this thread. I ask so many questions that just fall by the wayside.

If you've come looking for answers that are I guess 'physical' then why do you ask on a forum?

What? Explain how questions on the internet, and their answers, differentiate from the same questions being asked in person. I have no idea what you're trying to get across right now.

Please, think of what you're going to type before you post it, otherwise it makes me not even want to bother with the post, or answer any of your questions.

Wow, how to reply to this? How about an oldie, but a goodie.

Pot, meet kettle.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

She's trying to claim it's other people that give them a mystical interpretation?

It was wasn't it.

Indigo children were first described in the 1970's by a San Diego parapsychologist, Nancy Ann Tappe, who noticed the emergence of children with an indigo aura, a vibrational color she had never seen before. This color, she reasoned, coincided with a new consciousness.

nytimes.com/2006/01/12/

That makes sense to me, science is beginning to show that consciousness is something very real, and if we as a species have been evolving for the last few thousand years, with no where left to evolve to in terms of survival, as we're continuing to make our life easier with technology, those of us that are already here, already are, or are becoming more aware of our true self and connection to the Universe and all things in it, so to see a change in the aura color of new humans being born makes sense to me.

The Indigo phenomenon has been recognized as one of the most exciting changes in human nature ever documented in history. Nancy Tappe was the first person to identify this anomaly in human evolution. Because of her fully developed and tested language of color through synesthesia, she labeled these children as having an Indigo life color, a combination of blue and violet. This Indigo label described the energy pattern of human behavior that now exists in over 95% of children born in the last 20 years.

Nancy Ann Tappe

Why does she mention psychic abilities, like it's something non-Indigos brought up?

Nancy Ann Tappe
"All Indigos are intuitive; some are psychic. A few psychic individuals have been born in every era since time began. There is no data to suggest that there are more psychic children today than at any other time in history. EVERYONE is more aware than they were 50 years ago.

All Indigo children are not wide-eyed, magical creatures who have come to enlighten the world. They do seem to be clear-eyed, happy children in their first few years."

This has been an enlightening thread for me, as it's changed my view points on this whole subject, and clarified others.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts
@11Indigo11

If you want a very down-to-earth explanation about your "condition", one of the current explanations is that you corpus callosum allows more connections between your two brain's hemispheres. This gives you a very ASSOCIATIVE tought pattern ; i.e. you see more links between things than other people. You see underlying schemes, patterns more easily. It allows you to "foresee" some things, and to make curious idea associations that other people seem to find "strange".

[edit on 21-8-2009 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

Yeah, I'm definitely the type to relate things.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

The commonly accepted definition of Indigo found at the wikipedia site

Indigo is the color on the electromagnetic spectrum between about 420 and 450 nm in wavelength, placing it between blue and violet. Although traditionally considered one of seven divisions of the optical spectrum, modern color scientists do not usually recognize indigo as a separate division and generally classify wavelengths shorter than about 450 nm as violet.[2]
Like violet, whether indigo is considered a shade of purple depends on context. Common English usage defines purple as any color between red and blue whereas in color theory, purple is defined as any non-spectral color between violet and red. Thus indigo and violet fit the common but not the color theory definition of purple.

One can see spectral indigo by looking at the reflection of a fluorescent tube on the underside of a non-recorded compact disc. This occurs because the CD functions as a diffraction grating, and a fluorescent lamp generally has a peak at 435.833 nm (from mercury), as is visible on the fluorescent lamp spectrum.

Over the past 10 to 12 months, occasionally I see flashes of that color whether my eyes are open or closed. The color is stunning and brilliant but leans mostly to the violet end of the color spectrum. Since it never happened before, I wonder if that means my eyesight is failing or if it is an indication of the presence of "indigo beings" trying to get my attention for some reason?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Saidin, my friend, you seem to be following up on too many 'New Age' beliefs since you've put so much 'emphasis' in that we are supposed to 'change the world'.....
I classify myself as an Indigo because of the characteristics and 'traits'.
Would you then believe me if I went and found every source linking me to those traits? Every book I've purchased and so on? I'm afraid that still won't get the point across. What if I told you my aura is Indigo? What will it really matter? I know that I am one, and I don't really care that you don't believe me.

If you want to find more about 'Indigos', and discover more about their traits and what not, you should read more about them, and maybe try to find some in the area you live in, maybe that will give you the answers you are looking for, since you seem so persistent on finding them, and since you have such a disbelief.
Good luck in your search, and I hope you find what your looking for.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Just so we're clear, I'm not searching for anything. I came to this thread and made a point, and was replied to. It carried on from there, with me using sources supplied to ask questions. I'm not putting too much emphasis on anything. But I get it, you don't want to even attempt to clarify anything. It's fine, really, because this is how I imagine most Indigos to be.

What if you told me your aura was indigo? What if I told you my aura was indigo? I'm sure you'd believe me just as much as I believe you. What if I told you Kirlian photography show inanimate objects to have indigo auras? You sit there going on about how I wouldn't change my mind; so does that imply that you were willing to change yours? Seems a little hypocritical, to me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join