It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Indigo, evidence for and against.

page: 2
2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
And yet, them simply stating they are Indigos causes strife amongst the people they're supposed to enlighten/advance.

How is sitting on the internet, chatting on a forum going to enlighten anyone?

Why haven't I heard of any academic achievements that are attributed to an Indigo? Surely such evolutionarily advanced being would have a greater grasp of mathematics, sciences and technology. And, apparently, they are spiritually advanced, yet they can't seem to get over themselves. I don't think I've ever read one indigo post where they weren't talking about how different they were, or how they connect to nature better than others, or that they can empathize with people so well that they almost feel their pain! All these things were done and felt hundreds of years ago, by run-of-the-mill humans.

How about this: Has there been anything that an Indigo has accomplished, that a regular human has not?




posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Like I said in another thread on this very same subject matter, the term "Indigo" is a label.
From dictionary.com
"label"
a short word or phrase descriptive of a person, group, intellectual movement, etc.

a word or phrase indicating that what follows belongs in a particular category or classification

There are other definitions, but these two fit this post. Human beings tend to label everything. Take a coffee cup, for instance. Why do we call it by that label? Because we are taught to call it that. Take the word "witch." That label caused the deaths of thousands of innocent people, mostly women. Take the word "terrorist." I think you all know where I am going here. There is no "evidence" to prove, or disprove the Indigo phenomena, no blood test, not even a DNA test, although that would prove interesting.....I say this, If a person wishes to call themselves an Indigo, why then do others try to tear that name away from them? I was a "mechanic" for many years, I wear that label with pride. Why does no one try to tear that one away? Indigo is a relative term, it does not mean one is higher than another in evolution, there is plenty of other evidence to prove that.

That being said, I would say that when the Sh*t does hit the fan, there will be a few who will stand up to be counted. If we the human race are wiped into death in an instant, I would say there will be some who will lead, and many who will follow. We have many thing going on in the world right now, wars and hunger, false flags and sinister agenda. Why nit pick at a few who have chosen a name to go by? Why not pick on those who call themselves "Patriots?"



posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Indigo is a vibration, a color a vibration a very important link in the advancement of mankind.

It isn't a group of people, or kids...............

It is available to you, available to me, if we choose to claim it.

First allow it to be without labels, then embrace it..............



posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saidin
How is sitting on the internet, chatting on a forum going to enlighten anyone?

I guess it would be in the same way people chat on a forum trying to get people to deny ignorance.


Originally posted by Saidin
Why haven't I heard of any academic achievements that are attributed to an Indigo?

How do you know you haven't? I fit a lot of the attributes of an Indigo, but if I were to discover the cure for Cancer tomorrow, the headline wouldn't be, "Indigo Cures Cancer".



posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo-V™
I guess it would be in the same way people chat on a forum trying to get people to deny ignorance.


No need to guess. It's exactly the same. Plenty of ignorant, closed minded people use that slogan while posting some of the most inane drivel you can find.


How do you know you haven't? I fit a lot of the attributes of an Indigo, but if I were to discover the cure for Cancer tomorrow, the headline wouldn't be, "Indigo Cures Cancer".


If you discovered the cure for cancer tomorrow, would it be because you were an indigo, or because you put in the time and effort to go to medical school, and study well, and make this breakthrough?

Was that a serious question, by the way? Because an advanced mind would be able to extrapolate that if you indeed cured cancer tomorrow, you could also say, during the most momentous medical breakthrough press conference ever, that you were an Indigo.

Then I would indeed read that in the newspaper tomorrow. And if I did read that, I would actually swallow my foot. But you and I both know that you spend too much time on the internet to unlock something as complex as the mysteries of the multitudes of cancers; being as there is no such thing as generic 'cancer'.

So, let's say there are Indigos out there making achievements/advancements while keeping their aura/vibration/color secret, why is the world still declining on so many different levels?



posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saidin
If you discovered the cure for cancer tomorrow, would it be because you were an indigo, or because you put in the time and effort to go to medical school, and study well, and make this breakthrough?

Of coarse, I wouldn't be able to discover it if I didn't know what I was doing, the point is, I would still be considered an Indigo based on my personal attributes.


Originally posted by Saidin
Was that a serious question, by the way?

No question is a stupid one.


Originally posted by Saidin
Because an advanced mind would be able to extrapolate that if you indeed cured cancer tomorrow, you could also say, during the most momentous medical breakthrough press conference ever, that you were an Indigo.

Not necessarily, for one, not everyone knows they are, two, not everyone who thinks they are discuss it openly.


Originally posted by Saidin
But you and I both know that you spend too much time on the internet to unlock something as complex as the mysteries of the multitudes of cancers; being as there is no such thing as generic 'cancer'.

I'm not trying to, it was an example.


Originally posted by Saidin
So, let's say there are Indigos out there making achievements/advancements while keeping their aura/vibration/color secret, why is the world still declining on so many different levels?

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink".

Your opening sentence...


Originally posted by Saidin
And yet, them simply stating they are Indigos causes strife amongst the people they're supposed to enlighten/advance.

Why is that, why does a group of people trying to change the World for the better, cause you "strife"?



posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo-V™
Of coarse, I wouldn't be able to discover it if I didn't know what I was doing, the point is, I would still be considered an Indigo based on my personal attributes.


No, you wouldn't. You say that like you're considered an indigo now. You aren't considered one, you are claiming to be one. Just like all the rest. You don't know for sure, there's no test that says "Yep, Indigo here!". It's not all about you, it's about the rest of the world. Any Indigo should be able to realize that.


No question is a stupid one.


This is fascinating. So, it must be part of the Indigo peace-making ritual to put words in peoples mouths. That, or you misunderstood "serious" and "stupid", how human and normal of you.


Not necessarily, for one, not everyone knows they are, two, not everyone who thinks they are discuss it openly.


Maybe because there's never been anything to happen, in which anybody should pay attention to these attention seekers. My point still stands, if an indigo made such a discovery, they would have the chance to bring up Indigos. Not everyone knows they are one, huh? Cop out. Bring proof that one who DOES claim themselves to be an indigo, made any achievements.


I'm not trying to, it was an example.


Ok, and it was a horrible example. Can you comprehend that? Do you still think it made a point? I think it made my point much better; That no Indigo has accomplished anything of worth, because if they did they could bring such a phenomenon to the forefront.


"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink".

Your opening sentence...


None of this, nothing you have typed, sounds like it's coming from an advanced mind that wants to help enlighten people. You aren't even considering my viewpoints. How could you ever convince me of something, when you don't even try to understand my point of view?


Why is that, why does a group of people trying to change the World for the better, cause you "strife"?


I already know why, that would be why I asked you the same question. Oh, you changed it to "cause YOU" strife. It doesn't cause me strife. I'm calmly typing this, pondering what kind of insecurities it takes for someone to start to literally believe themselves to be another type of race, or advanced being.



posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saidin
you are claiming to be one.

Not once have I claimed that.


Originally posted by Saidin
That, or you misunderstood "serious" and "stupid", how human and normal of you.

I understood it, you asked if it was a serious question as though it was a stupid one.


Originally posted by Saidin
My point still stands, if an indigo made such a discovery, they would have the chance to bring up Indigos.

True, but my point still stands, that that isn't necessarily the case.


Originally posted by Saidin
Not everyone knows they are one, huh?

I believe that is what I said.


Originally posted by Saidin
I think it made my point much better; That no Indigo has accomplished anything of worth, because if they did they could bring such a phenomenon to the forefront.

Can you comprehend that's a poor argument.


Originally posted by Saidin
None of this, nothing you have typed, sounds like it's coming from an advanced mind that wants to help enlighten people.

Could that be because I've not once claimed to have an advanced mind.


Originally posted by Saidin
You aren't even considering my viewpoints. How could you ever convince me of something, when you don't even try to understand my point of view?

I understand your point of view, you think that because someone famous in their field of work, isn't at every given opportunity claiming to the World they got where they are solely due to being an Indigo, must mean that Indigos don't exist. What exactly is your perception of an Indigo?


Originally posted by Saidin
I'm calmly typing this, pondering what kind of insecurities it takes for someone to start to literally believe themselves to be another type of race, or advanced being.

Show me one example where that is claimed?



posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo-V™
 


I scanned through your link on the other page, that's where this leap in evolution nonsense comes from. A leap in evolution implies a leap forward. Advancement. With that would come an advanced mind, would it not? No? Why not?

I only skimmed that link, of course. That would be because reading things like:

"This means they undergo a spiritual and physical transformation that awakens their "Christ" or "Crystal" consciousness and links them with the Crystal children as part of the evolutionary wave of change."


This is the kind of thing that makes me stop and go "How do you know?". Who decided this? Everything after that just gets more and more tainted with the lack of anything of substance.

Why would you say "If I cured cancer tomorrow, it wouldn't say "Indigo cures cancer". The point you were trying to make, was that the Indigo aspect wouldn't be focused on. But this implies that you are an Indigo. So, don't tell me you didn't claim to be one. Maybe you didn't mean to, but you did.

Maybe you should be a little more clear on your stance. Do you believe yourself to be an Indigo/Crystal/whatever child? I don't want to hear that you fit criteria on some website. I want to hear why you personally, on a spiritual level, feel that you should be considered an Indigo, and what being one means/would mean to you.

And I'll end it with a question I already asked, and never got a reply to:

What has any Indigo done that a regular human has not?



posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Indigos = attention seekers see "zomg im special, look at me"
Indigos are just socialy disabled peoples lacking the ability of reaching goals by themselves see "gimme that on a silver platter"

slap an "indigidiot" in the face today, be happy tomorrow.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by OTTOKARMA]



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA
Indigos = attention seekers see "zomg im special, look at me"
Indigos are just socialy disabled peoples lacking the ability of reaching goals by themselves see "gimme that on a silver platter"

slap an "indigidiot" in the face today, be happy tomorrow.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by OTTOKARMA]


Hhahahahah, angry a bit?
That's funny because I claim to be Indigo, yet have a great social life, and networking with people is something I love to do. I reach all of my goals (or most; still workin' on some) So when it comes to being social, how are you gonna say we're disabled, hahahah? Anyway, we don't claim to be higher than anyone, and if you have witnessed otherwise, then they are in a different mindset, and they obviously don't know what the term 'Indigo' entails...

"Slap an Indigoidiot, be happy today"?????????
Are you serious? Seriously....? (literally chuckles to himself)
To put it to you bluntly, that is far more ignorant than anything I've heard an Indigo say, and I don't mean offense by that statement.
Good luck my friend, and I hope you learn to to love unconditionally one day. You'll 'love' it.



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saidin
A leap in evolution implies a leap forward. Advancement. With that would come an advanced mind, would it not? No? Why not?

Advancement yes, "race", no.


Originally posted by Saidin
I only skimmed that link, of course.

I'll post this incase you missed it then...



An Evolutionary Leap
As can be seen from the above discussion, the Indigo-Crystal adventure represents a huge evolutionary leap for the human species. This is initially a huge leap in consciousness, reflected in the auric colours and the access to multi-dimensional layers of awareness in an individual.
But, what is manifest in the subtle or spiritual bodies must eventually make itself manifest in the physical or Earth plane body of each individual. And eventually, in the physical body of the Planet itself. Indigo and Crystal children and adults are an integral and dynamic part of the evolutionary leap into a new and Golden future.

Higher levels of consciousness, awareness of the interconnectedness of all things and a desire for an empowered and creative life will soon become the characteristics of all humans on Planet Earth.



Originally posted by Saidin
This is the kind of thing that makes me stop and go "How do you know?". Who decided this?




During the later part of the Seventies a woman called Nancy Ann Tappe noticed a change taking place in the colour of Children’s auras. She did a lot of work in China and taught at the University of San Diego. As part of her research and study she published a book in 1982 called Understanding Your Life Through Color. In that, this is where the first mention of indigo is talked about. Lee Carol and Jan Tober, authors of The Indigo Children and Indigo Celebration presented Tappe’s research on varying colours of the aura.
Tappe recognized that after 1980 about 80% of the babies being born had this aura around them that she equated to their life mission and their life colour. It was what she called Indigo. As of 1990 she realized that there were about 90% being born. Indigo is the colour of the third eye chakra, which is an energy centre inside the head located between the two eyebrows. This chakra regulates clairvoyance, or the ability to see energy, visions and spirits, so many of the Indigo Children are classed as clairvoyant.

Nancy was able to carry out this unique research because she has a medical diagnosis of Synesthesia. That's where two neurological systems become crossed so that the senses get reversed. She actually sees like a Kirlian camera. What seems to be her dysfunction has ended up being a great gift.

Source


Originally posted by Saidin
Why would you say "If I cured cancer tomorrow, it wouldn't say "Indigo cures cancer". The point you were trying to make, was that the Indigo aspect wouldn't be focused on. But this implies that you are an Indigo. So, don't tell me you didn't claim to be one. Maybe you didn't mean to, but you did.

As I have already explained, I used that as an example, yes it might have been a bad one, but now with two explanations, perhaps you can grasp that I'm not claiming to be one, the point was that just because someone would be cast in to the spotlight for some great accomplishment, does not mean they would instantly use the opportunity to tell the World about Indigos for reasons already stated.


Originally posted by Saidin
I want to hear why you personally, on a spiritual level, feel that you should be considered an Indigo, and what being one means/would mean to you.


I'm not trying to claim to be one, but I do think the world would be a better place if we were all more like them.


Originally posted by Saidin
And I'll end it with a question I already asked, and never got a reply to:

You got a reply, you just didn't like it.



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo-V™
Advancement yes, "race", no.


Who ever said they were a different race? All humans are beings. An advanced human could be called an advanced being.



An Evolutionary Leap
As can be seen from the above discussion, the Indigo-Crystal adventure represents a huge evolutionary leap for the human species. This is initially a huge leap in consciousness, reflected in the auric colours and the access to multi-dimensional layers of awareness in an individual.
But, what is manifest in the subtle or spiritual bodies must eventually make itself manifest in the physical or Earth plane body of each individual. And eventually, in the physical body of the Planet itself. Indigo and Crystal children and adults are an integral and dynamic part of the evolutionary leap into a new and Golden future.

Higher levels of consciousness, awareness of the interconnectedness of all things and a desire for an empowered and creative life will soon become the characteristics of all humans on Planet Earth.


Multidimensional layers of awareness. Yeah, ok, I can see that no amount of rational thinking will help in this case.



During the later part of the Seventies....
.... This chakra regulates clairvoyance, or the ability to see energy, visions and spirits, so many of the Indigo Children are classed as clairvoyant.


Clairvoyance? "So many of the Indigo Children are classed as clairvoyant"

Let's see one speck of proof of clairvoyance. That'll shut me right up. You can listen to what this women says, and buy into this obvious sham, or you could be honest with yourself and realize that the only good change that's going to come to this planet, will be by regular humans getting off their butts and making it happen. What's wrong with that message? Not as cool as being an Indigo clairvoyant?


As I have already explained, I used that as an example, yes it might have been a bad one, but now with two explanations, perhaps you can grasp that I'm not claiming to be one


Look, it's really simple. You said if you cured cancer they wouldn't say an Indigo cured cancer. This is true because Indigos do not exist, but that wasn't your point. "Perhaps I can grasp", it just makes me laugh. Of course I can grasp it, because I already knew you were a regular human. One of billions, just like everyone else on this planet. Just like everyone who ever claimed to be an Indigo. Just like the women who made up all the Indigo stuff. And just like the regular human who will end up advancing us far more than any make believe clairvoyant ever could.


the point was that just because someone would be cast in to the spotlight for some great accomplishment, does not mean they would instantly use the opportunity to tell the World about Indigos for reasons already stated.


Oh, well that's not quite a valid point is it? Because they could just as easily use that opportunity to tell the world. Why do you argue otherwise? What do they gain from keeping it a secret in the academic world, but spouting about it all over the internet? It's only holding back the advancement of our race and souls!


I do think the world would be a better place if we were all more like them.


Fine, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Agree to disagree.


You got a reply, you just didn't like it.


In what universe? Please, just quote the reply then. The one that definitively answers:

What has any Indigo done that a regular human has not?



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   


Hhahahahah, angry a bit?


no no, i just hate idiots claiming "zomg im special i r indigo you know"




posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet
 


Columbia University (last time I checked was a top ranked school) has a program for psychic children, so why don't you start your own research by writing the school and asking them what evidence they can send you...you know, studies and such.



posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Love and light. Love and light. No need to think critically or demand evidence, just fill your heart with love and peace.

And here I thought hate and war was the key to saving humanity from itself. Good thing these Indigos are here to set us straight with a trite message about love.

And if you disagree, it is because you are not an Indigo, therefore you are less spiritually advanced. So you just have to trust in those who are wiser than you.

I'm proud to be human. I don't need to believe that my soul came from someplace else. I don't see anything wrong with being a human being.



posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   



posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saidin
Who ever said they were a different race? All humans are beings. An advanced human could be called an advanced being.

pondering what kind of insecurities it takes for someone to start to literally believe themselves to be another type of race - post by Saidin


Originally posted by Saidin
Let's see one speck of proof of clairvoyance. That'll shut me right up.

Edgar Cayce - And now while he may have been born before the time given for the arrival of Indigos, that is proof enough for me that some people do have the abilty.


Originally posted by Saidin
What's wrong with that message?

Nothing, just like there is nothing wrong with a group of people believing they are Indigo children, who's purpose is to inject a little love and positivity in to this world.


Originally posted by Saidin
Oh, well that's not quite a valid point is it?

Of coarse it is, you assume everyone who class themselves as Indigo would go around telling the whole World, and the point is that not everyone would.


Originally posted by Saidin
Because they could just as easily use that opportunity to tell the world. Why do you argue otherwise?

I'm not arguing that they couldn't, I'm saying they may not want to.


Originally posted by Saidin
What do they gain from keeping it a secret in the academic world

Not being ostracised for a start.


Originally posted by Saidin
Fine, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Agree to disagree.

So you don't agree the World would be a better place if it had more people in it trying to change it.


Originally posted by Saidin
In what universe? Please, just quote the reply then. The one that definitively answers:

reply to Saidin


Originally posted by Neo-V™
I understand your point of view, you think that because someone famous in their field of work, isn't at every given opportunity claiming to the World they got where they are solely due to being an Indigo, must mean that Indigos don't exist. What exactly is your perception of an Indigo?

You'll notice there is a question there I never got a response to.



posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OTTOKARMA



Hhahahahah, angry a bit?


no no, i just hate idiots claiming "zomg im special i r indigo you know"



Hahahaha, you're right, I am an idiot. Very plausible reason for you to 'hate' me too. Oh, and you hit the nail right on the DOT; I soooo am claiming I'm a special, divine, super-natural entity with magnificent powers. I can actually see through walls too. I'm such a messiah.
Good luck in your journeys kiddo.



posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Alice
Love and light. Love and light. No need to think critically or demand evidence, just fill your heart with love and peace.

And here I thought hate and war was the key to saving humanity from itself. Good thing these Indigos are here to set us straight with a trite message about love.

And if you disagree, it is because you are not an Indigo, therefore you are less spiritually advanced. So you just have to trust in those who are wiser than you.

I'm proud to be human. I don't need to believe that my soul came from someplace else. I don't see anything wrong with being a human being.


I agree completely. People see the term 'spiritually advanced' and they get upset because they take it offensively. But face it people, some of us out there ARE indeed more spiritually advanced. Why? Because we choose to be. Anyone can, that's what people seem to miss. We're not saying, 'We Indigo's are the only ones capable of achieving spiritual enlightenment.'
On the contrary 100%. We Indigo's just CHOOSE to go towards that path of enlightenment, sooner than most of today's society. Anyone can achieve it though.

As Blue Alice says, as long as you live a life of Love&Forgiveness, you will always be on the path to a more 'advanced' you.



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join