It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo, evidence for and against.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I use the term indigo to refer to a profile I see, not an aura. It seems whenever a thread involving this color pops up, lots of insults and bashing goes on. What true evidence is there for indigo as a phenomenon? What evidence is there against indigo? I do not want opinions, I want hard facts either way. perhaps we can collectively come to an agreement or understanding between sides on this issue without the hate.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Against

They dont exist

For

I hear crickets chirping

Seriously though, the only eveidence people have is self opinion. Its hard to get some concrete evidence to do this, for or against

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
use spray paint on thems and poof they're indigos
second line

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

Not sure.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Hello there. I'm new here, and very interesting thread. Glad to be a part of it, and I hope I can answer your questions

Well, you'd be surprised at the evidence out there, though, we Indigos can get bad reps because of some of the egotistical bull# out there that proclaims us to be 'higher' than others. That, my friend, is completely false, and I openly admit it. And "New Age" beliefs towards it go a bit too far when discussing the subject.

Now, with that said, the Indigo phenomenon is definitely NOT made up. It can't be. Why do I say that? It's because there's too much evidence to support the characteristics of what people call Indigos, and I personally fit 100% of those traits. It's sort of annoying actually, because I read these books describing them, and I fit them so well, it's like I'm subconciously following some sort of 'way', and these people who write them seem to know me so well before I even meet them. I've read books about the subject, books written by children councilors, who can't explain the increasing cases of Indigo related traits that many of us seem to have. Those traits you can look up anywhere, wiki, youtube, etc., I'm not gonna go into detail there; no point.

Where things take a turn is when the New Age system makes us out to be like paranormal entities, and we simply aren't. The only difference is that we come into this world with a better understanding than the average American kid, and among today's society, that's not hard. We have abilities to sense things like danger, predict things to come, etc. Things anyone can learn to do. I'm not proclaiming myself as some psychic or anything, I'm just saying that we are born with a heightened awareness in life.

Here's my own definition of what and Indigo Child is:

Indigo Child- A person who becomes a bit more aware of certain aspects of life sooner than others, enabling them to have attributes that appear to make them 'different' when compared to the majority of today's society.

[edit on 08/16/2009 by 11Indigo11]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Seriously though, the only evidence people have is self opinion. Its hard to get some concrete evidence to do this, for or against

I agree. I haven't seen one piece of evidence produced to prove the existence of Indigos. It all comes down to a combination of hearsay, ignorance, denial and a liberal dose of narcissism.

IRM :shk:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I agree. I haven't seen one piece of evidence produced to prove the existence of Indigos. It all comes down to a combination of hearsay, ignorance, denial and a liberal dose of narcissism.

I believe that is also known as Attention Deficit Disorder

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

You seem to be mistaking the term Indigo. Implying that their needs to be evidence that they are existent, like blood tests or something; as if you need proof of the chupacabra. It's not a race or anything.

Think of the term Indigo as more as a base of certain characteristics that many people are showing signs of. Kind of like an advanced horoscope that is much more accurate than any zodiac sign has come close to, that fits a certain minority of people TOO perfectly to just dismiss.

I don't expect a lot of people to understand, but when I found out about them, I knew it was at least 'something' because if just fit me all too well. It's not a matter of believing. You just have to have the traits to totally understand. I don't know how I would convince someone who isn't like me. It would be like, for instance, if you were, lets say, a Capricorn, and nobody knew what a Capricorn was, but when you read the description of what they are, it fits you perfectly. Nobody else would know what you're talking about because they're just different, only YOU see the similarities. How would you prove that to the 'non-believer'? Only you would understand..... That's the best I can do to describe it...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11Indigo11

You seem to be mistaking the term Indigo.

No I'm not mistaking anything. I know exactly what an Indigo claims to be. I just don't agree with it.

Implying that their needs to be evidence that they are existent

You are correct. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. None has thus far been provided. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you're going to proclaim that you are somehow a special being that requires a new name, quantify it in measurable terms.

It's not a race or anything.

Who suggested as much? It appears you're having a dialog with yourself!

Think of the term Indigo as more as a base of certain characteristics that many people are showing signs of. Kind of like an advanced horoscope that is much more accurate than any zodiac sign has come close to, that fits a certain minority of people TOO perfectly to just dismiss.

James Randy did a Horoscope experiment with a group of Uni students, all being of different star signs. He handed them a piece of paper that contained a profile of their sign. They read it. He then asked students to raise their hands if the profile on the paper fitted them. Almost all of the students raised their hand. Randy then asked them to hand their paper onto the next student to read. They all had exactly the same profile!

What did this prove? It proved that people cherry pick information, (in this case, human qualities) and interpret them to fit themselves. That in essence, the Zodiac is a load of rubbish.

As I always say...
Never underestimate ones ability to pull the wool over their own eyes.

I don't expect a lot of people to understand

Of course you don't. It's a common egotistical Indigo trait. How could we right? I mean we aren't as sensitive and evolved!

[edit on 21/8/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

You seem to be mistaking the term Indigo.

No I'm not mistaking anything. I know exactly what an Indigo claims to be. I just don't agree with it.

Implying that their needs to be evidence that they are existent

You are correct. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. None has thus far been provided. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you're going to proclaim that you are somehow a special being that requires a new name, quantify it in measurable terms.

It's not a race or anything.

Who suggested as much? It appears you're having a dialog with yourself!

James Randy did a Horoscope experiment with a group of Uni students, all being of different star signs. He handed them a piece of paper that contained a profile of their sign. They read it. He then asked students to raise their hands if the profile on the paper fitted them. Almost all of the students raised their hand. Randy then asked them to hand their paper onto the next student to read. They all had exactly the same profile!

What did this prove? It proved that people cherry pick information, (in this case, human qualities) and interpret them to fit themselves. That in essence, the Zodiac is a load of rubbish.

As I always say...
Never underestimate ones ability to pull the wool over their own eyes.

I don't expect a lot of people to understand

Of course you don't. It's a common egotistical Indigo trait. How could we right? I mean we aren't as sensitive and evolved!

[edit on 21/8/09 by InfaRedMan]

Haha, I was expecting such responses.

As I had said before, I too believe referring to myself as a special being like an 'Indigo' is egotistical, but I'm not. I'm just letting you know, that I've read about them, books, forums, etc., and I just fit all the characteristics, not because I choose too, so I just call myself an Indigo.

You and I are human, equals. I don't claim to be any better than you are. Call it what you must, I don't know how I can describe it any better. What evidence are you looking for anyway? Please be specific.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Now, with that said, the Indigo phenomenon is definitely NOT made up. It can't be. Why do I say that? It's because there's too much evidence to support the characteristics of what people call Indigos, and I personally fit 100% of those traits.

Where things take a turn is when the New Age system makes us out to be like paranormal entities, and we simply aren't. The only difference is that we come into this world with a better understanding than the average American kid, and among today's society, that's not hard. We have abilities to sense things like danger, predict things to come, etc. Things anyone can learn to do. I'm not proclaiming myself as some psychic or anything, I'm just saying that we are born with a heightened awareness in life.

Here's my own definition of what and Indigo Child is:

Indigo Child- A person who becomes a bit more aware of certain aspects of life sooner than others, enabling them to have attributes that appear to make them 'different' when compared to the majority of today's society.

Hello,

That's you point of view, and it is shared by many people like you.

But I'm sorry I have to say that what you call "Indigo" is something that existed for far longer than just since the new-age hype of the end of the 20th century.

And also there are no more "Indigo" than before. It is just that they are more often and more correctly identified.

Ok, you say you're one of them ? I have to say that according to your standards I'm one of them too. We are approximatively 10% of the population. The subject is a little taboo, because people don't like to be categorized, especially when it comes to the way of thinking, and when some seem to be better than others.

The difference with you is that I don't use this "Indigo" name like you.

Now read this article, from a serious source :

www.fortunewatch.com...

Read the 37 characteristics. Do you fit them perfectly ? :

"Do you have a vivid imagination?"
"Often connect seemingly unrelated ideas?"
"Are you deeply compassionate?"
"Do you have persistent curiosity?"
"Do you need periods of contemplation?"
"Do you search for meaning in your life?"
"Are you aware of things that others are not?"
"Are you highly sensitive?"
"Do you have strong moral convictions?"
"Do you often feel out-of-sync with others?"
"Are you perceptive or insightful?"
"Do you often question rules or authority?"
"Often take a stand against injustice?"
"Do you feel driven by your creativity?"
"Did you have developmentally advanced childhood?"
"Have unusual ideas or perceptions?"
"Are you a complex person?"

etc.

I do. You probably will too.

Bingo. You're "Indigo" if you want, but more important, you're gifted.

You searched for answers by yourself because you haven't been diagnosed by someone else. You felt different, out of synch. I did it too. But when you read book about indigo, I took another path.

Now I know I'm not unique, we are 600.000.000. I know also I'm not better, we have also downsides :

Problems to focus, to adapt to society. Highly susceptible. Sometimes lack of self-esteem. Stressed. Attracted by new-age, paranormal, and sci-fi stories (that is the most important for your story).

Now please, try to find other sources of information about your "condition". Discover that you are not "special", but just "different".

Keep the good things from this "Indigo" stuff (being compassionate, spirituality is important, etc) but please do not become obsessed by the more "crazy" stuff. You don't have a mission (only if you wish so). You are not a starseed. You cannot see the future (it is called being perceptive or insightful).

Some human have lower abilities (handicapped), some have higher. Dont waste your skills with this Indigo story. Regards. G

[edit on 21-8-2009 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
It's simple....

Just as well as you may judge or label someone a jock, yuppie, up-tight, stoner, hippie or whatever, there's the "Indigo".

Some people DON'T go around exploring their inner selves, some people AREN'T very compassionate, and there are those who try NOT to think about things 'spiritual' in nature... They're not likely going to fall under the category of 'indigo' and more than Bill Gates is going to be called a 'hippie'

But then of course there ARE people you might call an 'indigo.' And why not if they fit all the trademarks?

I will say however, that considering the term anything more than a persona label would be pretentious and hopeful. This may be a unique generation, possibly even about to experience worldwide prophecies fullfilled, but I wouldn't be very quick to label anyone as inherently superior or 'chosen'...

~Redbeard

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JRedBeard
It's simple....

Just as well as you may judge or label someone a jock, yuppie, up-tight, stoner, hippie or whatever, there's the "Indigo".

Some people DON'T go around exploring their inner selves, some people AREN'T very compassionate, and there are those who try NOT to think about things 'spiritual' in nature... They're not likely going to fall under the category of 'indigo' and more than Bill Gates is going to be called a 'hippie'

But then of course there ARE people you might call an 'indigo.' And why not if they fit all the trademarks?

I will say however, that considering the term anything more than a persona label would be pretentious and hopeful. This may be a unique generation, possibly even about to experience worldwide prophecies fullfilled, but I wouldn't be very quick to label anyone as inherently superior or 'chosen'...

~Redbeard

This is also an easy way to sell books to people who are looking for their identity. Because they haven't find anywhere a good description that fits themselves, the first time they come across this Indigo stuff, they feel that they finally found the answer (and also because gifted/indigo people like paranormal and conspiracy stuff. It is a fact).

But that doesn't mean it is the only explanation available... Sometimes you need to search harder.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts

Hello,

That's you point of view, and it is shared by many people like you.

But I'm sorry I have to say that what you call "Indigo" is something that existed for far longer than just since the new-age hype of the end of the 20th century.

And also there are no more "Indigo" than before. It is just that they are more often and more correctly identified.

Ok, you say you're one of them ? I have to say that according to your standards I'm one of them too. We are approximatively 10% of the population. The subject is a little taboo, because people don't like to be categorized, especially when it comes to the way of thinking, and when some seem to be better than others.

The difference with you is that I don't use this "Indigo" name like you.

Now read this article, from a serious source :

www.fortunewatch.com...

Read the 37 characteristics. Do you fit them perfectly ? :

"Do you have a vivid imagination?"
"Often connect seemingly unrelated ideas?"
"Are you deeply compassionate?"
"Do you have persistent curiosity?"
"Do you need periods of contemplation?"
"Do you search for meaning in your life?"
"Are you aware of things that others are not?"
"Are you highly sensitive?"
"Do you have strong moral convictions?"
"Do you often feel out-of-sync with others?"
"Are you perceptive or insightful?"
"Do you often question rules or authority?"
"Often take a stand against injustice?"
"Do you feel driven by your creativity?"
"Did you have developmentally advanced childhood?"
"Have unusual ideas or perceptions?"
"Are you a complex person?"

etc.

I do. You probably will too.

Bingo. You're "Indigo" if you want, but more important, you're gifted.

You searched for answers by yourself because you haven't been diagnosed by someone else. You felt different, out of synch. I did it too. But when you read book about indigo, I took another path.

Now I know I'm not unique, we are 600.000.000. I know also I'm not better, we have also downsides :

Problems to focus, to adapt to society. Highly susceptible. Sometimes lack of self-esteem. Stressed. Attracted by new-age, paranormal, and sci-fi stories (that is the most important for your story).

Now please, try to find other sources of information about your "condition". Discover that you are not "special", but just "different".

Keep the good things from this "Indigo" stuff (being compassionate, spirituality is important, etc) but please do not become obsessed by the more "crazy" stuff. You don't have a mission (only if you wish so). You are not a starseed. You cannot see the future (it is called being perceptive or insightful).

Some human have lower abilities (handicapped), some have higher. Dont waste your skills with this Indigo story. Regards. G

[edit on 21-8-200

That's what I was trying to say, that this New Age movement only speculates what Indigos are, and then puts supernatural meaning behind them to fulfill whatever rubbish they deem fit.

I checked out those characteristics, and yes, I fit them all. That's why I'm here at ATS, because I'm the only one in my family who wants to know. I'm curious about all things. Vivid imagination? Yes I believe so, I've been drawing pictures ever since I can remember. I've always had a problem with authority, mostly teachers and my parents and especially the government. I can give you detailed descriptions on how I fit ALL of those, so you know exactly what I'm talking about SpaceGoats. Others just can't grasp it. I know I'm different than any of my 6 other siblings. I know I'm different when it comes to my friends and what there interests are. Not different in an egotistical, 'I'm better than you sense' but more like I see things in a different light. They all watch TV, and conform like the masses, I hate television. I know SpaceGoats, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Maybe I should stop using the term Indigo, but then what would I say?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I just got done reading the Fortune URL you posted SpaceGoats, and I must say thank you very much for that. Yup, I fit all of those, but I wouldn't like to tell people I'm gifted. That to me seems much more full of ego than the term Indigo does....

I dunno, I'm glad this thread was created though because I'm part of an Indigo website, you may even be a part of SpaceGoats, called IndigoSociety, and it's full of people like us. I'm now glad to see what others think of the whole subject, even though it doesn't seem to be getting a good rep from other sites....

I didn't want to offend anyone, or seem like I'm better, because I know I'm not, regardless of my 'Giftedness'.
If it makes any one feel better, my flaws are security and EGO, and I'm working on them. I want to live a life of Love&Forgiveness, but it's tough to change the way you were raised, especially if you were born in the biggest social conforming country in the world, not to mention living most of my life in materialistic, greed filled Los Angeles.

Thanks SpaceGoats, you've made meh think a bit.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I checked out those characteristics, and yes, I fit them all. That's why I'm here at ATS, because I'm the only one in my family who wants to know. I'm curious about all things. Vivid imagination? Yes I believe so, I've been drawing pictures ever since I can remember. I've always had a problem with authority, mostly teachers and my parents and especially the government. I can give you detailed descriptions on how I fit ALL of those, so you know exactly what I'm talking about SpaceGoats. Others just can't grasp it. I know I'm different than any of my 6 other siblings. I know I'm different when it comes to my friends and what there interests are. Not different in an egotistical, 'I'm better than you sense' but more like I see things in a different light. They all watch TV, and conform like the masses, I hate television. I know SpaceGoats, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Maybe I should stop using the term Indigo, but then what would I say?

Say nothing. You are lucky because you have the potential to do many things, but if you say it to other people, they MAY become jealous or say your are just pretentious.

Just know that you are not alone. That probably some of your friends who have the same sense of humour as you, or the same interests as you are "different" too.

Know that it is not like : you are gifted, or you are not gifted. Those characteristics may be applicable to anyone. But to some people a little more, and to some a little less.

Know that YOU decide who you want to be, and not some book saying you are indigo, gifted, or anything. I believe you have the possibility to do whatever you want of your life. You probably learn fast and adapt well to any situation. Make that your strength. Choose what you want to do with your life, and make anything you can to make it happen. It will.

Continue to trust your guts when they say that justice, spirituality and things like that are important. It is true. We get back what we give. Give love, help, compassion etc, and you will get it back.

Know that you have potential, but that you also have weaknesses. You are probably prone to stress, you are attracted by "strange" topics (paranormal, conspiracy) and like to live in other worlds (fantasy worlds, roleplaying, video games). Don't let that become too important in you life. It is vital to go out and see people, to meet as many as you can. Try to find places where you can share interests, you will meet people like you.

Let all this be your secret. When you doubt you can succeed something, when someone tells you you are not talented, remember that you know you are indeed different, but that it is also your strength.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

UPFRONT Personal Disclosure: I'm 100% Human and I believe in Indigo's but the only evidence for this that I know of is their confessions and I' m fine with that but due to what they confess I find myself reacting as a total indigophobic bigot! Be warned! Feeling blue is just one fateful step away from becoming Indigo! Just Say NO! To Indigo!

Explanation: Starred & Flagged!

I have to ask the OP what the conditions of falsifyability should be in their opinion and that will give me a base to work from.

Personal Disclosure: Since there is apparently a standard preset RE: the 37 characteristics etc. and we have Indigo's partaking in this thread currently then we can actually TEST each Indigo [if they volunteer
] against each of the requirements and see if they meet it with an extremely low margin of error! [N% decided collectively by us and or the OP [it's their thread after all!]]. What say everybody?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Yup, I fit all of those, but I wouldn't like to tell people I'm gifted. That to me seems much more full of ego than the term Indigo does....

That is the problem we all face.

In this society, it is ok to say you are stupid, but it is not to say you are gifted.

Most funny is that usually the more some people will openly say he is gifted, the less he will really be. Gifted people really have a low self esteem. They hate to see them as "more" something than others. They prefer to say "differently".

I hate this term "gifted". But it is what psychologists are using, so be it. In my country they say "high potential". I just prefer "differently intelligent", because our "wiring" seems to be a little different.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
@11Indigo11

If you want a very down-to-earth explanation about your "condition", one of the current explanations is that you corpus callosum allows more connections between your two brain's hemispheres. This gives you a very ASSOCIATIVE tought pattern ; i.e. you see more links between things than other people. You see underlying schemes, patterns more easily. It allows you to "foresee" some things, and to make curious idea associations that other people seem to find "strange".

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The Indigo Children have been incarnating on the Earth for the last 100 years. The early Indigos were pioneers and wayshowers. After World War II, a significant number were born, and these are the Indigo adults of today. However, in the 1970s a major wave of Indigos was born, and so we have a whole generation of Indigos who are now in their late twenties and early thirties who are about to take their place as leaders in the world. Indigos continued to born up to about 2000, with increasing abilities and degrees of technological and creative sophistication.

The Crystal Children began to appear on the planet from about 2000, although some date them slightly earlier. These are extremely powerful children, whose main purpose is to take us to the next level in our evolution, and reveal to us our inner power and divinity. They function as a group consciousness rather than as individuals, and they live by the" Law of One" or Unity Consciousness. They are a powerful force for love and peace on the planet.

Source

More and more people seem to becoming more spiritual, and while I might not be able to give you the evidence you need, "a powerful force for love and peace" is what this planet is screaming out for.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join