It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP can't win so they cry foul; say dems need 80 votes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
reply to post by jkm1864

Because our family works hard, we are middle income citizens who cannot afford the high cost of health care for our children in this economy. Our income is in the low 50 thousand a year, we pay taxes, we pay a lot of taxes. No, I do not have car payments blah blah blah. We do have a house payment and other bills. The cost of living these days is just really bad where we live, along with just about everywhere else in this country right now.

And no, we were not one of those families that bought a McMansion. We have a small home, which was far within our income limits at the time we bought our home. Actually, we qualified for 40 thousand (give or take a bit) more than we ended up using. We THOUGHT at the time, we were assuring that if anything happened in the future, that we would still be able to afford our house payments along with health care etc.

Because of the increasing cost of living within the past few years, with almost ZERO increase in our income, we now live with a deficit of around $400.00 a month, when previously we had enough to put a percentage of our income into our savings every paycheck. It will be very soon that we will have depleted our hard earned savings.

This, without health care for our family now.

My family pays our taxes, and pays for low income to have health care, but we do not get the benefits of this.

Get out of your greed. I am willing to pay more in taxes so EVERYONE can have health care, even so YOU can have health care.

You say the government only cares about themselves and their buddies.

Well who the *snip* do you think private insurance companies care about? Your health? If you think that you are really confused. They care about ONE thing, and one thing only. How much of a profit they can make. That means, if they can deny customers services in any way possible and still get people to buy insurance from them, they WILL.

Who do you think is fighting the hardest against health care reform along with a public option? The republicans? The people? The government? Those who actually think for themselves? (you know, like the lady at McCain's town hall meeting who was asking him to tell her what to do *sarcasm) Or those who have the biggest possible loss in profits ie the insurance companies? I vote the last.

Healthy children will be more likely to be able to go to school on those scholarships you are supporting. I support scholarships as well, I also support great health care for children so that they can be healthy and grow up and go to university. You think a child who grows up without health care will likely be healthy enough to take advantage of those scholarships you are supporting? Do your studies, children who have health care from birth, are healthier and more intelligent. Meaning children with lifelong health care will be able to go to school to become those dr's you are talking about. Children with health care are far more likely to grow up to be productive citizens.

What are you talking about you work a third of your time for free? I think you are still confused. Ohhhh you mean cause you pay taxes. Forgetting the things that those taxes pay for. Like the roads you use, the school system you use, the police, the fire etc. etc. etc. No, you don't work any time for "free", you work for the upkeep of this country. Oh, and let's not forget paying taxes for the war Bush got us involved in. Now that is a worthy tax contribution. (sarcasm if you did not pick up on that)

The tax system is a different thread topic all together, and I myself feel that we have better options for taxation than what we now use. BUT, that is not the topic of this thread. But, I think we should be taxed on what we choose to buy, not on what our income is.

So, you may not be willing to help my family out ie health care for everyone, but even so, my heart would be willing to help your greedy self out. Even IF you make MORE or less than I do. Even if you are a leech.

Oh, and by the way, what did republican Senator Coburn(republican) tell the crying woman begging for help at the town hall meeting yesterday? To ask her neighbors for assistance. So ATS NEIGHBORS, I need help paying for health care for my children. Please send donations to my home. Or send me your address, and I will send you my dr bills. (again, sarcasm) Oh wait, a cheaper way for everyone as well as more efficient just might be a PUBLIC OPTION!

Harm None
Peace

Well I know I enjoy the right to pay for $50 aspirin!

That is my right as an AMERIKAN!

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join