It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im an Aquarius, and my personality traits are right on! Are yours??

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

But nobody here will care about science and truth. They will go on with their daily lives thinking astrology is real and the ultra-vague personality traits will match them perfectly.

I care. Just not enough to really argue the point when I'm already up to my neck in misconceptions about evolution, pseudo-spiritualist statements on human behavior and souls without a thought to cognitive neuroscience, and Jupiter x2 sized comets sling-shotting around the sun so fast that apparently nobody noticed.

But ok... here... this is what the constellations look like when viewed from about 1,600 light years from Earth.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d41cc7979bc.jpg[/atsimg]

lol, projection/subjective perception/anthropomorphizing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11b5ab3e576e.jpg[/atsimg]

Some of the stars in our constellations (such as Scorpio) aren't even in the same spiral arm of the galaxy as us.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I am ophiuchus but I cant find my zodiac anywhere! Awww shucks!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70

High Percentage of Taurus women tend to get in to the Nursing and Aged care profession

That's weird! My sister is a Taurus and she's a nurse at one of those assisted living places for old people.

I don't really believe in astrology though. I'm a Virgo, but I'm nothing like the descriptions I've seen. Actually I'm like the complete opposite....I'm not organized, industrious, or a perfectionist. I'm more like a Pisces.

Love to daydream, procrastinate, very sensitive, etc.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

Originally posted by Verum Astrum

Hahah..welcome Leo..first one here, I think
we need a great lion in the thread

Thanks Yummy Freelunch! Figure you need a Leo or two on here to balance out all this radical Aquarianism hehe.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I fit many traits, but will admit that I also dont fit many.

These do fit myself:

Don't expect an Aquarian to follow the crowd.

I dont follow the crowd. bang on.

Aquarians take pride in their intellectual independence.

I do almost to a fault (sometimes to a fault).

They can be liberal and progressive in thought, and yet still fixed in their opinion.

Would be me, yes. Very much so.

However, they are fair judges of different opinions because they don't let emotions get in their way

I think this is they way people would describe me.

... they tend to avoid getting too deeply involved in a relationship for fear of losing their independence...Aquarians usually never find themselves at a loss for companionship, but because they value their independence so, they may not make the best lovers. If they feel they are trapped, they will use any excuse to break free....

WoW, totally me here. Havnt had a steady long relationship in 8 yearsish.

This helps them avoid one of their greatest enemies - boredom.

I can say that boredom is something I totally avoid, I do hate it.

Aquarians relish in their unconventional ways. Their unusual thoughts lead them to think "outside of the box" and therefore, they are often seen as great thinkers. They are always looking for a new way to do something.

I like to think so. Being left handed has a part in this also, I would say.

However, while they will take your opinion of something into consideration, you may be unlikely to change their own thoughts on the subject.

I think thats me too. A problem I've noticed and try to avoid.

Aquarians can be stubborn in their opinions. They can become impatient with those who don't see their point of view and disagree with them. They are fiercely independent and this can make them seem cold, detached, and impersonal at times. They embrace their eccentric ideas so much that they can be viewed as rebellious and unpredictable.

I've much struggled with this at one point. Though I was also going through a sickness that mas making me miserable for years untill I was better.

These dont fit me, yet: (see conclusion)

Aquarians love more than anything to be in the company of other people.

Total wrong for me. I relish my time away from people in general. I could be and was in high school, but Ive changed.

One of the friendliest signs of the zodiac, they are true "people" people.

Im friendly, but I dont think anyone would call me a "people" person.

Aquarians will find their kindness helps them attract friends wherever they go

Fairly broad statement here. Im sure it would fit everyone who thought good of them selfs.

Their humanitarian beliefs make them concerned for the welfare of all.

Im far more concerned about Nature and Animal protection and conservation than Iam of the Human race. In fact, I tend to think of most of the human race as a plague, or virus (hence the site name & picture, actually, but thats a different topic).

The circulatory system, shins, and ankles - Aquarians may be prone to ankle and shin strains and breaks. Because....they may also have varicose veins and hardening of the arteries due to circulatory problems.

No problems there at all, and Ive been a skateboarder, still snowboard and played hardball and still play softball. Too young for circulatory problems yet, thank god.

Conclusion:
Well, that was a fun break down. Was interesting to see the matches and the mismatches actually. Ive never taken the time. Noticed one thing. I did find kind of interesting the statement that Aquarius is the sign of the future!. Meaning, Ive already got some of these traits, and every one of the others is obtainable by myself if I so choose too. Very interesting! Almost
ing

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Yea I have always fit the role of a Gemini to a t. Sometimes like on this site I really can feel it.
No wonder I get bored of really long threads!

uh oh, geminis are trouble! my brother and my boyfriend are both geminis and boy have they caused a lot of mayhem in their lives. never ever trying to follow the system and live life the way you are "supposed" to... very ADD, short attention spans... almost childlike in their attitude. not in an immature way, but in the way a child is curious about the simplest things way. they like to kinda live life their way and dont like being told what to do. they say there are gonna do something, but never go through with anything

yep, good ol geminis! any of that describe you?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
i myself am a leo, and i would definitely agree with the astrology of leos. my boyfriends mom practices astrology and the second she met me she said "hello, nice to meet you, you are a leo". shes awesome. she can tell you just about anything about astrology and signs. i was pretty impressed with how dead on she was. one of my brothers birthdays is the day before mine, and we are practically like twins even though we are years apart in age. ive alwya been friends with leos too, but i tend to find it creates too much drama

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSmith

Well, I guess I should have figured Mr Smith for an Aquariun!! LOL.
.but Im with you on the missed ones, maybe because of the day of our births..I really like being alone, and not much into crowds

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan_12

I tend to stay away from other leo's because they annoy me. The strange thing is is my wifes dad is a leo, and we get along fine. That man scares the crap outta me though. He some how manages to practice kenpo at 40yrs old

[edit on 23-8-2009 by mr. nameless]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Im a Leo and yep id agree with 95% of what it said

RARRR!

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I was born under Gemini, latter end of May. According to tropical astrology I'm a Gemini; under the Sidereal, I'm a Taurus.

Before I discovered sidereal, I didn't really believe in the astrology stuff, because the Gemini description never really fit me. I'm not a social butter fly, I like small groups of close associates to mingle with; people that I feel comfortable around. I also hate crowds. I can be very lazy as well, until I set my mind to something, or I'm provoked. I had a bad temper when I was hitting the teenager years, but now that I'm a little older, it takes a lot to get me mad.

Anyone know where I can calculate an accurate birth chart under sidereal? I found one on Google and it seemed to have worked pretty well. Although there isn't near the wealth of information on sidereal as there is of the tropical zodiac.

Anyway, under tropical, I'm a Gemini sun, Virgo rising and Capricorn moon. Under Sidereal, I'm a Taurus sun, Sag moon and Aries rising. I'm not an expert in astrology, but I've been told the aforementioned positions are most important.

Sidereal is really interesting stuff to read, even if it is a bit confusing. Sidereal also seems more concrete because, from what I have read, it explains some of the Egyptian pyramid stuff.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Manwin]

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Manwin]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
As a psychologist I have seen that people's personality traits tend to be in line with their sign. Whenever I am doing an assessment I always take note of their sign.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Yes I am an Aquarius too 10th of Feb, and the trait fits me so much that I find that quite weird because I am not at all into astrology. Yet there is no escaping the similarity.

Another weird thing is that my blood group is AB negative and I slot perfectly into the traits those others of the negative blood type exhibit also. My face was a picture when I read about the traits of the negative AB blood type because the traits could have been describing me.

I really do not know what to make of it. Life is very weird and getting weirder.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Manwin

Try www.astro.com It's one of my favorite astrology websites and most of the features are available for free, including playing around with different chart types (tropical, sidereal, various house systems, etc.).

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Funny: the description in the OP fits me like a glove.
The problem is, I am not an Aquarian.

On the other hand, it reads like the exact opposite of a relative of mine - who IS an Aquarian.

I am not denying that "astral" influences, whatever they are (I wrote about what they are NOT in another thread, more than a year ago), do seem to shape people's personalities.
But the Sun is only one of the planets coming into play; so, anyone seriously interested in astrology should also consider all the other planetary aspects, especially your rising sign.

(BTW, here's a tip for all those who read horoscopes: FIRST, read your ascendant/rising sign forecast, then your Sun sign - and many even omit the solar sign altogether.
Heck, some even omit the rising sign forecast, too.
I am one of these...
)

[edit on 22-10-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazystars
reply to post by Manwin

Try www.astro.com It's one of my favorite astrology websites and most of the features are available for free, including playing around with different chart types (tropical, sidereal, various house systems, etc.).

Thanks for the link. I guess you weren't kidding. That's a big site. I'm still trying to find out where to get the Sidereal chart.

I'll be bookmarking that one.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Sagittarians have a positive outlook on life, are full of enterprise, energy, versatility, adventurousness and eagerness to extend experience beyond the physically familiar. They enjoy travelling and exploration, the more so because their minds are constantly open to new dimensions of thought. They are basically ambitious and optimistic, and continue to be so even when their hopes are dashed. Their strongly idealistic natures can also suffer many disappointments without being affected. They are honorable, honest, trustworthy, truthful, generous and sincere, with a passion for justice.

*Yup thats pretty much 100% spot on..... I dont think I have ever been put off by down points in my life and are always looking for ways to expand my knowledge etc....

Sagi's are the best sign

and i believe were the only sign represented by a fictional animal ???

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manwin

Originally posted by Hazystars
reply to post by Manwin

Thanks for the link. I guess you weren't kidding. That's a big site. I'm still trying to find out where to get the Sidereal chart.

I'll be bookmarking that one.

You are most welcome. The site is great for Astro-Junkies, but can be overwhelming at first as it is quite intensive. Once you have your account set up, click on “Free Horoscopes,” followed by “Horoscope Drawings & Calculations,” then on to “Extended Chart Selection.” That will take you to your personal chart section. There is a drop-down menu entitled, “Zodiac,” which will allow you to change your chart into various Sidereal versions of your chart. The other drop-down menus are for transits, house systems, and composite charts, etc. Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disclosure Agent
Sagittarians have a positive outlook on life, are full of enterprise, energy, versatility, adventurousness and eagerness to extend experience beyond the physically familiar. They enjoy travelling and exploration, the more so because their minds are constantly open to new dimensions of thought. They are basically ambitious and optimistic, and continue to be so even when their hopes are dashed. Their strongly idealistic natures can also suffer many disappointments without being affected. They are honorable, honest, trustworthy, truthful, generous and sincere, with a passion for justice.

*Yup thats pretty much 100% spot on..... I dont think I have ever been put off by down points in my life and are always looking for ways to expand my knowledge etc....

Sagi's are the best sign

and i believe were the only sign represented by a fictional animal ???

Sagittarians is one of the few signs represented by a mythical creature, but the SeaGoat Capricorn is right after him.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The truth is deep with in her(or his) eyes and
the truth she speaks she never lies.
Feb. 3 Yes the traits described fit to a T don't they? Non conformist,
humanitarian, visionary, against the grain.
Notice just above my avatar?

[edit on 23-10-2009 by randyvs]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join