It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im an Aquarius, and my personality traits are right on! Are yours??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Im a scorpio and i never hear the end of it. I recently read up on this astrology stuff and i do fit the description; the traits were preety much spot on. Why is it that astrology can assume what I'm like based on when I was born?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't believe in astrology. I'm a Taurus, and Taurus doesn't believe in astrology.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

You are ignoring the Ascension sign which is as much of if not more of a factor in your personality traits at your age. The sun sign is the one you are created during, but the ascension sign is the one that you grow up into during your "second birth" later in life.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
To the original "op" you are not an aquarius! Do some research and you will discover that since the zodiac calander was created, the star linements that created your sign, are now diffrent. None of the the signs are the same as they was, you are now proably a virgo or some other sign. Hey don't get mad at the messenger, I am only trying to tell you the truth!

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Mr_XIM]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Sagittarius: You are smart and cool.
Aquarius: You are awesome.
Scorpio: You have a great personality.
ETC ETC

Everyone: "These things are so right!"

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Yep, represents me too.

Aries: brains of humanity.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
www.astrology-online.com... this website is sooo much better. The information is more in depth. It is vital that you know both your Birth and your ascension sign to get a deeper understanding. I am a taurus birth sign and an aquarius ascendant. I am deeply spiritual and I often need alone time. Just like it says. I combined the information from both. I was born with more of the personality from a taurus, but as i have experienced life I have become a lot like an aquarius.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm an Aquarius as well, I find that the traits pretty much on target for me too.

Lets be eccentric

To be from the 11th House is often a burden, the lessons from the other houses are always spilling out but who listens these days!

Edit because the reality of my thoughts is not the same as my fingers.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Helmkat]

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Helmkat]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by brooklyn87
I have always been into astrology, I am a Pisces and have found almost every book I have bought and read fit me perfectly, I have books dating back to the early 1900's and even those match my personality

pisces traits...

Imaginative and sensitive
Compassionate and kind
Selfless and unworldly
Intuitive and sympathetic

On the dark side....

Escapist and idealistic
Secretive and vague
Weak-willed and easily led

I too used to follow astrology as an interest, but being a Pisces and seeing all the "dark side" things come true from time to time, I've worked hard to counter them and avoid astrology at all cost. It is very interesting how easy it depicts your personality though.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
im born on feb 19th. depends on what magazine i pick up; im either an Aquarius or Pisces.

ive read a few things about being a cusp, but maybe you guys can say something ive never heard before.

i thought i was Pisces for the longest time.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_XIM

This is correct. If you were born 2000 years ago, you would be an Aquarius or whatever sign you think you are today. But the Earth wobbles on it's axis and it takes about 26,000 years for one full wobble. As such, the signs change every 2000 years.

Whatever sign astrology says you are, you would've been that sign 2000 years ago, but you are not that sign today. This is taught in astronomy class. If everyone were required to take astronomy, there would be no more astrology because everyone would know how fake astrology is.

But nobody here will care about science and truth. They will go on with their daily lives thinking astrology is real and the ultra-vague personality traits will match them perfectly.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by _BoneZ_]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I use only chinese zodiac, i think it is more accurate and scientifically logical, since from year to year planets/galaxies radiations change and IMO does effect fetus. Where is in monthly zodiac (moon) does give off radiation, but it is only moon and IMO gives much less % in traits as oppose to yearly galaxy inlovement in forming a fetus.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I'm an Aquarius too and I find I match pretty much the stereotypical Aquarian. I find this overview very me-ish in particular.

The Myth:
Aquarians are perpetually painted as cold, robotic characters who have no heart and no passion. They are, we are told, entirely intellectual in their make up. Like Star Trek's Mr. Spock, they can only think, they cannot feel. They are supposed to be aloof, distant, uncaring and for good measure, they are also reputed to be insanely eccentric.

The Truth:
Well, there's no denying the "eccentric bit". People born under this sign are fiercely proud of their idiosyncrasies. In truth though, their disposition is the very antithesis of ambivalent. They are highly sensitive souls who care deeply about the people around them. It's because they are so inwardly vulnerable that they hide their feelings behind a mask of indifference. They fear that if they ever let it slip, they may never restore it. For much the same reason, Aquarians are sociable. They figure, as long as they are making pleasant, easy conversation or discussing ideas rather than emotions, they will be able to distract others from the true intensity of their passionate hearts.

The Key To Success:
To be an Aquarian is to have impeccable, almost infallible judgement. It is to know, instantly, the right answer to any question and to see, immediately, the best way to proceed with any plan. It is also though, to be viewed with suspicion by those who do not possess such clarity. All you ever need, to be successful, is to act on your insights.

www.cainer.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by starlitestarbrite
Hi Yummy I just wanted to give you a SHOUT out I am also Aquarius and a high 5 to you for sharing the same birth date as I!
I fit the Aquarius profile to the T.
I have been refusing to follow the crowd since I was a child

These few words couldn't be more dead on

"They do not give themselves easily - perhaps their judgment of human nature is too good for that - and are sometimes accounted cold. But once they decide that someone is worthy of their friendship or love, they can exert an almost hypnotic and irresistible mental attraction on them and will themselves become tenacious friends or lovers, ready to sacrifice everything for their partners and be faithful to them for life. However, they are sometimes disappointed emotionally because their own high personal ideals cause them to demand more of others than is reasonable. And if they are deceived their anger is terrible. If disillusioned, they do not forgive."

I am a true Aquarian

~peace

WOW, thats so fits me too!!! In fact, Ive been single for 4 years because Im so dang picky...LOL!!!!! Awful isnt it
Oh well, us Aquariuns do like to be alone, though.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by brooklyn87
I havent heard from any other pisces?

No other flirty fishes?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArkayikRuination
Aquarians are creative and imaginative, but better at dreaming up ideas rather than putting them into practice. They would rather spend their time thinking up new ideas than putting the ones they have already thought of into motion. They leave that job to others. Those born under the sign of Aquarius are true visionaries and leaders.

Wow! I'm a fellow Aquarian and this is me lol. Like I should be a foreman or something. If only construction wasn't so boring.

Im so glad you quoted that, it makes me feel alot better about being a procrastinator! I start a job and never finish it, because Im already dreaming up another one..lol...maybe we tend to be a bit lazy? And maybe a bit messy

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi

haha. ok, i can give you a little information before you must go find out the juicy stuff for yourself, about yourself, Aquarius! (in astrological terms of course, and when you want to of course.)

Lagna: The ascendant, i.e.- time of birth in which what sign was coming into view, such as mine, 5:30pm. which you'd be happy to know, i was born on the hour that Aquarius was rising over the eastern horizon, making it actually Capricorn in sidereal, making your sun sign, Capricorn in sidereal as well. The descriptions may be googled: "sun sign in Makara."

Nakshatra: A 1/27th section of a Moon sign in which you are influenced.. this is where the scary true traits really hit the mark. These 27ths are important in accuracy as is the degrees of trajectory of a NASA satallite in order to stay in orbit, or leave orbit etc, these angles are listed here:
www.astrojyoti.com...
and/or here:
astrology.indianetzone.com...

Saturn plays a very important role in the general karmic lesson of this life, as well as the nodes of the moon, north node, south node in conjunction with Mars activity and the Solar energy to cognitively actualize your lessons.

edit: you must know your time of birth, so that from the Lagna, you determine which "houses" each of the sequential planets fall into on the natal chart.. 8th house Sun will be more deeply concerned with the occult and sex and shared wealth, than say a 3rd house sun, say this person is an entertainer in the media giants, or simply the family gregarious one.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by thaknobodi]

WOW, star for that..thats amazing! I will have to ask my mom the hour I was born, I was thinking 4 am for some reason..but not sure..Id like to find out more..thats really interesting
ty!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
there to generalized and ego based.

someones astrological sign holds no meaning to me.

i know people who are born on the same day, and they couldn't be more unalike, in traits and personality.

you really think everyone born in July (pre-22nd) have extremely similar personality's?

Now open up your local paper, and go to the page with your horoscope for the day, look at all the signs readings, notice the same message delivered slightly different over and over again? notice how rare it is for any sign to get less then 3 stars?

Yes, I know its more generalized..but so many of us here on this thread fit our astrological sign, it has to be more than just pure chance
IMO...well those paper horoscopes are kinda lame..but the site I gave you is pretty right on..its creepy
And dont tell me you never look at your fortune cookie...winks

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekingmyself
I love astrology! I am a Cancer and most of the points fit me EXACTLY...and the signs I'm compatible with have rung true for me too! But I want to point out that some people will say their sign doesn't fit them...the reason for that is because you shouldn't only look at your sun sign; there are a whole bunch of other things happening in the solar system at the time of your birth! That's why if you get a reading detailed with your DAY of birth, time of birth, and location, you'll get a much more accurate reading!!! even if you just google a reading for the day of your birth, i think you'll find it to be a little more germaine to you

example: I am a cancer ( June 23) on the cusp of a gemini. cancer's are said to be introverted and shy which is just not me at all...which is where the gemini traits come in
I am a bartender, brought a book about astrology in one evening, and chuckled all night at the 30-50 year old men who were astonished that their descriptions fit them so well. Hehe. fun.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Seekingmyself]

Wow, Seeking, TY for that..that explains why some people say it doesnt fit them...good find
and thats funny about your experience

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless.D
Im a scorpio and i never hear the end of it. I recently read up on this astrology stuff and i do fit the description; the traits were preety much spot on. Why is it that astrology can assume what I'm like based on when I was born?

Thats exactly my question too! wierd isnt it..and scorps are REALLY hot lovers..HAHAHAHA sorry, but its true...errr...well I HEARD that anyway

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join