It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im an Aquarius, and my personality traits are right on! Are yours??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Just from the time of me being at ATS and reading your posts I think you fit the cancerian profile IMHO...G W Bush is a cancer...most of them hide behind their HARD CRUNCHY ABRASIVE shells, but that's what makes them so good with a bowlfull of melted butter, lol.
No, Really, when you get to the meaty center they are quite sweet, generous, and kind. But yeah, I know my opinion is worthless...but just me .02.
Anyway at least it's entertaining, NO?
Okay that's done...so I am a pisces and I feel that it fits me to a degree.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Just from the time of me being at ATS and reading your posts I think you fit the cancerian profile IMHO...G W Bush is a cancer...most of them hide behind their HARD CRUNCHY ABRASIVE shells, but that's what makes them so good with a bowlfull of melted butter, lol.
No, Really, when you get to the meaty center they are quite sweet, generous, and kind. But yeah, I know my opinion is worthless...but just me .02.
Anyway at least it's entertaining, NO?
Okay that's done...so I am a pisces and I feel that it fits me to a degree.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by ldyserenity]

LMAO, this is probably the firs time i've been analyzed.

I do think we all have hard shells, and soft cores.

As in shrek, we're all onions in our own way.

And also my post in the newest thread, Greatest Memory, Obviously will show my soft side.

I am struck again. lol.

I'm still not folding, It's the barnum effect.

I'll give you that, it's very entertaining. That's where it should stay though.

No depending your life, or basing your life on it

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Wow! Well I guess I certainly had to reply, as I am also an Aquarius born on February 8th! Although I do suspect these horoscopes are simply just Barnum statements

[edit on 21-8-2009 by AltruisticNarcissist]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
As a Libran, I gotta say I do fit exactly what it says. Though, it's probably safe to say that I'm not at 100% of my potential. Probably at 2%, but eh.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
A shining Leo here

I have a Virgo rising and and an Arian Moon, an excess of planets in fire signs and love a good foot stomp hehe
Tis great to see Astrology being referenced here without the usual mainstream contempt....well all except for Republican, but we forgive him right? lol
Cheers for a great thread!
VA

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Im Aquarius 1st of Feb and its spot on for me.
However my wife is Aquarius 11th Feb and she is nothing like the description of Aquarius very opposite actually

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Take a few quick moments to go through a few of my other posts, and then tell me what sign I am. Don't expect it to convince me, because there's no controls on this little experiment and a bit of phishing/surfing can reveal a surprising amount of information on someone. John Edwards and Sylvia Browne make good livings doing it, as does James Randi by demonstrating his skill with it and debunking it as a trick.

But so far as I can tell, I share personality traits ascribed to at least 7 of the Zodiac signs either in part or in whole.

Due to the subjective nature of the divide between Consciousness and Cognitive function, the illusion of "I", and innate bias towards self - we effectively are our own worst evaluators. This is why hypochondriacs should stay away from WebMD and other self-diagnosis sites.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gigantea Rosa
I'm an Aquarius as well yay!

Though lately through meditation and such I've become more lax and laid back, that is until I pick up a game controller and I'm confronted with hard tasks during the game then leisure is all over

YAY....Aquariuns!! You know..i seem to think we are kind of rare...I dont meet many Aquariuns!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
hi there,

i am an aquarius too and i agree!! it is bang on the type of person i am!! (my partner agrees!)

its even spot on for my 2 yr old daughter!!
cheers, S&F.

g

WOW another one!!! We are coming out of the woodwork! So you agree..its really accurate? I seem to think so too

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112
I'm a Virgo. Don't know if I fit the "textbook definition" of a Virgo, but many have told me that I do.

I love people whole-heartedly.

My husband complains frequently that I am far to anal about any decision. Heck, I took four months to research a new stove purchase. And our last car purchase, well, he gave up on me choosing after I debated with myself for nearly eight months and he just went and bought one. (I loved his choice)

I'm creative & love to experience all that life has to offer. Every new sight, sound smell, anything new is something I cherish. Nearly everything peeks my interest and I often find myself digging for any nugget of info I can get, for hours sometimes, on even the most insignificant of topics.

I am married to a Gemini and I guess we are not supposed to be compatible. We're like fire and ice, but IMO our differences make us a force to be reckoned with.

hehe you sound "virgo" to me..4 months!!! wow..giggles
did he have to tape his mouth shut during those 4 months..lol

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Richard Dawkins in Enemies of Reason does this.

And he give a group of people the Astrology readout of Sagitarious.

But hid the name and replaced it with their own signs.

And most agreed with it, and said it was remarkable! And Dead on.

Yet the one sagitarious who was given sagitarious card but with cancer on it, didn't agree with it at all. lol.

I won't totally go out, but my family, does not work in the least bit on tradition, I will tell you that! neither do I, trust me.

I wont argue with ya, if you say so , hon, I believe ya
but seriously...you could show me all the other signs traits..and i have a feeling Brooklyn too, we wouldnt agree..

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70
Tee Hee Me an Aquanaut too. (16th Feb)
Though one must remember with Astrology. The Moon sign plays a big part in ones own personality. As the Sun sign is essentially how others see you.
Few common Astrological traits in people I have noticed are:

High percentage of Scorpios tend to like to get a tattoo of a Scorpion put on their bodies.
High Percentage of Taurus women tend to get in to the Nursing and Aged care profession
and all of the Pisces Women I have met have been Flirty fishes LOl

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Epsillion70]

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Epsillion70]

HAHAHAH oh too good...dont look at Brooklyn..she IS a flirty fish..i think she's a she? Brooklyn, are you???

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine
I'm an Aries with Cancer moon and Virgo rising.

I used to do natal astrology charts for friends as a teenager. I know what Republican08 said about the "Barnum Effect" is true, because I've messed up people's charts without realizing a mistake I made and they'd say it's "spot on!", then I would realize my mistake and correct it, and then they'd tell me "I thought the other one was right, but this one's even better!"

Anyway, I don't think there's anything wrong with believing in astrology. I think how we use the information is the important question. Astrology can help us understand our strengths and weaknesses, if we believe in it, and it can then help us evolve as a person, overcome our weaknesses and reach our best potential.

I know a lot of people though, who believe in astrology and think of it as fixed. They tend to use it as a sort of "cop-out" for their faults. For instance, my friend has told me her boyfriend (of 8-9 years) cannot be faithful to her, "because he's a Sagittarius."

Some people think they can't change their behavior, their actions, their thought processes, because they're committed to their astrological persona.

In some ways, I am like an Aries with Cancer moon and Virgo rising, but over time I've tried to balance myself and tone-down some of the Aries and Cancer traits that I think would hold me back from learning and evolving philosophically.

Well said..but as I see it..none of us are "fixed", either..its just im so intrigued how for the most part, it seems we really are how our astrology signs predict..of course..no one knows how this happens,honestly, and Im sure there are differences here and there..but its interesting, non the less

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet

I too am an aquarius, and many books, magazines and sites have offered up my exact personality, but some have also gotten it wrong. It is about half and half. However they always forget to mention that I keep things inside then blow up. It is a trait I have always noted to be aquarian.

oh boy..so true..see! you just have to find the right site..lol..us aquariuns are just too eccentric

Edit to add: I meant to also say..im a slob...dont know if any other Aquariuns are that way...LOL

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Yummy Freelunch]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
A Taurean here! The description I would say describes most of me though my Birthday is on May 19th so I am on the cusp with Gemini. Interestingly I would say I'm mostly Taurus but some of the Gemini attributes are quite predominantly in me.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
So how come those into astrology have not mentioned Sidereal, or Vedic astrology yet? Western astrology, says you are one sign ahead of the actual constellations they're "ruled" by. Making, my Virgo, a Leo (count backwards 23 degrees) Also, no one mentioned the Ascendant, or Lagna sign in Indian terms. Or the moon sign which is equal parts important in total make up. look it up. Vedic astrology, or jyotish, or sidereal. all terms apply... much older and more ancient and accurate than what we in america are used to.

Wow, Id like to hear more about it...actually..I dont know much about astrology..im just intrigued that its so accurate about personality! I have mostly just dealt with Oracle board and tarot
...but im willing to learn!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

MMMM crab legs..lol...too funny !!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Ahhhhh, luv, let your hair down..Live a little! I like it..you really do fit a cancer profile pretty well...grins

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AltruisticNarcissist
Wow! Well I guess I certainly had to reply, as I am also an Aquarius born on February 8th! Although I do suspect these horoscopes are simply just Barnum statements

[edit on 21-8-2009 by AltruisticNarcissist]

OOO..my sibling
..lol...so you dont think it fits you at all??? I gotta give you a O.o on that one

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I am 100% gemini...

Gemini -- The Twins. May 21 to June 21.

Gemini, the sign of the Twins, is dual-natured, elusive, complex and contradictory. On the one hand it produces the virtue of versatility, and on the other the vices of two-facedness and flightiness. The sign is linked with Mercury, the planet of childhood and youth, and its subjects tend to have the graces and faults of the young. When they are good, they are very attractive; when they are bad they are more the worse for being the charmers they are.

I'll admit that this little snippet here doesn't go into a lot of detail, but I have read rather extensive descriptions of geminis before and they pretty much describe me!
I'm so gemini that... well, I made it my ATS name (although with a variation on the spelling) and I'm thinking about getting a gemini tattoo but I want to design it myself and I haven't started on it yet, so who knows when that will happen, lol.

Edit because I found more:

The Gemini-born are intellectually inclined, forever probing people and places in search of information. The more information a Gemini collects, the better. Sharing that information later on with those they love is also a lot of fun, for Geminis are supremely interested in developing their relationships. Talks with these folks are always enjoyable, since Geminis are bright, quick-witted and the proverbial life of the party. Even though their intellectual minds can rationalize forever and a day, Geminis also have a surplus of imagination waiting to be tapped.

Since Geminis are a mix of the yin and the yang, they are well represented by the Twins. The Gemini-born can easily see both sides of an issue, a wonderfully practical quality. Less practical is the fact that you're not sure which Twin will show up half the time. Geminis may not know who's showing up either, which can prompt others to consider them fickle and restless.

That is SO me! I also find it interesting that we're incompatible with Capricorn. My exhusband is a Capricorn... we were about as incompatible as it gets! LOL!

[edit on 8/21/2009 by gemineye]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join