It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine faces rape charges...my guess is that he will get off

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Is he going to do significant jail time? Will his blonde behind be raped like it would in a civilian prison?

My predicition is that he will do less than a year and somebody affiliated with the military is going to see to it that he has gainful employment.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

edit to add- I know determining punishment would be difficult, which is why I just said guilty. I didn't specify guilty of what.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by jd140]

This is the problem with your black and white, all or nothing proposal. I am not trying to say that he will likely get off 100% scott free. I am saying he will likely get some sort of slap on the wrist.

For example, he could be found guilty or plea guilty to a lesser charge.

If he is found guilty of all charges, there is an issue of sentencing. Is he going to get the punishment he deserves, or are they going to go light on him? How are we going to precisely define a "light" punishment? Is 10 years too light? Is 5 years?

So if you can define with precision a test to determine exactly what a "light" punishment is, I will leave forever if he does not receive a "light" punishment.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

Civilian courts also convict at over 90%. This case is different from many other typical cases in that: (1) an officer is involved, (2) the officer has the means to hire his own counsel rather than rely on appointed counsel, and (3) the accused has commited a crime against civilians, not crimes against the military like using drugs while on duty.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

My last post to you and then I'm done feeding the troll.

Stop making excuses. I set up an easy way for you to back up what you said, you got nervous about being called out and you started making excuses.

You showed the type of person you are and that type fits well on my ignore list. Hope you have a good time there.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
i wish i knew what happened in this case.

my guess is, no one ever found out what happened to him. :p

top topics

<< 1   >>

join