It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran launches its 1st domestically-built container ship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Iran launches its 1st domestically-built container ship

www.presstv.ir

Iran comes one step closer to shipbuilding independence with the launch of its first indigenous ocean-going container ship in the Persian Gulf.

Manufactured by the Iran Shipbuilding and Offshore Industries Complex Co. (ISOICO), the 2200 TEU container ship weighs 7500 tons on land, can accelerate to 32 knots (59.3 Km/h) and is able to sail 25 days non-stop.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Iran is definitely no joke. Their ability to advance their technology in short amounts of time even while under sanctions is pretty amazing.

Why anyone would think to attack folks like that is totally beyond me. To attack a country with that kind of self sufficiency would be borderline insanity.

The ship looks pretty sweet, and I'd like to commend Iran on another of their accomplishments.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCuriousIran is definitely no joke. Their ability to advance their technology in short amounts of time even while under sanctions is pretty amazing.

Well i do agree they have a good ability to advance there technology, the sanctions in place have no effect what so ever, there biggest trading partners don't follow the same protocols as the rest of the world. Lol

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious
Iran is definitely no joke. Their ability to advance their technology in short amounts of time

The technology to build these ships has been "out there" for decades now!

I'm kinda surprised that Iran, being the 4th top oil exporting country, took this long to start building ships for themselves!

I guess when your in the top 4 oil exporting countries, shipbuilding wasn't at the "Top of their List" of things to do!

And I wouldn't exactly say that they are "advancing their technology" as much as "they are using technology that is already out there".

[edit on 8/22/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I just hope the U.S. dont blow it up like they did to its first passenger flight

new topics

top topics

join