It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You got a problem with God?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by skajkingdom

Not to be rude, but I am Richard Dawkins. I can't just go by word alone that it is your site and your article. If it truly is, then no fault was done on your part. Until further evidence other than an empty claim is made, then I see no reason to assume that you are telling the truth.

Later today I'll be picking that article apart as I've already seen many thing's wrong with it.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
I also have a beef with the idea of prayer.

Have you heard of George Mueller? By the time he died he was running a mutli-million dollar operation for his orphange by praying to God in secret.
(Mat 6:6 [Jesus is speaking]
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. )
The Bristol Times said he was a man of miracles.
There are people still alive today that remember him from when they were in his orphange.

Thanks,
TT

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by texastig

I prayed for rain the other night. Will you now believe me that my personal rain God is real?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

The Christian can act like a complete and total carbuncle upon the scrotum of society. He can kill and rape and hate and steal all he wants. But so long as he gives a heartfelt apology to god at the last minute, boom, he gets eternal joy and happiness in heaven, just like that.

Yeah, a Christian maybe can. But I cannot. I am Muslim.

"...repentance shall not be accepted from those who do evil deeds until their dying hour and then say, "Behold, I now repent"; nor from those who die as deniers of the truth: it is these for whom We have readied grievous suffering." (Qur'an, 4:18)

Verily, as for those who are bent on denying the truth after having attained to faith, and then grow [ever more stubborn] in their refusal to acknowledge the truth, their repentance [of other sins] shall not be accepted: for it is they who have truly gone astray. (Q, 3:90)

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by skajkingdom

Sounds like some scary stuff! That God sounds worse than the Christians God Jesus.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I suppose it's not really god's fault they choose to be utter pinheads, but couldn't he like, flex that omnipotence and give these people a little joy? Or
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

childish insults becomne you.

sinex

Sounds like some scary stuff! That God sounds worse than the Christians God Jesus.

I'm not scared.
I see where you would be.
BTW do you ever sleep? YOU seem to police these threads 24 hrs a day
Take a break stop ignoring your kids all the time.
What happened to that satanic sig?
You obviously have no other interests on this site either.
Very odd.
I think since i've noticed that it's time for ignore.
Hey that's another thing.I'm always the first to become bored with you people.
Boring.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm not scared.

I think you are. Blaspheme against God if your not scared.

I see where you would be.

Really? Point it out for me.

BTW do you ever sleep? YOU seem to police these threads 24 hrs a day

No, not 24 hours a day, I do sleep at night.

Take a break stop ignoring your kids all the time.

I post mostly when my kids are at school and occasionally when they're busy outside with their friends. No ignoring going on, don't worry.

What happened to that satanic sig?

Seems to still be there.

You obviously have no other interests on this site either.
Very odd.

Really? I've been posting on a bunch of other different topics other than religion.

I think since i've noticed that it's time for ignore.

[sarcasm]Oh sweet Jesus no![/sarcasm]

Boring.

Ah, only boring because you lack the intellect to actually converse intelligently or refute a single thing pointed out.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by skajkingdom

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

The Christian can act like a complete and total carbuncle upon the scrotum of society. He can kill and rape and hate and steal all he wants. But so long as he gives a heartfelt apology to god at the last minute, boom, he gets eternal joy and happiness in heaven, just like that.

Yeah, a Christian maybe can. But I cannot. I am Muslim.

"...repentance shall not be accepted from those who do evil deeds until their dying hour and then say, "Behold, I now repent"; nor from those who die as deniers of the truth: it is these for whom We have readied grievous suffering." (Qur'an, 4:18)

Verily, as for those who are bent on denying the truth after having attained to faith, and then grow [ever more stubborn] in their refusal to acknowledge the truth, their repentance [of other sins] shall not be accepted: for it is they who have truly gone astray. (Q, 3:90)

Lol I'm replying to both of you.

To TheWalkingFox

Any Christian that thinks he can commit mortal sins and get away with it with an apology will undoubtedly have a eternity full of high temperatures and spiked dildoed butt sex. Christians cannot get away with anything we want.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To:skajkingdom

One could call it strange that the Bible and the Qur'an convey an almost identical message yet the two faiths fight constantly. It's really the same with Judiasm and the teachings of the Torah which is the same as the biblical old testament.

Anyway that's not the strangest thing.

All three religions spring from Abrahamic bloodlines although Muhammad was descended from the illegitimate son of Abraham but still would carry the blood of the chosen family.

The story goes that Abraham had his sons which later led to the bloodlines of Judaism and Christianity (and Jesus himself was in fact a blood relative through King David and is related to Muhammed through the Abrahamic bloodline) and he also laid with another woman whom also bore him a son out of wedlock. She apparently pleaded with god that her line deserved to be as holy as the house of Abraham because her son was from him. God gave her a prophet (which he told her he would) in her bloodlines which you call Muhammad.

This is the basic story and not told verbatim.

Historically (through religious history or myth depending on the reader's belief system) all three religions came from the same house. The same family. Yet, we still fight amongst ourselves to this day.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Ah, only boring because you lack the intellect to actually converse intelligently or refute a single thing pointed out

Always with the lies and insults. I've never seen you post to anything else. But you certainly police consistently in this forum. As if you
you have something interesting to share. You are boring, your views are boring. It isn't my fault that they are they just are.

It's disection time again.

Oh the invisible straw man isn't believable,
but the invisible satan is? Why refute anything with a childish cherry picker.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Always with the lies and insults.

This coming from someone who just said they were putting me on ignore. Hypocrite much? lol

I've never seen you posty to anything else.

Then you must not be in the other threads I talk in. Hmm...

But you certainly police consistently in this forum.

Ah, so it's somehow inherently wrong of me to post on this topic as much as anyone else does?

As if you
you have something interesting to share.

To some, they might find it interesting and worthy of discussion. Unfortunately I am met with that one particular type of person who is so blinded by their religious dogma that they are unable to grasp other concepts.

You are boring, your views are boring.

I disagree, I find science very interesting. Always filled with amazement and wonder of what will be next to learn and discover. I would find the dogmatic belief in having the ultimate answer without any evidence or drive to test that answer as true to be more boring for myself. Never really did care for intellectual laziness.

It isn't my fault that they are they just are.

Wow, sad life you must live to find discovery and learning new thing's as boring. Like they say, ignorance is bliss!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Can't you keep anything straight? I said nothing about new things, discovery
or science. I said you and yours and they are BORING.
Live a GOOD life through the evil straw man satan. Make up my mind will you.
Your life is an oxyMORON at best.
Where is your science for this

Live a good life through SATAN you are a joke .
You will never learn no matter how many times your azz is handed to you.
Total Hypocrite.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by sirnex

Can't you keep anything straight? I said nothing about new things, discovery
or science. I said you and yours and they are BORING

Right, you said my views are boring. Yet my views are based on science, so if my views are boring, then by association you must view science as boring and as science is about discovery and learning new thing's you must also inherently find that boring as well.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
People need to remember, or know, that it doesn't matter how "good" you are while on earth, no matter how many old ladies you help across the street, no matter how much money you donate to the poor - what matters is if you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
Any/all other "gods", planets, new age hocus pocus, or shiny dazzling crystals are not going to be able to save your soul.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by nomorecruelty]

This is my beef with god. How DARE you ever question my morals as an atheist while claiming prayer is more important than helping my fellow man.

If anything, you people are starting to turn me towards satan with your constant ignorance. I honestly think none of you have anything to do, or contribute to this board other than IGNORANCE.

If i FEEL like i need to be SAVED, i will come to you, stop being arrogant. Don't EVER speak on behalf of god.

Go cuddle on some christian/creationist board instead- you guys are REALLY starting to piss me off.

You have a RIGHT to believe in god, i don't care - But i do care that i get religious crap showed down my throat everywhere i turn. IF you believe in creationism, sod off this board it's not for you or your kind.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by K-Raz
You have a RIGHT to believe in god, i don't care - But i do care that i get religious crap showed down my throat everywhere i turn.

Maybe God is trying to get your attention everywhere you turn.
I'll go as far as to say that He is trying to reach you before you
pass from this earth.
Thanks,
TT

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

I prayed for rain the other night. Will you now believe me that my personal rain God is real?

Did it rain?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Have you heard of George Mueller?

Nope. Afterall I don't read much into anecdotal evidence - especially that of singular cases. Let us not forget how good religion is at fleecing its followers of money and its rather frightful preoccupation with children. With singular cases there is no distinguishing between god and luck and what's more, every religion on earth can and does claim equal or better evidence. If a pagan prayed to Aten and got better, you wouldn't presume this is the work of god, though the pagan would.

If prayer does anything, then it's testable by science and indeed science has looked into it and not found much.

Prayers offered by strangers had no effect on the recovery of people who were undergoing heart surgery, a large and long-awaited study has found.

And patients who knew they were being prayed for had a higher rate of post-operative complications like abnormal heart rhythms, perhaps because of the expectations the prayers created, the researchers suggested.
NYTimes

It seems odd that god's healing ability be overcome by performers anxiety. Perhaps if you're going to pray for someone to get better, you best not tell them you are; you wouldn't want to complicate things.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I pray every day for rain. My rain God only gives me rain when I really need it, but I make sure to appease him by praying. And yes, it rained.

Maybe God is trying to get your attention everywhere you turn.
I'll go as far as to say that He is trying to reach you before you
pass from this earth.

I think what he was getting at is the religious attitude that we need God to be moral good people. It's an erroneous thought born of ignorance on the religious side as they don't really have a good grasp on morality themselves.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

Originally posted by sirnex

Did it rain?

Would it matter? It rains everywhere, even in Antarctica although millions of years apart. Praying for rain or wind is silly as a test of prayer because you only need wait.

What's more, when did this monotheism become indistinct from nature worshipping witchdoctors and spiritualism?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I don't think so. If god had any brains, he would know how to "touch" me. In fact, technically you remind me more of satans work.

Trying to lure me away from the time i spend doing good deeds, and instead using that time to worship something i believe all evil comes from.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Boring.

Excellent.. now maybe you can tell us wtf this thread is about.. more specifically WHAT IS THE CONSPIRACY? This forum is about Origins and Creation Conspiracies yet all you have tried to do is promote your own religion and demand atheists tell you why they won't follow YOUR belief system as if not doing so is a personal attack.

All you have achieved here is turn your own thread into a platform to bash atheists and evolutionists and to rack up alot of points (which of course you would have missed out on if you had've posted this at bts where it belongs). Promoting biggotry is spreading ignorance not denying it.. and biggotry is immoral anyway so framing each of your own posts as though you own some sort of moral high ground by default is ludicrous.

Maybe you should actually GET TO THE POINT point unless attacking atheists WAS your entire point..?

again:

WHATS THE CONSPIRACY?!

[edit on 9-11-2009 by riley]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join